Search results

1. DwightC

Im new... Ive searched.. Im lost

I stand corrected. YES. Mine does that, too. heheeh. It does shudder, but not ALL the time. I guess I had gotten so used to it and learned to go thru that area quickly. Actually, I notice it the most when the AC is on, from a dead stop and slightly up hill. That is when mine is the worst. :)
  2. DwightC

Im new... Ive searched.. Im lost

I have an '03 Golf 5 speed and I haven't felt that (yet) in my clutch. It now has 100,400 miles on it. TB changed by Glen T (Sedalia, MO) last friday.
  3. DwightC

Your information is useless!!

peterdaniel: You still have time to redeem yourself. I believe you owe all of us here an apology! These good folk will prolly forgive you, if you request it.
  4. DwightC

Release date of new Jetta SportWagen TDI?

Gee, I finalized my purchase for almost the opposite reasons: 1. Perfect size for my family 2. Color and other options are exactly what I wanted, pana s/r, airbags, etc 3. NOT a cheap interior! Go look at a Civic. Now THATS a cheap interior! 4. Mine's coming in this year. Close enough for me. I...
  5. DwightC

2009 TDI eligible for $1300 tax credit!

Thanks! I shoulda done that meself, mate....:) dang those lazy fingers!
  6. DwightC

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I read that thread, http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=220136&page=7 and I didn't find anything. I shoulda kept reading until the 7th page:D . Gee, that seems like a GREAT deal to me!!! Oh, I got to tell someone this! I have a Sportwagen TDI on order...
  7. DwightC

2009 TDI eligible for $1300 tax credit!

Could someone please explain what a federal tax credit means? Is it $1300 off of my taxable income or $1300 off my tax liability to the IRS after Ive itemized?
  8. DwightC

Nickofan: Pardon my ignorance, but what does that really mean? Is the 1300 tax credit a reduction of taxable income ? Would that mean if Im in the 28% tax bracket, do I save just $364 right off my tax liability? .... 1300 x 0.28=364 Or would I subtract 1300 off my tax liability directly...
  9. DwightC

Heres why I won't buy an '09

I ordered my Jetta SW today. It is MSRP only. No added markup. And I put no money down. He showed me the pre-order he filled out. The salesman said there is no time line for delilvery, so he wouldn't take any money down. It remains to be seen if this whole deal works out. I'll wait and see.:)
  10. DwightC

What did you do to your car today?

I installed a new 12vdc accessory socket in front of the shifter knob. Gee, that was a stinker to get out. Took a couple of hours. Whew. Anyway, I detailed my car, inside and out. A couple other piddly things, three new wipers, a new center arm rest latch.....THEN.....I installed my new portable...
  11. DwightC

Can I use B5 Biodisel ?

Ive been using B5 in my 2003 Golf with no problems at all for the last 20k miles. I am using B5 for the lubricity reason that was mentioned earlier in this thread.
  12. DwightC

alignment woes

I had my 03 Golf, 5 sp aligned 6 months ago and here are my front end values: Frnt left..... as found......... after aligned camber -0.7 in tol......... -0.8 in tol caster 7.3 in tol............ 7.1 in tol toe 0.28 out tol........ -0.02 in tol Frnt right.....as found.......... after aligned...
  13. DwightC

alignment woes

You really need a different alignment shop. It took me FIVE alignment places before I was satisfied with the expertise. I quizzed them all before I let them touch my Golf. Anyway, I finally found an excellent shop and he knew exactly what to do. My rear wheels were in VW spec, but not perfect...
  14. DwightC

was 46mpg; now 38mpg

Not uncommon for new tires to give a drop in mpg readings. Ive heard that most new tires take about 500 miles to break in.
  15. DwightC

Alignment: how much out of spec is OK?

Watching this post with interest. My fronts are ok, it is both of my back tires that are starting to feather. Is there a cure for slight feathering of the rear tires?
  16. DwightC

What is the wheeze sound between shifts?

Kind of a neat sound, isn't it? It'll make ya smile a bit, too, won't it? :)
  17. DwightC

One tire is feathering, other three fine. Help!

Yesterday, I took the car to the local tire shop and they checked under the car for broken/bent/bad stut/shocks. THey found everthing underneath the car ok, but feathering on both tires, not just one. But they told me since it was a german car, I should expect some funky wear due to the...
  18. DwightC

Iowa TDI GTG Interest?

I live in kansas. Can I come? My daughter attends Wartburg College, Waverly, IA, near Cedar Falls....it'll give me another excuse to drive up and visit.:)
  19. DwightC

My FIRST tdi, 2003 golf tdi 4dr 5spd

Sweet Ride! Love my Golf. THere's some cool mods you can do. Ventectomy is fun and takes just a few minutes. Also, the 5 light brake mod is cool, too. Lights up the whole rear end! Enjoy you new wheels!
  20. DwightC

Block heater plug in grill assembly

I made a plug for my older golf, using this thread. Cool mod. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=117822&highlight=Marinco