Search results

1. V

2001 Golf TDI Manual Trans 120amp Bosch alternator - need correct Bosch regulator p/n

As the title say, my 2001 manual, Brazil built Gold hatchback with 120amp Bosch alternator needs a new regulator. All diagnostics done, it's definitely the regulator. Alternator removed. Now my dilemma. 1) The old regulator was not the original one to the car, so I don't have the correct...
  2. V

Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

Based on one previous comment, some of the listings for Florida are not current. Does anyone have any recent contacts/experience with any TDI mechanics in Florida ? Thanks I just contacted Keith Scarborough in Tampa and he too is no longer doing work. Map needs updating.
  3. V

WTB Jetta MKIV A pillar (drivers) AIRBAG trim cap in gray

A nit, I know, but the missing cap bugs me.
  4. V

"Check" Front Assist

2015 TDI Golf Sportwagen. Today something new appeared on the dash. A checkbox (checked) with the message "Front Assist". It won't turn off, and prevents all other displays on the center dash (like MPG) from appearing. Turned Assist off and on but, message remains. The sensor is clean...
  5. V

FS: Dashmat - Suedemat smoke - Golf & Alltrak

Dashmat: Suedemat #82066-00-76 Fitment: 2015-2019 VW Golf/GTI 2015-2019 Golf Sportwagen 2017-2019 Golf Alltrak Color: Smoke Condition: Perfect. ( I ordered the wrong color for my Sportwagen ) Price: $35 includes UPS shipping I can email pictures
  6. V

Part out 02 jetta tdi auto

How about the lower door seals ? Need the drivers front, but would take all if you want to bump up the package. Viz
  7. V

WTB: MKIV Drivers lower door seal - 4 door Jetta

If you have a crunched drivers door from a 4 door MKIV Jetta and are willing to sell the lower door seal (no longer available from VAG), please let me know Thanks Viz
  8. V

AdBlue consumption on Mk7 Golf?

There's no reason one can't top off the tank prior to the 10K mile mark, or, for that matter, at any time, correct ? Rather than wait for service or a warning light (I'm at 7K miles now), I'd rather know it's not going to throw a warning light or have to find the fluid while on a trip.
  9. V

Actual Purchases of 2015 Stop-Sale (NEW TDI's)

That's all true, however, unless IRS rules have changed, that interest money that you pay back to yourself in the 401(K), is going to be taxed at the same rate that the rest of the 401(K) funds are taxed at. Why is that a concern? Because you already paid the tax on that interest money as...
  10. V

The Worst Oil Change Ive Ever Done

Quote: Originally Posted by jpljohn ....... By the way, There are two oil filters with the same part number. 03N 115 562. I had the wrong one when I went to install it. I'd post pictures that show the difference, if I could. Bump. Can no one answer my question ? Are there 2...
  11. V

Best Cargo Liner for 2015 Golf

The Canvasback liner has an optional bumper cover available in 3 different lengths. Not sure if you can just velcro that to the carpet with the Canvasback, but I think so. Get the whole package, you won't regret it especially with dogs.
  12. V

The Worst Oil Change Ive Ever Done

Sorry to resurrect an old thread/post, but can anyone shed some light on this comment? Are there in fact (2) different oil filters with this part number? (And if so, why? ***?) I just bought a couple, genuine VW, and was surprised that they are shorter than the one for my MKIV 1.9L. Did...
  13. V

Fumoto valve for GSW TDI ??

I have extractors, but the 2015 GSW requires an undercar excursion to change the oil filter, so draining the pan while down there isn't as much of an issue.
  14. V

Fumoto valve for GSW TDI ??

Finding conflicting data on the application of a Fumoto valve for the EA288 Golf TDI Sportwagen, so turning to those who might actually have installed one. Some sites show the F106 (or F106SX) will fit, but possibly requiring the ADP-106 adapter. Since I haven't gotten to 10K miles yet, and...
  15. V

What actually resets the "Since refuel" MFD?

Is there a switch that is activated when you open the fuel door that causes the reset of the "Since refuel" MFD ? Or, is there a float switch in the tank, or, what ? I would hope that it's not triggered by opening the fuel door, since that doesn't have to result in any fuel being put it, say...
  16. V

Best Cargo Liner for 2015 Golf

+1 for Canvasback. No regrets on this purchase Viz
  17. V

Bi xenon light question

What does ".....only the R lights those up...." mean ? What is "R" ? Viz
  18. V

Actual Purchases of 2015 Stop-Sale (NEW TDI's)

I dunno about that, they look just like the wheels on my new GSW SEL. (Now, I did buy it pretty close to the Canadian border though :D). Viz
  19. V

Manuals with new 2015's

Yes, 10K service is included, as shown on the window sticker
  20. V

Manuals with new 2015's

Wife is out with the car so I don't have the whole doc folder right now, but there was the full, thick, owners manual, the infotainment book, a SiriusXM folder, a VW Quickstart guide, the warranty booklet (I think), an accessory brochure, an California emmision warranty booklet. So yeah, you're...