Search results

1. B

Some AHU Assistance Please

There was a bit history to this car that I wonder about. I bought it not running from an auction. There were several new glow plug relays, a new glow plug harness, four glow plugs, a box of latex gloves, a pulley tool for the alternator, and some other stuff in the trunk. The car had rabbit...
  2. B

I bought it at the Auction (98 Jetta no faults no power)

This is my first time posting in this section. I want to thank you in advance for taking your time to read this. I purchased this 1998 Jetta TDI from the auction. It is always fun doing the forensic work of what the hell did I buy and why did this car go to auction. Judging from the trunk the...
  3. B

TDI history?

I'm planning a TDI swap into a vanagon. I posted in the swap forum some questions but this is a basic TDI question. I'm trying to choose a donor car/year? Is there a site that describes the years and the evolution of the tdi? I need facts, power outputs, engine mounting, fuel management systems...
  4. B

Vanagon Swap

I know very little about the TDI. Although I know enough, to know it is what is going to power my vanagon syncro. I might be able to score a deal on a 1999 Jetta. Is this a good candidate for the swap or should I go newer? What are the Power gains of the newer engines. Is there a good site that...