Search results

1. D

Parting out 2000 tdi.

The rod bearings are bad, but everything else is good. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. D

Has anyone used this Intercooler system?

I'm replacing my intercooler and piping. This kit seems like a reasonable option for fixing my boost leak issue. Has anyone used them lately or at all? http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/upgraded-side-mount-intercooler-kit-for-1-9-td-ve-90-110-pd100-pd115.html
  3. D

On cold startup, car blows black soot pellets

I'm trying to figure what causes these black pellets to shoot out the exhaust on cold startup only.https://vimeo.com/159702368 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. D

Help me find my boost leak please!

Here is a little background info. 4 months ago I put in a vnt 17 turbo, pp764 nozzles, 3 bar map sensor. I had a boost leak not knowing I needed a gasket for the 3 bar map sensor that is bolted to the intercooler. When I found out it was suppose to be there, I made a gasket and bingo I made...
  5. D

For Sale Kerma obd2 Tuner

I have a Kerma obd2 box for sale. I have no need for it anymore, so make an offer and it's your's! Thanks Jason
  6. D

Vnt 17 won't make more then 21 psi on a 24 psi tune?

I have been trying to track down a low boost issue since I installed the turbo. My tune is set for 24 psi. I have replaced the battery, alternator and harness, glow plugs and harness, mass air meter, intercooler. I replaced the a/c fans and put in new vacuum lines. swapped out the n75 with the...
  7. D

Wtb mass air meter for 2000 jetta

Hi, I'm looking for a maf sensor for my 2000 jetta. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. D

Would you buy this fan assy?

I need a new fan and saw this while looking for one, has anyone bought this or heard of this brand before? Just wondering of it's worth it over spending 75.00 on just a driver side fan from eBay or any other place I have looked for them...
  9. D

Raising iq timing to lower get temps?

Raising iq timing to lower egt temps? I installed my egt sensor today and went for a drive. I can peg 1600F (where my gauge stops) when at wot in 3rd, 4th or 5th gear within a few seconds. I did a search and one way is to raise the iq timing to bring it back down to a safe level. What temp...
  10. D

VNT 17 only seeing 2088 mbar's?

I installed my vnt17, pp764, 3 bar map sensor and I went out and data logged engine speed and actual boost with a vcds. 2088 mbar's converts to 15 psi roughly. I thought the vnt 17 was suppose to be at 26 psi from factory. 15 psi seems low and the car isn't really fast. What have you guys seen...
  11. D

Plastic coolant hose in front of motor leaks

What is this part called and how does it attach to the block? I pushed it in and the leak slowed , but i don't see how it should attaches to the block . Thanks Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. D

So I grenade my VNT 15, what turbo to buy next?

I split the vnt 15 turbo in half today, destroyed the compressor wheel and sheared the turbo in two. So now I need a new turbo, I don't want to spend over a grand on turbo, so what are my options? I was thinking of getting a vnt 17 and do a direct swap or is there another turbo that will do well...
  13. D

Fuel tank capacity 2015 jetta?

Does anyone know the capacity of the tank? the blogs show the tdi 14.5 capacity or anywhere else I've looked. I came close to 15 gal tonight and the tank wasn't empty.
  14. D

Engine code P3130 exhaust gas not functioing?

I'm out of town and was wondering if it's worth fixing tonight. Thanks
  15. D

Here is a video of my 2000 tdi with 3" exhaust.

I've had some members ask for a video of my 3" exhaust, so here is a quick clip of what it sounds like and a pic of me building it. http://vimeo.com/101852570
  16. D

Thinking about buying a 2005 TDI, have questions

Hi, I found a 2005 TDI for sale. It has a Malone stage 1 chip and looks to be in good condition overall, is there anything I should worry about with this year, I've owned a 2000 tdi jetta and beetle , but nothing newer? The timing belt and water pump was recently replaced, it also has 215,000...
  17. D

F/S 4- VW rims for 2000-2004 beetles and jetta's

I'm selling 4- wheels and tires for $400.00 Thanks Jason
  18. D

Like new ScanGauge 2 F/S

I have a barely used scanguage 2 that I used a few times before I sold my jetta. I have everything for it including the box! $105.00 shipped Thanks Jason
  19. D

I got a new best today!

Since gas prices are on there way up I decided to fill up at a half tank and I used 9.683 gallons for 550.9 miles. 57 mpg is the best I've done. I had 3 consecutive tanks in the past at 55 mpg.Someday I hope to get 60 mpg..
  20. D

Would you do an oil analysis in my case?

I bought my Jetta from my sis with 132,000 miles. The place that did her oil changes were using shell oil in the tdi. When I got the the car I did an oil change and used Mboil 1 delvec oil. My next oil change is going to be Rotella, which I plan to use for the rest of my engines lifespan. Do you...