Search results

1. U

ALH T. Belt Kit For Sale

Hello, I no longer have a TDI but have a complete timing belt change kit from Roseland. I'd like to sell it. These go for $275.00 these days, I would settle for half that! It has an accessory belt for car with AC and maybe some other little stuff.
  2. U

War against the diesel on PEI

$1.32.7 per liter now, while gasoline is $126.4 here in Prince Island on Apr 28th
  3. U

Anyone on PEI want to go in on a TDI Engine FrostHeater?

They will ship to Canada for free with only a two unit order? That's very unusual, and great! :) Don't forget that there are venders that sell the Frostheater. http://www.frostheater.com/links.htm and I bet Roseland Technical Services could get you one as well.
  4. U

The series 8000 is available in 750,100, and 1500 watts. Their part number 3308002 is the 1000 watt model. There is a simmilar looking one that is 2000 watts, Series 41, but you don't want that one, although it does have a thermostat and the 8000 line does not. The Frostheater units use a...
  5. U

Turbo no longer working. Challenge for any gurus out there.

I know people suggested to post in this section too, but your answer is in the other thread...
  6. U

I simply bought a in-line heater from Traction, cut the heater hose, stuck 'er in-line and poof the job was done. But I have a 2001. Your milage may vary. Sorry I'm not much help.
  7. U

Happy Holidays East Coasters!

Yea, and a belated Happy Festivus for the rest of us !
  8. U

Anyone local need a MK4 Jetta hidden hitch?

:) Are you saying you have the the receiver, or you have a draw bar that you mount the ball to, and it goes into a receiver? :confused: If it's a receiver (with or without a draw bar) I'll buy it and I am in Prince Edward Island. I can get to Ch'town most days by 5:00pm or anytime on the...
  9. U

Don't go to Harringtons VW for a safety inspection

The parts are in a "kit" from the dealership? I did not know that. You'd think that would have poped up on screen,eh :confused:
  10. U

Any regrets to adding a rear anti sway bar?

Your homemade bar looks right up my alley! I was thinking of just welding a plate on each side of the axle in the area where the bar bolts in:confused: Wouyls you be so kind to send me (us) a link to the dimensions of that bar?
  11. U

I called teh Moncton VW dealer looking for a bolt needed to install one of the rollers. I had the part number and the parts dude said they didn't have the bolt in stock and looked further and told me they had never, ever, ordered the bolt in question. Never ordered a bolt that VW says must be...
  12. U

HELP needed / VagCom / Moncton

For may car I bought an e-bay cable and use VWtool and other stuff, it works great for the money. I got a serial cable so I didn't have to do any usb-serial conversion driver installs, and could use VCDS if I wanted ar needed to.
  13. U

Local Nozzle Setup

Meh, just put them on and enjoy! :)
  14. U

I'm backkkk

Oh yea, it had a short antenna on it and heated cloth seats with a burn on the driver's right thigh area. The remote seems to work from a long way off for one of these cars, so it may have had the antenna extended as well? Only issue is that I can find no record of timing belt change so I'll...
  15. U

I'm backkkk

Just bought a "salvage" light green 01 with 350,000 km's from the auction last week. I think it came from NB not NS, but I forget now.:) It was smashed in the drivers front and center. I replaced the headlight and upper grill insert and am driving it everyday. It's missing all the underside...
  16. U

Visiting Halifax to pick up an imported car

97 judging by the tail lights. He's not importing blind guys!
  17. U

Being from Atlantic Canada I will comment... You sir, Orginal Poster, are correct. They were not doing what you asked.
  18. U

Please help Multiple Problems 06 TDI low power

I really have nothing to say, I just wanted to be included in this awesome thread :D
  19. U

Guess what's wrong with my ALH

Thanks, I was thinking of pulling the glow plugs to have a look see. I used to know the size of the threads on the plugs, but I can sure try a metric wheel nut or two.
  20. U

Sigh...

It's dead in here, so I cross posted... Sue me:D Was driving along and heard a “flapping” noise. Reminded me of a fan belt that was about half split across and the loose end was whipping underhood components. It only lasted a second or two. Then 5-6 seconds later it happened again. I put the...