Search results

1. I

My beloved wagon rolled back into a tree out of the driveway.

Have had the car for 11 years. I've been parking on my sloped driveway for 10. I've always put the car in gear as a precaution when I get out. Today, I must not have or it popped out of reverse somehow, but I found the car down the slope and the tailgate was crushed. I've already replaced it...
  2. I

Painted number on block (from factory or no?)

Hey TDI folks, I tried posting this over on Vortex but no luck, seems pretty dead over there and I've always trusted the opinions and technical know-how of those on this site so here goes: I had an ABA 98 mk3 Golf years ago that I transplanted the motor from into another vehicle. Junked the...
  3. I

Should I hear fuel pump buzz EVERY time I turn the key?

I’ve been chasing after a weird intermittent crank/no start issue. Ordered a crankshaft position sensor and a new fuel pump (both original on the car) but am curious what could be making it so intermittent. I literally went out last night started the car after 2 days of sitting with a crank/no...
  4. I

Is an A4 Quattro front subframe a direct swap for b5.5?

According to the salvage yard, it comes up in their system as yes. Can anyone confirm?
  5. I

Another discontinued part #'s question (B5.5)

Hey All, I tried posting over at Passatworld, but Didn't get any specific answers. Trying to install my new rear shocks and springs and running into an issue with parts 8E0512297A & 8E0512109B (upper/lower insulators for the shock)-Mine are in pretty rough shape and I was hoping to replace at...
  6. I

Plastic shield from below wagon. Where does it go?

Hey All, Last night had to drive through some flash flooding and afterwards I heard a scraping from under the car. This plastic shield was dragging so I pulled it out from the area of the gas tank and set it aside for now. Can anyone give me an idea where it goes because I had never noticed it...
  7. I

Need some help with a part number for a Rear Brake Dust Shield and whether an Audi A4/A6 part is interchangeable.

It seems like it is? The part number is 8E0 615 611 E. The VW and Audi Parts guys have confirmed it is a VW/Audi part number and used by both. There have been a series of supersessions on the last letter in the series, so 8E0 615 611 K and 8E0 615 611 S for example... The stamping looks the...
  8. I

Electrical issues with headliner removed (a4 wagon)?

Took all the switches and handles off to redo my headliner and the alarm isn’t arming, the open door indicator is on in the cluster all the time (and the chime rings for like 3 minutes), but most annoying: if I turn my headlights on it’s a continuous buzz as if I left the lights on when I leave...
  9. I

Are Aftermarket MAF sensors just THAT fickle?

I replaced mine with a BREMI and it drove great for 2-3 weeks, took care of the EPC light and my CEL code, then all of a sudden started having serious driving issues (surging, bucking, dying.) Spoke with FCP Euro, thinking I would order a Bosch and be done with it, but was convinced to try...
  10. I

Jumped starter=nothing. New starter time?

A couple of weeks ago got in my car at work, turned the key-Nada. No click, no weird electrical symptoms, no attempt at turning over. Kept trying a few different things, wiggled the key, confirmed fuel pump operation, just as I was going to call AAA, tried again and it randomly fired right up...
  11. I

Leak at power steering hose where hard line meets rubber (driver's side)

Hey everybody, Has anyone dealt with a leak right where the hard line of the power steering line meets the hose section before going to the rack? Last night I noticed a puddle right by the driver's side wheel and then a trail of oil going down the driveway (slope) from when I pulled out, so I...
  12. I

MAF issues

Hey all, so last April I replaced my MAF, which eliminated my EPC and MAF codes. The car (02 AZG Jetta-gasser) has been sitting and undergoing a bunch of repairs (not engine related) since then and I finally buttoned everything up a week ago, went in for inspection and passed. I have a tiny...
  13. I

Size of nut for outer tie rod?

Good morning all, would anyone happen to know the correct size for the nut from tie rod end to the steering knuckle? I assumed my new one would include it. Old one is toast. Was hoping to head to the hardware store and just pick up a class 10 stainless.
  14. I

How's my gap? (Front Wheel Hub)

It's been a while since I had done this job. I think I pressed the hub on far enough, but can anyone confirm before I button things up? Never mind the barnacles, I'll be giving the knuckle some POR-15 treatment before winter, and I am going to start using Fluid Film finally.
  15. I

Leak from Inner Driveshaft Seal (Passenger's Side)?

While replacing my wheel bearing and hub I noticed the passenger's side Inner Driveshaft wet where it mates with the transmission. Would this be the inner driveshaft seal? Never been changed and I'm at around 180k. Can't really tell the color of the fluid-Looks more like engine oil than...
  16. I

I was missing 2 lug bolts at inspection! ***

So this was pretty crazy. My wagon had been having a strange rattle/knock/pop on the driver's side for a while and it seemed to be getting worse. It's unlike any sound I've heard before in troubleshooting the car. Not really any play in the wheel so I kept driving. Recently, I checked again...
  17. I

B5.5 Rear Subframe Rust-To refresh on the car or go through removal process.

Hey All, tried posting over on Passatworld, but not getting a lot of answers, hoping some 4motion owners here may have been through this: Pretty bummed right now. I had bought this car years back to help my ex-wife, ended up keeping it for reasons I won't get into here, thinking it would be a...
  18. I

Retrofit HID (DDM Tuning) blowing harness fuse.

Hey All, so I've been running this kit for like 10 years in my wagon without issues apart from having to change out the relay and fuse holder as well as fixing some corroded wires. I have one trigger (relay and in-line fuse) for both lights, it's never been a problem. Recently though, the lights...
  19. I

Help identifying door panel related fasteners:

Hey everyone, so after swapping my driver’s side door and changing the window regulator (took forever to align the door-It is still not quite perfect, but it’s good enough for now until I replace my fender. I’m left with these 2 fasteners. The small torx bit is really confusing me as I had it in...
  20. I

Lock cylinder for door handle. Could use some pointers.

Hey All, so after swapping my door and messing up/breaking the screw that adjusts the door lever, the replacement I got did not match with the lock portion, so I had to go back and get the matching lock housing piece (luckily still at the junkyard). It’s obviously not keyed for my handle, so I...