Search results

1. 4

2004 Jetta TDI GLS (5-spd, grey) - Austin Texas

2004 Jetta TDI GLS (5-spd, grey) - Austin Texas - SOLD Sold for $2,850 Selling my TDI, I'm the second owner. It currently has 114,102 miles. Low mileage due to riding my bike to work. No fault codes. Timing belt has been changed Clutch has been replaced Most if not all door lock actuators...
  2. 4

Excessive Cabin Noise even while in Park

Wife cracked the oil pan (we have panzer plates:mad:). This is about the 6th time, so I decided to replace it with the hybrid oil pan. It has a metal bottom. Started the car and it is noisier inside the cabin then outside the car. Super loud and really annoying. Is it possible the hybrid...
  3. 4

Wobbly rotor (front end noise)?

(2005 TDI Wagon) My wife is complaining about a rumbling noise that gets louder the faster you go. It sounds as if it is coming from the driver side front tire area. BTW The tire has just been balanced still same noise. I took the tire off and looked underneath and everything seems fine except...
  4. 4

New in-tank fuel pump, no hmmmmm

2004 Jetta TDI MKIV manual. The car died at a stop sign. My daughter managed to get it started. When I checked on it, I noticed no hmmmm from the fuel pump when starting the car. I thought I knew the problem, the car needed a new fuel pump. After replacing the fuel pump no hmmmm, and the...
  5. 4

Melted battery fuse box leads to no A/C?

Battery fuse box melted and then the A/C went out. I've replaced the fuse box. The A/C compressor engages when I turn on the A/C, fans blow but no cold air. Any ideas how I can fix this problem? Also, the driver side radiator fan is out. It was confirmed working a month ago, not 100% sure...
  6. 4

Austin Area need 3-square driver for oil pan change

I've been to Sears, Harbor Freight, all the major auto part stores and I cannot find a 12 bit (triple square bit) that is the right size. Always they are 3" long and there is not enough space to remove the screws attached to the transmission housing. Does anybody have one I can rent? I know I...
  7. 4

Oil Pan Tool - 12 point driver?

Do you know the size of the 12 point driver for the screws that connect from the transmission to the oil pan? And where I might purchase one? Need to replace cracked oil pan:mad: I have a 2005 Jetta Wagon TDI (old body style)
  8. 4

Should I be worried ?

I just changed the oil myself for the first time on my 2004 Jetta TDI, and the small oil ring on the bottom of the shaft on the oil cap was not there!:confused: Is it possible it fell off inside the engine? I did not notice it at the bottom of the oil filter housing:(
  9. 4

2004 Jetta Oil Pan Removal tools?

I can't get the rachet on the 2 freakin' screws located on the driver side. I read here to use a 1/4 inch drive wobble Ext. bar + 10mm socket. I still can not get it on the nut! The wobble bar I bought is 1.5 inches. Can someone tell me the exact tool I need to get those 2 freakin' screws off?:(
  10. 4

Upcoming trip to Mexico ? diesel fuel

Any concerns about buying diesel in Mexico? Anybody want to share their experiences? Do I have to go to truck stops to get fuel? I have a new fuel filter.