Search results

1. K

FS: 04 B5.5V Piedmont, AL needs repairs

2004 Passat wagon GLS TDI for sale in Piedmont,Al (between Birmingham,AL and Atlanta,GA) Purchased from a TDI club member, BSM repair done by oilhammer, new trans and turbo in the last two years. It needs a new valve body for the trans, intake manifold, and an orifice tube in the A/C. My...
  2. K

Injector bleeding '82 300D

Hey guys, I'm needing a little help with an '82 MB 300D. I replaced the primer pump and it didn't seem to have any resistance when I pumped it, so I then replaced the first fuel filter and I thought it was pumping correctly. Would't start. Replaced the main fuel filter, still no start...
  3. K

Audi Clean Diesel TDi Commercial

Hopefully this is the right sub-forum otherwise moderators feel free to move to the appropiate section. I was watching the History channel tonight and I saw a clean diesel commercial touting all sorts of things we all know: 30% less fuel, cleaner emissions, quiet, etc... Then I noticed all...
  4. K

Gadsden, Alabama

Saw a gold Golf TDI traveling on Meighan Blvd. today. Got caught at a stoplight next to him and he asked me what kind of milage I'm getting and I asked him if he knew about the TDIClub.com, he said no so I gave him a card through the window. He said he also had a '09. If you see this, send me...
  5. K

Quick, Polaris UOA questions

Hey guys, pardon the noobie questions but this is my first time and I want to get it right. I'm sending in my first UOA to polaris and they didn't really include packing instructions with their free kit, so if you could help answer these questions I'd appriciate it. 1) label goes on the sample...
  6. K

Relay 173 and Brake Wear indicator

Hey everybody, I know this topic has been covered extensively, but I can't seem to find the answer to my question or I didn't dig deep enough so here goes. <- wraps himself in nomex blanket Does removing the relay 173 to disable the DRLs also disable the brake wear indicator light? I read...
  7. K

Harlequin in Gadsden AL

I know it's not a TDI but I saw something more rare than a TDI. I passed a rough-looking, no hubcap-having Harlequin Golf in Gadsden, Alabama. I've only ever seen pictures and I almost turned around and chased him down just to get a closer look. Anyone know this person? Diesel On,
  8. K

Fuel Filter Replacement Tools & Tips

I was getting ready to replace the fuel filter in my '04 Passat wagen, so I ordered my filter along with my 10K oil change supplies. I did my reasearch, watched the video from the cincitdi website (Well done MoGolf et al!), asked around and recieved lots of good advice and a little that didn't...
  9. K

Brake Lights stay on and ASR light

Hey All, The car: 2004 Passat Wagon GLS TDI 114,000miles The situation: Dropped the kids off at daycare this morn. noticed brake lights stayed on even after I shut down car. Get back in car and keep driving. Car beeps, shows ENGINE WORKSHOP and glow plug light starts blinking (figured...
  10. K

TDICLUB saved me $$$$$ THANKS!

Hey all, Couldn't find a more pertinant place to post this so I figured this will do because it is forum related. We all have saved many $'s (US and Canadian) as well as Pounds and Euros by following advice or research we've gotten here. So, I thought I would start this thread so we could...
  11. K

Color me jealous

I know I can't afford it, but I still wish I could buy one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9qsAssGOqc&NR=1 Lot's of cool features. Diesel on,
  12. K

Can't get the window up on B5.5, HELP!

Hey all, I had the windows tinted on my '04 B5.5V last week. I hadn't rolled them down since I had it done. I get 30 min from home on a road trip to charleston, stop for some fast food, window will only go part way up. If I try to force it the pinch protection kicks in and rolls the window down...
  13. K

10K service questions

Despite whatever it says under my name over there, this is my first oil change for me and my B5.5 I've got my Pela 6000, Oil (505.01), oil filter, air filter, oil filter wrench (76mm X 14 flutes), and standard tools. 1) Is there any uber-specific tools I'm forgetting? I watched the...
  14. K

How many miles on your B5.5 TDi?

Hey Ya'll, I'm curious to know how many miles you have put on your B5.5. Part of the reason I bought mine is because I drive a lot of miles a year and I suspect many of you do the same. I bought my B5.5V 3 months ago with 94K and since then have added 10K so I stand at a paltry 104K miles. I...
  15. K

2006 Jetta SC plates on I-65

Passed a grey 2006 or 2006.5 Jetta sedan TDI on I-65 north in Indiana about m.m. 66. This was the only TDi I saw between Alabama and Wisconsin
  16. K

Suggestions on N-S route thru Chicago?

Hey Guys, I've got to make a trip to the ancestoral homeland (Kenosha, WI) this coming weekend for a funeral. It's been a few years since I drove through Chicago. I'll be coming up I-65 and need to come out I-94 north on the other end. I expect to be there about 7pm on Thursday. I used to...
  17. K

Wheel Lock Key Part Numbers???

I did something today that many have done before me. I drove off with the key in the lug bolt. I know theres a way to get the part number for the replacement without removing the locking lug. Can someone out there help me? It's round with 14 V-shaped splines. Thank goodness for...
  18. K

VW Chooses Chattanooga for US Plant

Alabama in dash with Tennessee (and michigan) over Volkswagen plant We recently got Mercedes, Honda, Hyundai, is VW next for the sweet and sunny south? http://www.al.com/business/birminghamnews/junderwood.ssf?/base/business/1209284152105760.xml&coll=2&thispage=1...
  19. K

"Falafel fuel" powers cars in petrol-starved Gaza

I'm not trying to start a flame war about WVO usage. I found this article interesting. I hope you will too. "But a liter costs up to 20 Israeli shekels ($5.76)" http://www.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMolt/idUSL2957154320080430?sp=true Article text: By Rebecca Harrison GAZA...
  20. K

World power crunch tightening diesel market

http://www.reuters.com/article/reutersEdge/idUSN2529366720080429?sp=true Dosen't look like there's any relief in sight for high diesel prices..... Article text: By Matthew Robinson - Analysis NEW YORK (Reuters) - Rising electricity demand, aging power infrastructure and fuel shortages in...