Search results

1. 2

Aftermarket PD Cams going to toffee....

My taught modules are pretty much finished now, so I can start to push things forward. I expect I'll be getting a cam ground up over the next couple of weeks - I just want to pick up my spare one from my warehouse for a good look. I'll take photos of the new one before installation - I need to...
  2. 2

Realistic TDI power output?

I really don't think a cobra and a diesel engine should be put together!!! But if you want to go that way, the GM 6.2 V8 diesel will give you the sound you really need, with the torque to shift the weight! I chucked one in my landrover and it's the closest sounding thing to a petrol V8 I've...
  3. 2

Temp question about outlet

only so they could measure intercooler efficiency and find out if they could improve the design, I guess
  4. 2

Preventing boost creep and limp mode on a tuned PD

ha ha! I was trying to think of something cheap and easily controllable in my drunken state! The best solution would be a turbo upgrade!
  5. 2

I understand that, but this is not meant to be a simple method for more power! You can use a good tune for that! Depending on results, it may be something people could do when they upgrade their injectors or have a belt change. Of course, the power gain may not be worth the cost or effort for...
  6. 2

Pulling the turbo you want pics??

You can use round-headed allen keys, which make the job a lot easier. Means that you can approach the awkward bold heads from an angle, rather than straight on - which is where it is very difficult to access!
  7. 2

Agreed. Ideally something on the basis of an apexi bleed valve Except a lot cheaper!!!
  8. 2

You don't want to put additional pressure on the turbo shaft, so exhaust flow needs to be bled off. Could something as simple as a flap-valve and calibrated spring release the pressure?
  9. 2

Anyone with a FMIC in a Ibiza?

Agreed! I just couldn't find the *G*!
  10. 2

3"? :) :)
  11. 2

Funnily enough, my -1psi was measured against a forge - but ours was a much bigger intercooler and the forge 1 was for petrol, so better design than the diesel ones! So, what size intercooler/induction pipework do I need for +400bhp? :)
  12. 2

I have a cheap chinese bar and plate too! Very good welding, nice shaped end tanks! Flow was only 1psi lower than on a +£600 intercooler!! While you are measuring, Rub, how deep is the core and how big is the pipework? I tried to speak to the delivery company but they were shut - diff. is...
  13. 2

Right! I have a complete result! I now have a supplier, who will deal direct with me.. I am getting a brand new cam made up to spec. Once I've tested it for wear and performance on my engine, I will get a very small batch (probably around 5), made up for limited group testing, if there is...
  14. 2

you're probably right, Rub!
  15. 2

Could well be!
  16. 2

Those lobes would be sintered, if they are from a powder. Porosity would be my initial concern, which inturn affects material properties (just had an exam on that 2 days ago, actually)!
  17. 2

I'm now fairly confident of the direction and processes I'm going to take - just after some prices now. If all goes to plan, these will be brand new performance cams, not based on regrinds. Suitable for engines running standard valves, springs, piston clearances, etc. If this does kick off, it...
  18. 2

You can use a sintering process to produce metal parts from RP, (which are porus, & need infiltrating with bronze), but you can also use RP processes to produce investment casting moulds.
  19. 2

OK, I'm going down a new route. Nitriding was never going to work on our cams! Wrong material. DLC is not compatible either (and is expensive) I've got a couple of routes I can go now - Will keep you updated with my progress Richie
  20. 2

Could you not get a Rapid prototype made up from castform (etc) and just get a cam made for proof of concept? I'm just waiting to hear back from my DLC contact before I send a PD cam off for it's new profile.