Search results

1. C

CKRA Post Rebuild....Strange Issue

The short story here is I misaligned the valve cover gasket and it was blow-by that was coming off the warmed up engine. Along the way I found the support bracket for the intake/intercooler was missing (not included with the car) and I know why! Twice the assembly time putting the intake back...
  2. C

CKRA Post Rebuild....Strange Issue

Went out on the maiden voyage after a overhaul and at the end of the 6 mile ride it was in limp mode and there is some sort of blow-by coming out of the area around the # 2 and 3 glow plugs, it is like a fan exit with a smoky or oily vapor coming out, I thought one of the glows plugs loosened...
  3. C

CKRA to CVCA Swap

I'm getting there...broke a bolt tightening down the fuel injectors yesterday, my own fault as is was used more than once. I had the dealer run the service history on this car and the motor was replaced in 2020, 60k mile ago. I had a hunch it was a newer motor when I saw 2020 dates on the head...
  4. C

CKRA to CVCA Swap

I gave up on this project and I'm in the process of rebuilding the CKRA that was in the car. What a beast that motor was to tear down! I had the shifter and clutch pedal installed for the swap and went back to the salvage yard to get some body harness wires but they harvested for scrap all...
  5. C

Glow Plug Won't Remove

Is the Muller-Werkzeug your go-to tool for this job? Guess I've been lucky, 25 years of working on diesels and this is the first time breaking a glow plug.
  6. C

Glow Plug Won't Remove

I have a CVCA code engine and one of the glow plugs just spun and didn't remove, reverse direction and it also spins. I think the glow plug base is still in the head. The glow plugs look to be a pressed together assembly and look different to what was used in earlier engine codes. Anyone have...
  7. C

FS CP3 Pump Conversion New SOLD

link for photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/5c1ozuH6RyqMFhUp8
  8. C

FS CKRA Part Out Sold

Administrator please delete.
  9. C

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bZno3pvY4ugCLm5D7 Inserting photos in a thread is not working, is there a instruction somewhere? Search turned up nothing.
  10. C

FS Cylinder Head CJAA 37K Miles $400 SOLD

This head was in a flood car that I restored 10 years ago, used the injectors last year in another project and they are working fine. No fuel system components, head with cams and valves. PM me if you are interested or wan to see photos.
  11. C

FS CKRA Part Out Sold

New timing belt kit purchased from FPC Euro, water pump, tensioner ect...5 miles on motor since installed - $150. HPFP prior owner said it was replaced, looks new $100 PM if interested.
  12. C

New rebuilt CP3 R70 HPFP fuel pump and fitting kit for 2.0TDI CR engines CJAA CBEA CBAB CAGA Motors. I purchased this for a project 6 months from Darwen Diesel and decided to swap the motor instead. $750 plus shipping. PM me if interested or further questions
  13. C

CKRA to CVCA Swap

I have a 2013 Passat that needs a motor and I have found a CVCA motor with manual transmission ( and all parts for a auto to manual swap) for almost the same money as a replacement CKRA motor. To me this seems like a no brainer swap as I would love to get back to a manual transmission and from...
  14. C

Compression Tests Results... Low

I picked up a Project 2013 Passat TDI, supposed contaminated fuel with DEF or gasoline, none runner. Surprisingly it has new HP injection pump, fuel rail, Injectors. I drained 8 gallons of fuel from the tank, cleaned what little contamination that was on the bottom of the tank and filter...
  15. C

13 Passat TDI CKRA Ticking Sound

Ha got it! I pulled a blank on that, even did a sight wide search with nothing. Thanks
  16. C

13 Passat TDI CKRA Ticking Sound

Steller did you ever get to the bottom of the ticking? VWFIXER what is a DMF? My 13 Passat is making a similar sound. Thanks
  17. C

2.0 CR Engine 37K Miles $500

This was removed from a 2010 JSW flood car (SS Sandy), water made it to the top of exhaust manifold, was a DSG . No water in oil, turns over with a socket. I've never had it running, the starter and turbo were seized. Thought I would fine a project to use it in or keep for a backup for my...
  18. PXL_20210131_165651789[1].jpg

PXL_20210131_165651789[1].jpg

19. PXL_20210131_165651789[1].jpg

PXL_20210131_165651789[1].jpg