Search results

1. D

MKIV Jetta ABS Issues

I tried 3 different sensors with no change. It wasn't the sensor like usual. I also inspected the ring and it was fine. Wire was damaged behind the seat so I spliced in a new one just now and it looks to be fixed.
  2. D

MKIV Jetta ABS Issues

I'm with you there, just trying to see if there is a common failure area on these. Wiring has never been my strong point. For now I am going to start bu pulling the rear seat and try to work my way forward.
  3. D

MKIV Jetta ABS Issues

Scanned with car with VCDS and got this: 1 Fault Found: 00290 - ABS Wheel Speed Sensor; Rear Left (G46) 012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit Tried to clear it several times and it comes right back immediately. I get wheel speed from the other 3, but not from the left rear in VCDS...
  4. D

B5.5 Passat TDI Engine, Auto Transmission, and Damaged Manual Trans

Someone slammed into the rear and totaled a friend's Passat with a manual swap. He bough a very clean B5.5 Passat with 204k miles on it that we are pulling the engine and trans from to swap in his current 5 speed and engine that has a cam/BSM delete, etc. The engine is fro mthe 204k mile car ad...
  5. D

B5.5 Passat Manual Swap - Are Euro Transmission from 1.9 and 2.0 the Same?

Have a manual swapped Passat with some transmission issues. It currently has a FHN 14053 transmission. We found a FHN 01051 for sale from a 1.9L Passat. Are these interchangeable?
  6. D

Which is the Best Carrier to use for Importing Parts?

It will be around 35lbs or so
  7. D

Which is the Best Carrier to use for Importing Parts?

Not sure where to put this, sorry if this is the wrong location. I am having some parts sent over from a UK based company to the US. I figured a few members here have some experience and could help me out. Is there any companies that I should avoid or a preferred company? I don't want them...
  8. D

2 Cupholder Center Console (Gray)

I have a nice gray cup holder center console. I pulled it from a wrecked 2004 car and it doesn't have any damage to the mounting tabs that these normally have. It is gray in color, it needs a quick washing and I am traveling currently so it will be a bit before I can get back and take a...
  9. D

2006 with Tons of Crankcase Pressure and Whistling noise coming from the vent

The turbo still spins. Its hard to get my fingers in there, but it does seem to have a little more friction than usual. Would a bad turbo cause the car to have excess pressure coming out? I was thinking the same thing about these not being a common failure. The oil pump was broken according...
  10. D

I dont think he used ether on it, but I'll ask him. He seemed to care reasonable well for it and has records for the car. I'll keep that is mind. I was hoping there may be an issue with the CCV systems on these cars, but its seeming like its going to have engine issues.
  11. D

It would be cheap, just looking for ideas to the solution
  12. D

Sorry this may be a bit long, but I'll try to be direct. I am considering buying this car. Car was going down the road and apparently the oil pump broke and the car stopped running so it was towed to mechanic. Mechanic put a new cam sensor in it and also noted that the cam pulley was all the...
  13. D

Frost Heater and Heated Seat Plug and Play Harness

Kufatec harness sold. Price drop on frost heater
  14. D

Frost Heater and Heated Seat Plug and Play Harness

A few cold weather items for sale. Both of these make winter much more pleasant in your TDI. I have a lightly used Frost heater for sale. It came out of a 2002 Jetta TDI. It worked great and the car would have heat and defrost instantly even on 20 degree mornings (kind of rare here to get any...
  15. D

5th Gear issues!

I'm working on a Jetta lost 5th gear going down the highway but others work fine. I pulled the cover and the teeth are fine on both gears and the lever moved fine. When engaged the two gears spin, but the shaft oon the larger gear doesn't spin. It does spin on my parts tranny. Trans obviously...
  16. D

Where to get Glass Lenses for MKIV Headlights?

I would still recommend glass over the plastic. I have had the ones on my Jetta for several years and they look much better. They are very tough - keep in mind plastic will get sand blasted and break too. This is why I was asking about the Chinese ones being decent quality.
  17. D

No difference in quality between those Chinese ones and others?
  18. D

Looking for a set of these, any suggestions? My regular vendors I use from the board don't seem to carry them.
  19. D

Mercedes ML Diesel Changes?

Trying to get some useful info on the ML320/350 Diesel and changes they made. All I can find is navi differences, etc. Seems the major groups are: 07/08 ML320 CDI 09+ ML320 Bluetec ML350 Bluetec I see that the 09 got the urea/adblue and picked up a few hp. Did they drop rail pressure or...