Search results

1. R

SOLD***FS 2013 Passat TDI SEL PREMIUM, Patterson NY 12563 Price lowered 4/27

UPDATED 4/7/21 NEW TIRES AND MORE PICTURES BRAND NEW RIKEN RAPTORS ON THE FACTORY 17" ALLOY RIMS WHICH ARE IN EXCELLENT CONDITION FRONT BRAKES ARE POWER STOP, DRILLED AND SLOTTED ROTORS WITH CARBON FIBER PADS @ 105K MILES, NOV 2019, STILL IN GREAT SHAPE REAR BRAKES ARE ZIMMERMAN ROTORS AND...
  2. R

4 studded snow tires and wheels 15s - $250 (Patterson, NY)

SOLD $250 firm Please read the whole ad. Goodyear Ultragrip 195/60/15. Used mostly highway miles for last 3 winters, December to March. Still plenty of life left on these. Excellent in deep snow and ice for front wheel drive. I live on top of a mountain and I never got stuck. These came off a...
  3. R

got the emissions mod fix today

just got back from danbury vw in ct. they also fixed the snow screen recall, no o2 sensor needed. got there at 810am for my 815 appt. they said about 2 hours. i was driving home at 1005. early and initial signs show no noticable changes. i'm a car guy and was slightly expecting something but on...
  4. R

FS in Patterson,NY. 4 studded snow tires 16", $100 firm

used 3-4 winters, still plenty of tread. 215-60-16 Mastercraft (Cooper). pick up only, cash only pictures http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/wto/5945685323.html
  5. R

4 studded snow tires and wheels, Patterson, NY

$250 firm Please read the whole ad. Goodyear Ultragrip 195/60/15. Used mostly highway miles for last 3 winters, December to March. Still plenty of life left on these. Excellent in deep snow and ice for front wheel drive. I live on top of a mountain and I never got stuck. These came off a 97 VW...
  6. R

FS- 97 Passat TDI, Patterson, NY, $1900

1997 VW Passat Vw installed motor has 180k miles, car has 301k, mostly highway @65mph. averages 47 mpg combined, over 50 on the highway. good, well maintained commuter car. no leaks or funny smells inside. 5 speed. starts, runs and drives good. no CEL. Mike at M&M Auto & Cycle (well known TDI...
  7. R

FS- 97 Passat TDI, Patterson, NY, $2500 obo

FS- 97 Passat TDI, Patterson, NY, $1900 1997 VW Passat Vw installed motor has 180k miles, car has 301k, mostly highway @65mph. averages 47 mpg combined, over 50 on the highway. great, well maintained commuter car. no leaks or funny smells inside. 5 speed. starts, runs and drives good. no CEL...
  8. R

good deal? 2013 passat tdi sel premium

hi guys, I'm usually in the b4 forums , but I'm finally upgrading. just hit 300k on the 97. I'm looking at a 13 sel premium auto6. 41k miles, looks and drives great, issues- code po562 for low voltage. seller told me battery was dead from sitting. cel was on but think he erased it. dash shows...
  9. R

Help with BAD front end problem, 97 B4 297K

can't figure this one out yet. car starts out driving fine, but after 30-40 minutes at 65mph on the highway, it starts to vibrate and gets progressively worse. when i slow down, the car starts to wobble and shake and make loud clicking and cluncking sounds from the front. it feels like the...
  10. R

group 27 battery in a B4?

anyone know if I can install a group 27 "easily" in a 97 passat? its a carquest dp27m , dual purpose marine battery that I have no use for anymore, except if it will go in my 97. the car is stuck at work from the blizzard and I'm heading back there tomorrow night. its in good condition...
  11. R

please help with rear shocks, 97 B4

I installed new bilstein tc shocks and thought I had it right but its making noises like something is loose back there. I did one side at a time and used the other side for reference, but still screwed it up. I think the main issue is the little snap ring on the rod, just below the threads on...
  12. R

anyone change rear shocks on a 97 Passat?

hello all, I have a cracked spring on one side on the rear. I got a set of used Springs online for a hundred bucks and I ordered new shocks, bilstein TC, and a strut mount kit for each side. I was wondering if anyone has done this and if there is anything tricky or is it straight forward? Thank you
  13. R

all electric power goes out for 20 seconds on shutdown

new problem 3 times this week, i lost all electric power when i shut the car off, after some highway driving. not everytime, intermittenly. its like the battery gets disconnected momentarily, then after around 20-30 seconds, it comes back on. i just sit there and wait, and voila, its back. is...
  14. R

change all coolant hoses?

went to check on a slight coolant leak this morning and found the problem. had a slight drip from the fitting that looks like it comes from the water pump. it has 3 connections. shaped like the letter F. right next to oil filter on passenger side. tried to tighten one clamp and it was already in...
  15. R

front wheel bearing replacement?

hi all, hope you're enjoying the summer. its going fast. can someone help me find a thread or info on replacing these for a b4 ? I looked w no luck. found lots of mk4 info. not sure its the same? thanks in advance.
  16. R

f/s- 4 used snow tires/wheels

f/s- 4 used snow tires/wheels-195/60/14-4x100- reduced- $200 4 used cooper weathermaster 195/60/14 tires in great condition. total 7500 miles on them, all highway. used for 3 winters, rotated every winter. more than 50% left. GREAT in snow. mounted and balanced, ready to go on ugly, but fully...
  17. R

how long between brake jobs?

happy turkey , all. so i got my car inspected last wek and passed. but the mechanic said i needed new pads fron t and rear. he never showed me. i declined his offer . i looked at them today and all 4 wheels seem to have plenty of meat left on the pads. i checked since my last pads were...
  18. R

bad starter or ignition switch?

my 97 passat is up to 258,000 miles and here is whats happening occasionally, on start up, it will either click or struggle to crank. if i try again, it starts. brought it to the local aap and they tested the battery, alternator and such. all is fine. battery and alt are about 2 years old...
  19. R

choices for a new 120 amp alternator?

my alternator seems to have had better days. the battery/charging light came on today while running errands. good thing i have a good battery. made it home . on the way, had a local aap check it out. no charging at all from the alt. i'm bringing it to an alternator/starter rebuild shop tomorrow...
  20. R

what's that part called?

good evening. i'm trying to identify a part i need. its a small motor or actuator that controls the door flap for the recirculation mode for the fan/heat/ac. its located on the passenger side on top of the panel/behind the knee bolster/near the blower motor. it will not close by itself. if i...