Search results

1. D

Looking for Lift pump ring removal tool

I replaced my lift pump yesterday and I buggered up the ring getting if off and back on. I was thinking of replacing it. I can get a new one for $17 but I'd rather just have the proper tool to install it. Does anyone know where I can get one and how much they are? I asked the dealer, and they...
  2. D

I want to upgrade my stereo - 04 Jetta

Hi folks, I have an '04 Jetta TDI with the standard single CD/cassette AM/FM stereo. I hate it. I'm tired of not being able to hook up my ipod. If there's an AUX on my existing stereo, I can't find it. There doesn't seem to be much out there that fits the shape of the original. What have...
  3. D

CEL after rough shutdown

My 04 Jetta TDI has had some engine vibrations that seemed to start around 1500 rpm and flatten out above 2000 rpm. It was like that most of the summer. All else was fine. Yesterday, when I shut down, the engine got rocked hard, and now I have a CEL. I don't have a vagcom. Does anyone near...
  4. D

'04 PD brakes replaced - without the special tool

I recently had my brakes replaced, front and back, by a local mechanic. He does not normally work on VWs. I just found out that there's a special too required that I'm sure he didn't use. So basically, what are the potential problems and how much is it going to cost me? Thanks.
  5. D

TDIHeater: looking for help to install in Philly PA area

Hi folks. This may not be the time of year you'd expect someone to be installing a TDIHeater, but I want to get one on before next winter. I just ordered it. I'm looking for someone who may have done this before who is willing to help. I'm near Lansdale, about 15 mi NW of Philly. I don't expect...