Search results

1. S

evidence AGAINST short oil change intervals

What size are the Fe particles? What it is the clearance between the piston ring and the cylinder wall?
  2. S

VAG COM in St. Louis or east central IL?

Chris, I live in Springfield, Ill.Check the VAG-COM list for details.
  3. S

Leaking Injectors

RD, I see your point about the soot. Hadn't occured to me- the evidence has been wetness at the base of the #1 injector (I realized I have been mis-identifying which injector had fuel at the base) which could be blown over from the #3. The whole area is pretty much a mess. I have never seen any...
  4. S

Leaking Injectors

RD,I replaced the return lines attempting to fix the leak thinking that the wet return lines were leaking. I have pretty much isolated the leakage to the #4 injector at the head and the #3 at the fuel ilne flange nut. I going to replace the #4 injector washer today. I am more concerned about the...
  5. S

Leaking Injectors

No injector work at all. I should have mentioned that I have changed the return lines. I also have had starting problems lately. I am wondering if the leaks are creating a way for air to enter the system. This starting problem began after I installed a CAT2 filter although I cannot think why...
  6. S

Leaking Injectors

Leaking #4 injector and #3 injector fuel line nut. Greetings, Led to investigate a raw diesel smell in the engine compartment I have discovered that the #4 injector appears to be leaking at the head. Also the #3 injector fuel line nut appears to be leaking as well...
  7. S

TB by MOGOLF

Greetings All I want to publicly thank MOGOLF for changing my TB. Glen arrived at the beginning of what for us in the Midwest was a 10-inch snowstorm. This storm progressed eastward and left record snow amounts in the northeast. I was late arriving from Chicago and Glen was early so all of the...
  8. S

TDI Beetle Longevity

To All My 2001 TDI Bug has 27k on it and I drive 2k per month to Chicago and back. Wahts the best oil, filter and fuel additive to make this car last 250k or retirement in 2011. I can do what it takes for longevity- I just don't what that is. Regards Rod
  9. S

Bug Longevity

Greetings All My one year old New Beetle as 27k on it. This car is planned to run 250k till I retire in 2011. What fuel adds, oil type and filters should I use. I can do the right thing- I just don't know what that is. Keep it simple . Regards Rod