Search results

1. GeekDrew

Answers to using the TDIClub Chat Room

For web chat, go to this URL: http://webchat.freenode.net?channels=%23%23tdiclub For people who use an IRC client, please configure it to connect to Freenode (instructions). We'll be in ##tdiclub. Note that there are two hash marks before tdiclub.
  2. GeekDrew

"Bonfire" @ Drew's (Bremen, OH) - Sat Oct 21, 2017

Well this nighttime event seems to have started last night at the Columbus get together. Lawson, Jason, Brian, Keith, Emilie, Eric and I are at breakfast already. We’ll probably start the fire a bit before sundown.
  3. GeekDrew

Columbus/Central Ohio Third Friday GTG Thread

I'll be there.
  4. GeekDrew

"Bonfire" @ Drew's (Bremen, OH) - Sat Oct 21, 2017

It's that time of year again... a rollercoaster of weather less predictable than politics! Let's roll the dice and have another fire, shall we? starts late afternoon (idk, 15:00 - 17:00); ends... eventually exclusively social (no wrenching) eurovans prohibited (no wrenching) food is a group...
  5. GeekDrew

"Bonfire" @ Drew's (Bremen, OH) - Sat Oct 29, 2016

Camping in any form (that immediately comes to mind) is OK; I disclaim all liability for anything that might happen while you're camping. (It's a rural area. Dogs, skunks, raccoons, etc are out at night.)
  6. GeekDrew

"Bonfire" @ Drew's (Bremen, OH) - Sat Oct 29, 2016

Here in Ohio, we've recently had a chill in the air, usually reserved for mid-fall. Puts me in the mood to have some friends over for another BonfireFest! :D This will be mostly the same as it's been the last few times there have been GTGs at my place: starts late afternoon (idk, 16:00 -...
  7. GeekDrew

How to do your buyback calculations (& post them here!)

Yeah, I didn't see this thread until after I made the calculator. Perhaps I'll spend a couple of minutes making that more copypastaish. I wondered whether it would go live tomorrow, or maybe once a judge reviews/approves the settlement (which is... July 26th, potentially?).
  8. GeekDrew

Read about it in the instructions from the posted PDFs: Golf Beetle and Jetta Passat and A3 Basically, the purpose is to ensure that everyone is compensated no less than $5100. Let X equal your calculated modification value, before further adjustment. If X is greater than or equal to $5100...
  9. GeekDrew

Please elaborate on what it's doing wrong.
  10. GeekDrew

This unofficial calculator may make it easier for some of you to determine buyback/modification amounts.
  11. GeekDrew

Who's Registered?

Ready to make last-minute plans? For those of you wondering, registration is still open, including admission to food events - the deadline has been extended until 09:00 AM (US/East) tomorrow. :)
  12. GeekDrew

Too late to register?

Ready to make last-minute plans? For those of you wondering, registration is still open, including admission to food events - the deadline has been extended until 09:00 AM (US/East) tomorrow. :)
  13. GeekDrew

"Bonfire" @ Drew's (Bremen, OH) - November 1, 2014 * RESCHEDULED *

VeeDubTDI and compu_85 just left, officially concluding (the hopefully final) bonfire weekend. The weather wasn't perfect - but I had a good time, and I hope that everyone else did, as well. It was great to see some new faces, and to spend a little time with friends. :) Thanks to everyone who...
  14. GeekDrew

Aww, sorry to hear that. We'll miss you both. :(
  15. GeekDrew

Then I suppose we [who will be here anyway] should be back at the house by 2:00 pm also. ;) I'm thinking we'll start the fire around... 6ish? Perhaps a bit earlier? Unfortunately depends on the weather... it's not going to go well if it's rainy, so hopefully that passes by mid-morning. Oh...
  16. GeekDrew

I've added some important information to post #1 - how to get here, what to bring, and what the weather is predicted to be.
  17. GeekDrew

Indeed ;) The farm is about an hour southeast of the I-270 outerbelt. I (or VeeDubTDI ;) ) will PM the address to anyone who asks. But yeah - you won't likely miss much if you leave the Cbus area around 15:00. Curious Chris: Awesome. Looking forward to the pulled pork. :D Sprocket: We wish...