Search results

1. P

Jetta IV vs. Jetta VI rear suspension stuff ...

Hi Club, We were doing some experiments with the new VI rear suspension, which required some schematics for calculating dynamic camber and toe changes, so I thought some here would be interested to see the general (visible) difference at least. This is very quick and dirty, low quality and...
  2. P

SFBA - July 2007 - "Meet the Junior" GTG (Robot Passat TDI)

Remember we met "Stanly" and Sebastian more than two years ago? Let's try to meet now the "Junior": The precise date is not clear yet, but it will be a Satruday in July. Will update as we have more info. The idea is to have a GTG in Stanford University and meet the Passat Wagon TDI...
  3. P

SFBA GTG - Los Altos - September 17, 2006

Hi folks... 2005 had been very slow (Gathering-wise), but let’s try to meet at least once for the year. When: September 17-th (Saturday) 2005, perhaps around 9-10 am. Where: 3460 Hillview Avenue, Palo Alto, CA Who: Everyone is welcome! Bring your wife, your kids, your friends. You do not...
  4. P

Preparing for his first Rally .....

Forum member preparing for his first Rally, LOL! Jump!(video) Here is extract from the short movie: Jon, what do you say? Is he good?
  5. P

Portland TDIers - Please Welcome a NorCal TDI girl

She is with screen name of "Mariposa" and recently moved from Nor Cal to Portland. Marcia is a fantastic young lady, great to hang with, so please welcome her to your glorious Portland TDI community! It is sad that we lost her, but good for you guys to have her now You all enjoy great times...
  6. P

Timing Belt GTG - 21,22 & 23 January 2005 (Ukiah)

Pete will do Timing Belts for a long weekend (From 21 January – Friday to 23 January Sunday). Most probably he will be doing TB for Steve’s cars on Friday and do the TB for the rest on Saturday and if can’t make it in time – then Sunday. Please, respond here if interested. Will update the post...
  7. P

Denver to San Francisco (I-70 &Hwy-50) in one day!

Left Denver 5,30 am and at 10.00 pm put the front wheel on the Bay Bridge! One stop for fuel..... and one stop for taking a picture of the car The loneliest trip in my life so far. If anyone wants to be "Me, myself and I" for hours and hours while cruising, seeing one car every two hours or so...
  8. P

What is must-see in Vancouver and the area?

Planning on visiting Vancouver and the area around the year's end holidays. Was wondering if anyone from the members who live there would suggest some must-see places, etc. A basic what-to-do from the local people…..Thanks in advance and perhaps we can even meet if anyone has desire!
  9. P

SFBA - 29 January 2005 - "Meet the Touareg R5 TDI"

SFBA - 29 January 2005 - \"Meet the Touareg R5 TDI\" The meeting would happen on 29-th January 2005, but the hosts would like to reserve the rights to change the date anytime in case they have to be out of town for business on that precise date. To make the long story short – There is this...
  10. P

SFBA GTG - 25 September 2004

Hello Bay Area … and not only! We keep going with the small In-N-Out weekly meetings, but we have not have a big GTG for quiet some time now…. Shall we try to make one bigger and longer, let’s say on a Saturday, let’s say on a big parking lot, with lots of places to eat around? We can even do...
  11. P

South & Central Euro Members - Want to meet us?

Hola! Here is the plan so far: A car-tour around France, Spain, Portugal, Italy Switzerland, Germany, Benelux and UK ...... between 1-st and 20-th October. At certain points of the trip, several Club members will join. The Italian part will be visiting couple of chip tuners and couple of GTG...
  12. P

West Coasters going to the Fest?

Anyone planning on driving there? Wanna caravan? Or at least someone from Nevada, Utah, Wyoming? ....
  13. P

BMW 120 d .....

14. P

Timing Belt GTG for SFBA - July 10.....

Updated Post:The TB GTG will be on Saturday (July 10-th) hosted by Steve at his shop in Ukiah ( click here for map ) and the following people (so far) would be serviced: 1. Howler – Timing Belt Change 2. Jolene – AT fluid change 3. Gary P. - Pump Swap Would be great if all interested in...
  15. P

Performance Folks - TDI Rally Team needs our help!

This is a cross-post from the Motor Sport Section, but almost nobody goes there, so I thought it would be more visible here. Guys.... Spoke to Jon Hamilton several times for the last two days and it looks like his situation is not really so bright. I would let him one day explain what is...
  16. P

Timing Belt GTG for SFBA......May 1-st and/or 2-nd

Here is the plan: 1-st May (Saturday) - The TB GTG will be hosted by Ray at Dynolabs (click here for address) and the following people (so far) would be having Timing Belt changed by Pete: 1. Shawn (Pcar966) 2. Jim (Tiger6A) 3. Daniel (SF_USA_TDI) 3.1. Norman (for tensioner only) Would be...
  17. P

Finally Blew My Turbo ..........

UBB3-ML-703444-ML-
  18. P

Finally Blew My Turbo ..........

April 1-st
  19. P

Color Scheme for the 2005 TDI Rally Golf .......

Anyone interested in doing some color studies, some sketching and Photoshop for the new 2005 Rally Golf look? Let me know in time, post ideas, thoughts, so we do not need to rush and do some better work for this outstanding representative of the TDI Club in the Pro Rally! Let's get started! Feel...
  20. P

ALH to ASV conversion - Power Mod by itself?

I read here and there that the ASV Euro ECU is quiet different than our ALH ECU, there is more timing advance, more fueling, more turbo pressure, etc..... The question is, has anyone tried both programs with NO other mod and is there a gain in anything quantifiably for just converting ALH to...