Search results

1. S

Twin engine MK4 Jetta VR6 W8 turbo

OK, so not a TDI at all but none-the-less I think most people here would find it seriously cool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVs1JiEuBBY This guy has managed to cram a W8 engine into the back of a VR6 jetta. Not sure if it's just a joke or if the guy intends to finish it but either way...
  2. S

FS: PGM 2012 Jetta TDI Premium w/NAV 6MT - San Jose, CA

Asking price: $26,000 OBO I have a 2012 Jetta TDI Premium w/NAV. I had plans to bring it up to the same level of trim as a GLI, but I didn't realize just how much work that'd be on the mk6 platform. Combine that with life changes that leave me with almost no time to do car work and I'm left...
  3. S

you can't trust the trusted mechanics

I was wrenching on the car today, and made a couple discoveries. It reminded me that you can't trust most shops, even if they're on the trusted mechanics list. I've had some minor lack of power issues that I've been trying to track down. I've only been driving the car a couple weeks after it...
  4. S

WTB: non-lit center vent assemblies

I'm attempting to build a custom piece to replace my center vent assembly, but I need a couple extra pieces on hand to cannibalize and in case I screw up and need to start over. I know a lot of people have replaced their non-lit vents with lit vents, have you done that and do you wanna recoup...
  5. S

WTB: Your deleted EGR parts (BEW)

I've bought these parts. Thanks burpod.
  6. S

2004 Bora with new glasses

I just got her back from the body shop yesterday after being hit by some guy in a rental truck. Lost my OEM HIDs but replaced them with a set of S5 lights from bleachedbora. Have to push insurance about the way the bumper cover fits, they're running me around on that. :/
  7. S

Should I push insurance to fix this?

A couple weeks ago someone in a rental truck ran over my car, and did some damage to the frontend. I was parallel parked next to a driveway, and he cut too hard pulling an isuzu npr in, hitting my drivers side quarterpanel hard enough to push my car into the curb. After they moved the truck my...
  8. S

Honda Accord FC (FCX?) TDI, I-505 Northern California

I spotted this driving North on I-505, 5km from the I-5 junction according to GPS. He had to have been doing 65mph in a 70, as I blew by him doing 77 indicated. Fuel economy test maybe? :p I didn't notice anything about the car until I went by and saw the giant diesel sticker on the side (see...
  9. S

'04 PD, 70k mi, Limp Mode, no CEL, Loud Exhaust, any chance it's not my turbo?

Hi Everyone, Last weekend while driving through a huge rainstorm I finally got some free road ahead of me, and attempted to accelerate, when I heard a sudden popping sound, and what sounded like a whoosh of air. After that, I had a very loud engine, but I was on the freeway, at 60mph, on a...
  10. S

2004 Jetta TDI

That's my baby when she was brand new (edit: to me), just a month and a half shy of 2 years ago. Behind her is the rest of my former fleet (had to sell them when I moved :mad:) Since then I've put on over 40k miles through 8 states. She's also put on a lot of wear and tear. :( I've moved from...