Search results

1. S

coolant temperature sensor location

Bumping up an oldie. I have the same problem can't find the ECT sensor on my daughter's 05 MK4, BEW. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. S

BEW with 18628/p2196 02 sensor too rich

My daughter's 2005 Jetta BEW just had a CEL that cleared and left this turd in the punchbowl, same as OP: 18628 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1 P2196 - 000 - Signal too High (Rich) - Intermittent .. I see a Bosch O2 sensor for $132 at worldimpex. The car makes good power but has driveability...
  3. S

PD fuel lines

Thanks so much for your response, mjydrafter. The pictures will be very helpful.
  4. S

PD fuel lines

The ones from filter to head are 8 mm according to Idparts.com. I'll ask them about lines to FF.
  5. S

PD fuel lines

I need the correct inside and outside diameter. Anybody?
  6. S

PD fuel lines

Those are the one$ I'm trying to avoid. :o
  7. S

PD fuel lines

4 year bump for question about OEM vs Viton Hello fellow members. When I had my ALH Golf I had a TDI guru replace the stock OEM, twisty and kinky fuel lines with straight VITON. These are the lines from firewall to filter and filter to head. They worked normally and I felt a bit better about...
  8. S

Non 505.1 oil on pd (bew)

Thanks for the quick response. I did notice the "OR" in his recommendation. The confusion lied in what looked like a negative suggestion, ie don't change under either circumstance (less than 10-15K miles or 2 years). My mistake. It's a whichever comes first suggestion, which makes sense. :o
  9. S

Non 505.1 oil on pd (bew)

Whoa! My daughter recently got a 2005 BEW. Are you saying if she puts 40,000 miles in 18 months she should still wait for 2 years, pending OA results? Thanks
  10. S

how do I find my Security Access Code

Thanks for your help, Jeff. LOL about the prom night blues. :D
  11. S

how do I find my Security Access Code

My daughter recently bought a 2005 Jetta TDI (BEW) Am I to understand that you can't set Adaptation on the EGR like I did on my 2000 Golf? Also, when I tried to Login with 12233 it said code not accepted.
  12. S

2005 Vw golf tdi automatic w/ rebuilt engine 114k miles

I'm interested. Can you post pix? CL link is broken.
  13. S

2003 Golf TDI 2 dr w/30k mi.

Do you have any pics of interior? Is this car completely sorted?
  14. S

trouble shifting manual transmission into reverse

Thanks wonneber. That's beyond my abilities, was hoping it was confined to cabin. I do appreciate your help.
  15. S

When I take the boot off I can see the spring is very stiff, especially noticeable when releasing out of reverse. Anybody have an idea what downstream from the shifter might cause this? Thanks.
  16. S

That would be fortunate. Both an inside cabin issue and someone that's run into similar symptoms.
  17. S

Actually it shifts OK running or not... EXCEPT reverse. I'm now having to put a lot of downward pressure to engage and upward pressure to disengage. The word "jam" comes to mind.
  18. S

Or all of the above. I know the throw out bearing is shot. I'm not having any stiffness in the other gears. Feels like something is jamming. Thanks for your reply, Bob.
  19. S

Bumping this up... I'm having alarming difficulty getting it into and out of reverse. This has slowly been getting worse. About a year ago I had a Diesegeek first gear getter installed. It takes a real shove now to get shifter to go down to engage reverse. I'd appreciate any feedback.
  20. S

Replacment of Brake Booster Vacuum Hose

Thanks for your reply.