Search results

1. J

6 disk changer for new model VWs

Have a 6 disk changer, 2.5 years old and still works fine. Have brackets to mount into A4 Jetta. This will fit into any A4 or B5. It also was mounted for the last 2 years into a 1999 Cabrio that we just returned at end of lease so it will work in a lot of different vehicles. Goes to highest...
  2. J

Used Car Warranty

In the US warranties are protected even if you do the service yourself, just keep recods, but in the UK? Don't know?
  3. J

2004 EPA standards..

The US CAN'T creat a regulation that would make a current vehicle "useless". Your car COULD be tested to the emission standards under which your car was asked to meet at the time it was manufactured.
  4. J

Syn Diesel Oil Black as pitch???

The dealer is wrong in that fresh diesel oil out of the bottle is amber just like any motor oil. However it does turn black real quick.
  5. J

Black Leather Armrest

Brand New Black Leather Armrest for A4s, Beetles, Jetta, and Golfs. E-mail me with your offers.
  6. J

2 Gallons Cat oil for sale

I have 2 unopened gallons of Cat oil. Will sell for Best Offer. Prefer someone local--Connecticut--(No shipping)
  7. J

Oil filter change on new TDI

I believe that the general consensus is that you can go 10,000 miles between filter/oil changes but if you go further w/the oil then a change of filter at 7500 or 10k is warranted, especially if you are attempting to go 15K-20k with your oil. All this presupposes the use of an excellent diesel...
  8. J

Vag-Com and Bentley CD

$200 bucks for both including shiping. Used only a couple of times! JeffT
  9. J

MAF, voltage and warranty info?

In Mass, at least according to my 2000 Model Year Warranty booklet, your MAF should be covered for 3 years, 50,000 miles on a defective MAF. In my booklet its on Page 21: "...including any defect which would cause the vehicle's on-board malfunction indicator to illuminate, for 3 years or...
  10. J

2000 Jetta GL TDI

Do to some changes with my job I now need a wagon or truck/SUV. Anyway I have decided to sell my TDI. Its a Uniblack 2000 Jetta TDI with 58,000 miles on it (all highway). Its been treated to only Delvac-1 since 10K. It has an indash CD player. Includes a set of Castellet wheels...
  11. J

EVLOVE

Check out this site: http://www.evlove.com/
  12. J

An Idea

Here's a question/idea for the mechanically gifted, i.e. Valois. How about a quasi-epsolian device. For me (and others if they exist) who don't want to disconnect our EGR devices. How about a small led light, placed in one of the dummy switch panels on the dash that would light everytime...
  13. J

My Delvac-1 Oil Analysis

OK here is my Oil Analysis: Delvac-1 5W-40 with 3 oz of makeup oil, stock oil filter, 10,500 mile on the oil and original, stock oil filter. Oil changed at this test. 54,000 miles on my fully stock 2000 Jetta. My EGR and CCV are intact and as stock. I don't use any additives and I use rotgut...
  14. J

CAT Oil vs. Delvac-1

I changed out my Delvac and used my first fill of CAT oil. I have a single gallon of Delvac that I use for topping off and I noticed that Delvac-1 has a different smell than the CAT oil. Does anyone know what is the real differences between Delvac-1 and CAT oil??
  15. J

Malfunction Indicator light

The only way to tell is to connect it to a Vag-Com. Maybe someone in your area has a vagcom to read the fault? The dealer will charge you $70.
  16. J

Using .158 injectors in an A4 5 speed

Anyone have any thoughts on how downsizing the fuel injectors would effect fuel economy. Obviously the car would take some form of speed performance hit, but if you could get the injectors cheap enough and if it would give 5 to 10 mpg then it could be an objective way to increase fuel economy...
  17. J

MAF Question

This is a question to the general TDI braintrust: Could a restricted airflow situation cause MAF failure?? When I was diagnosing my bad MAF, I discovered that my screen was filthy and clogged. I cleaned it then, but only now remembered it. Just wondering?
  18. J

In Line Fuel Filters to EGR

dparnell, you da man!! Let me know how this works. I've been toying with a simular idea to yours but haven't had the time to play with it yet. Pictures of your setup please!!! Having the clear filter is great to let you know what is up.
  19. J

Totals of different VW models on the road

Well I was driving around today and decided to do a quick survey. I drove 56 miles today and counted total vehicles of various models, to give a snap shot of what CT VW owners drive. Here is what I discovered in order from most to least: New Jetta -- 26 cars A3 Jetta -- 18 cars New Beetle...
  20. J

My car in limp mode??

Ok, today my car was running fine, going about its regular travels to the town halls across CT recording mortgages on the land records. Anyway earlier in the day I thought I noticed some diminished power, but then thought it could be my imagination or maybe I finally got some of Skypup's "bad...