Search results

1. tdileadfoot

Don't mix biodiesel with diesel in your tank.

Biodiesel is slightly heavier than diesel fuel. It might be better to "splash" the B20 on top of the diesel. Or you could load the Biodiesel on top of 1/2 tank. then fill up. That way you could end with a full tank. Also 32oz of B100 on top of 4.75 gallons is B5. If B100 is available you could...
  2. tdileadfoot

Originally Posted by HoneyBeetle "I haven't heard much discussion of the value or benefits of mixing or using bio-fuel by any mixing methods (e.g., fill up once in a while, pre-mix or use small quantities per tank of fuel). What would the benefits be and can you put a value on them? Also, what...
  3. tdileadfoot

Most Biodiesel sold at the pump is ULSD with B100 added (B5 = 5% B100) IF you go to the link I posted you will see test results that prove when B100 is added to ULSD at a ratio of 2% (B2) lubricity improved significantly. Using B100 as an additive (2% B100) results in less wear on fuel...
  4. tdileadfoot

Please Help: Rear Brake Caliper Carrier Bolt Question

Replacing rear rotors on A5 jetta Called 9VW dealers in Pittsburgh and surrounding area (35 miles) Not one parts dept ever stocked the carrier bolts. Called one back to see if bolts came with OEM rotors. Parts guy says they replace rotors all the time - plenty in stock - techs never replace...
  5. tdileadfoot

biodiesel is a little heavier than d2 and would mix better if "splashed" on top. see link below page 16,17,18,19 http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/mining/topics/diesel/elkoworkshop0607/4b-Campbell.pdf
  6. tdileadfoot

biodiesel lubricity It is not assumed that biodiesel improves lubrucity. This has been proven by independent testing. Biodiesel is the most effective additive for lubricity see link below http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177728
  7. tdileadfoot

BRM PD engine longevity?

111,090 miles on the 2006 Jetta BRM engine DSG trans Mobil 1 Esp - UOA shows very good numbers
  8. tdileadfoot

Any BRM's make it past the 100K mile mark?

111,090 miles on the 2006 Jetta BRM engine DSG trans elf 507 switched to Mobil 1 esp (507) All UOA show very good numbers
  9. tdileadfoot

Hissing noise at lower speed

I had an occasional hissing noise - turned out to be leaking power brake booster. Dave
  10. tdileadfoot

Little Pittsburgh Clan

Hello WVU TDI I live in Pittsburgh and teach at WVU 2 days a week. Have vagcom with CAN bus. do a lot of my own work Let me know if I can help Dave
  11. tdileadfoot

Little Pittsburgh Clan

I have vagcom. Used to live in imperial. (1978-86) live in south hills now. can try to help with your issue
  12. tdileadfoot

Premium Diesel??

They will not have a market till they offer the car here. Fuel prices are creating the market. Toyota has cultivated the market for their Prius with a good warranty, a high tech car, and fuel economy. There is a lesson here. The US automakers do not give the public enough credit. The economy...
  13. tdileadfoot

Premium Diesel??

Thanks for the Info Thanks for the info My car seems to run a little better on the fuel. It is priced a little higher but not much. (around 10 cents) The station does have a sign out front that says "Premium Diesel" and a sticker on the pump advertising "Amoco Premier". I was hoping...
  14. tdileadfoot

diesels and heaters.. let me get the story straight

Engine oil heater Installed a Wolverine Oil Heater. If installed correctly, these will not come off the oil pan. If left on overnight, the engine is warm, not just the oil. Also there is less engine wear on startup with warm oil. The 9.1 fits a BRM oilpan. only 125 watts. Dave...
  15. tdileadfoot

Premium Diesel??

Fueled today at a BP station that advertised "Premium Diesel" (Amoco Premier Diesel) There is a video on this site that shows BP premium as being clear in color. The fuel I bought today is yellow in color as viewed in a 3oz clear bottle. It does not appear to be the same fuel as in the...
  16. tdileadfoot

Looking for help with Timeing belt change

Hello everyone Would like to hire someone to help me with upcoming Timing Belt Change on A5 Jetta (BRM) Does anyone know someone who can (and will) do this? Would prefer Pittsburgh Pa area but will travel do get the job done correctly. Thanks
  17. tdileadfoot

Elf Solaris LLX (507) & Total Quartz Ineo (507)

Hello everyone I am using ELF Solaris LLX (507) I need to buy more oil. World Impex has ELF Solaris LLX 5W30 for $9.70 & Total Quartz Ineo 5W30 (507) for $8.50. I have read on this forum that these oils are the exact same product marketed under different brand names. Does anyone know a...
  18. tdileadfoot

TDI UOA Database

First UOA Posts Date: 10/28/09 Engine Code: BRM Miles/oil: 7211 Miles/unit: 110452 Oil Type: Mobil 1 ESP 507 Fe Iron: 27 Cr Chromium: 1 Al Aluminum: 4 Cu Copper: 2 Pb Lead: 2 Sn Tin: 1 Ni Nickel: 1 Mn Manganese: 0 By-Pass: Yes Top off Oil: None Switched to Mobil 1 ESP VW 507 Date...
  19. tdileadfoot

Diesel/Gasoline Price Spread Increase

A friend of mine I work with makes bio. Diesel at Marshalls Shell (Pittsburgh north side) was 4.43 today (3/12)
  20. tdileadfoot

Diesel up $.10 over night. Why doesn't RUG change?

Shell Diesel was 4.43 gal today in Pittsburgh 3/12/08