Search results

1. PB_NB

To Part or Leave Whole??

I have listed my New Beetle for sale about a month ago. The car has had a bunch of improvements made and in an effort to capture some of that investment, we have listed it at $11k CDN or about $8k USD. This does seem like a misprint to many as you could by one of these for about $3k. in running...
  2. PB_NB

It's time to move the New Beetle to a new home

We are selling the Beetle after many years of enjoyment and tinkering. This site has been invaluable to me with the knowledge and help I have received along the way. Here is my local Craigslist posting: Note that the price is reflective of the recent engine, suspension and brake upgrades...
  3. PB_NB

New 2018 e-golf! Yes or No!

So recently we have been looking at EV's to replace our daily work vehicle. We looked at the BMW, Kia, Chevy, Nissan and VW EV's. We drive about 100 kms per day and our Honda Element is burning lots of gas and getting a bit old and rough. We looked at a smaller vehicle that could handle some...
  4. PB_NB

MK5 GTI Headlights - Pair - Complete $500 CDN

Up for sale is a set of MK5 Headlights off our 2007 GTI. Just over 112k on the car so lights are in great condition. These should fit in GLI's directly and any other MK5 Jetta, Golf or Rabbit with some wiring work. These would be a great upgrade to the regular housings. Only issue we had with...
  5. PB_NB

2002 Golf IP Timing Question

Tried to adjust the IP pump timing on fellow TDiclub'r Munly who has a 2002 ALH. VCDS said that the timing was retarded at a value of 38 using the TDI timing graph in the latest VCDS app. Adjusted the pump by loosening the 3 bolts on the gear and turning the pump clockwise. Went back and...
  6. PB_NB

How to verify TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) on ALH

Hi, I am wondering if there is a method of calibrating or at least verifying that the TPS is working from 0 to 100%. Now that I have had my ECU straightened out, I am looking to make sure that I have the WOT position available. I looked at Ross-tech but most of the procedures are for gas...
  7. PB_NB

Can I put an AHU ECU in a MK4 ALH car?

I recently had a Stage 4 tune installed in my car. 1999 ALH New Beetle. The car has tons of power but isn't the smoothest with a low speed miss and high rpm stumble. I have a CEL for my EGR system, but my original ECU had EGR delete programmed into it. So since my upgrades I have been working...
  8. PB_NB

Wanted - Hex-USB-Can Ross-tech Cable

I am looking for a replacement cable as mine has disappeared. I have a 1999.5 NB ALH so other cables might work as well. I am in Vancouver, B.C. PM me with what you have... Thanks, PB
  9. PB_NB

TDI Mod's and the effects on "Aircare" requirements

As I push forward with more mods, I am getting closer to the question of Emissions Testing. Here in British Columbia and more so in Greater Vancouver, we have a requirement to have regular testing done and the positive results allow us to re-insure our vehicles. If they fail, we have to spend...
  10. PB_NB

Diesel Power Tuning Box

Since I have owned the 99.5 NB I have been on the fence with the TDI movement. I have always been a gasser. The car has had a few problems which I have been working through. The power has been average at best. Mileage is slightly better than the GTI. So I decided to spice things up and do some...