Search results

1. M

Boost Gauge Electrical

I'm installing a boost gauge on my 2000 Jetta using an A pillar pod. Where would be the best place to get the electrical source for the gauge light? From the back of the head light switch/dimmer assembly? If so, which wire? I appreciate the help. Steve
  2. M

MAF-Where To Buy

The MAF on my 2000 Jetta is doing the slow dance of death. I want to replace it with another TDI MAF. Any other suggestions on where to get one for a reasonable price. Thanks for your help.
  3. M

Injection Pump Bolts-Torque Spec

What torque value should be used to tighten the 8mm x 1.25 grade 8.8 non-stretch bolts used on the injection pump pulley? I have the value for the stretch type bolt, but not the non-stretch alternative. I'm guessing about 20 ft/lbs. I'm I close?
  4. M

A4 TB Change in PDF

I seem to recall a thread regarding the A4 timing belt change being available in PDF. I've been searching for it but with no luck. If is exists does anyone know where it is? Thanks
  5. M

Non VW Antifreeze

According to the Havoline website,their extended life antifreeze (Dex Cool) meets the VW/Audi G-12 specification. The Bentley service manual just says that the antifreeze must be phosphate free. Does anyone know if using this Havoline antifreeze, or any other equivalent brand, is OK in a 2000...
  6. M

Non VW Antifreeze

According to the Havoline website,their extended life antifreeze (Dex Cool) meets the VW/Audi G-12 specification. The Bentley service manual just says that the antifreeze must be phosphate free. Does anyone know if using this Havoline antifreeze, or any other equivalent brand, is OK in a 2000...
  7. M

Prep for Timing Belt Change

I'll got a question for my first post. Why do you need to remove the cam sprocket during an A4 timing belt change? Is there too much tension on the new belt even with the tensioner relaxed for it to be fitted properly? On other vehicles that I've changed belts, removing the cam sprocket wasn't...