Search results

1. A

Coolant Loss, Stranded in LA

I'm an doing some work in LA but I live in the Bay Area. On the drive down I5 the car was fine but when I hit the grape vine it over heated. I pulled off to the side and let it idle to cool down enough to make it to the next rest stop. When I got there, the coolant was HOT! I only un-threaded...
  2. A

Seat Airbag Questions - Interior Swap

I swapped out my interior years ago, going from a grey cloth to a full black faux leather. The donor car was another Jetta, not sure what year as the yard pulled the parts for me. When I went to plug in the seats airbag wiring harness to the car, I encountered a different pin layout. It's been a...
  3. A

Master Cylinder Recommendations

I'm starting to get a soft brake peddle, especially when it is very hot outside. Most of the time there isn't a problem but everyone now and then the peddle will go all the way to the floor and I'll get maybe 50% of the usual stopping power. The wife has put her foot down and said no more...
  4. A

Needed: ECU Readiness Bit Set Script

I have been battling a Check Engine light for Glow Plug wires for the past several days (years actually...). I have gone through the Glow Plug 101 faq but could not find anything wrong obviously wrong. I am guessing my GP harness is probably at fault on this. I can get the CE light to go off for...
  5. A

WTB Black Center Console

I did a grey cloth to black leather conversion a few months ago. The junk yard dealer fell through on having the centre console. If you have a complete black centre console available that you would like to sell please send me a message.
  6. A

Preparing for big swap, what do I need to know?

A few weeks ago I was having issues with getting my TDI to start. The prognosis was a slipped timing belt. Since I was already in for a timing belt and I needed to replace my fuel pump as well since it sounded like an idling semi truck I decided to go for broke... So I hauled the TDI over to...
  7. A

What do these wires go to? (pic)

I bought my 2001 Jetta about 3 years ago from some guy in Reno Nevada. The day after I bought the car it would not start so I had the car towed to a place in Las Vegas called Wolf Automotive. As many of of the other Vegas TDI owners can attest to Wolf has mixed reviews on how he does things. In...
  8. A

Looking for a good writeup on PW conversion...

My 01 Jetta has manual windows and I have been suffering with the Las Vegas heat all summer long. I want to convert my windows to power windows and I have found plenty of kits and such to do so. However, I haven't been able to find any good write-ups or even reviews of these kits that are...
  9. A

How Long Do I Have (Fuel Injector Pump)

My fuel injector pump has been extremely loud ever since I bought the car last year. I'm not sure how long it's been this way since the previous owner didn't say anything (I didn't ask since it sounded like all of the other non TDI diesel's I've been around before). If I had to describe what it...
  10. A

What type of Oil Filter to use and where to get?

My 2001 Jetta is in desperate need of an oil change but I'm having some problems finding the right oil filter. I've been reading up in the faqs and the threads but I haven't been able to find a thread or faq regarding suggested oil filters. Locally (here in Las Vegas) I have Autozone and a...
  11. A

Are Cruise Control and Glow Plugs related?

I know this may seem an odd combination but this weekend as I was driving from Las Vegas to Mammoth, California my 2001 Jetta both of these went out on me during my trip. It started with the glow plug light flashing at me as I was doing some very steep twisting turns and using the engine to do...
  12. A

12v Power in Trunk, Need help...

I'm installing my GPS/MP3 System into my 2001 Jetta TDI GL. I was able to fabricate a mounting bracket that will allow the computer to sit where the cd-changer would normally go. I was all set except for one little problem. I can't figure out where to get my power from. The 12v accessory adapter...
  13. A

Has anyone seen this power window kit before?

I just got a 2001 Jetta TDI and unfortunatly it does not have power windows. I have done a lot of searching these through these thread and have found only a few threads regarding the conversion and those threads tend to not be very positive. Most people responding to the thread usually asked why...
  14. A

Is this price too high?

Hi all, hope to be a Jetta owner soon, hoping I can get some assitance from a deal I'm looking at. I'm looking at a 98 Jetta TDI 5spd with 120K on it. It's located in Nevada and it is through a used car dealer. He wants $6,995 for the car. I'm actually headed over to give it a test drive in a...