Search results

1. E

Average time to swap a manual in a B5 tdi

talk to vwztips, he has done the 01X swap and made a transmission bracket.
  2. E

Trans Issue

i replaced the TC at 143000 and still driving at 2040000
  3. E

cleaning house, good stuff FS!

yes, PM me with price and shipping costs details.
  4. E

cleaning house, good stuff FS!

im interested in driver's grey letharette seat cover. chicago
  5. E

South Bend/Whitbread clutch

let me know if your son ever decides to sell that not cool wagon with the 01X 6 speed. And any interests in putting one in mine?
  6. E

Diagnose A/C with Vagcom?

there is a a relay 384 that you should replace too.
  7. E

2005 Jetta Wagon revised

LOL. GL with sale and lowering price on that. not a fan of rust.
  8. E

2004 manual tune recommendations

Question. if a wagon has tune from another company, can one get a malone tune later?
  9. E

Parting out 2005 vw passat wagon TDI

egr cooler. upper and lower timing belt cover
  10. E

Strange resonance

I had the balance shaft upgrade, geared done 14 years ago.
  11. E

Strange resonance

on smooth road, I notice a resonance and cabin vibration at 1400 RPM. could be fourth or fifth gear. If i hold the speed/rpm its there. If i go in to neutral of speed up or slow down, it goes away. Any ideas? I did have the front suspension refreshed this year. no vibration in gear at stop...
  12. E

Excessive white smoke at start up for around a minute accompanied by RPM play.

i dont know. I believe light grey. i see it at night when headlights behind me. during the day, its a light puff if i downshift and shift up again. it much better than before.
  13. E

Excessive white smoke at start up for around a minute accompanied by RPM play.

I had white smoke at start up, embarrassing. I was down to 5 miles left on the tank. I did a fuel filter change and put a can of Liquid Moly diesel purge in the filter and another can in the fuel tank. drove it around for about five miles and refueled. No white smoke at start up. Still smokes...
  14. E

Parting out 2005 vw passat wagon TDI

how about. front grill with VW emblem? also Can i get four injectors? mail to Chicago
  15. E

SOLD - FS - 2005 Passat Wagon Manual $4200 (Chicago Area)

can i come by and test drive it some time?
  16. E

2010 Tiguan TDI 4motion 6 speed manual FS in Florida

service history of the 4 motion? any codes with the transmission with VCDS?
  17. E

B5 manual swap in Midwest

nix. where did you get the swap done? Im in chicago too.
  18. E

Random car alarm. VCDS

1. VCDS shows address 56 , 1 fault, Radio 0336, company data bus for comfort system 49-10 intermittent no communication 2. I looked at the last four sources of the alarm to r/o other sources, ex door latch, and i get code 32 which means interior monitor. 3. where do i look? CCM? which wires go...