Search results

1. AK islandr

Alaska to Portland OR for a day

That's right, last October I drove my TDI from SE Alaska to Portland OR for a day then turned around and went back. It was worth it to me. My fuel injector pump was leaking, winter is coming, and our state is restricting ferry service to our island. "Git'er done!" came to mind. Checking with...
  2. AK islandr

Hard starting issue

Not trouble starting due to cold temperatures. Before any motor issue arose my 2003 TDI wagon has been flawless. A couple years ago Fixum Haus replaced my timing belt and installed Malone chipping. Currently my trusty Jetta has over 105K and I read if I clean the MAF it could help mpg and...
  3. AK islandr

starting issue

Not trouble starting due to cold temperatures. Before any motor issue arose my 2003 TDI wagon has been flawless. A couple years ago Fixum Haus replaced my timing belt and installed Malone chipping. Currently my trusty Jetta has over 105K and I read if I clean the MAF it could help mpg and...
  4. AK islandr

TDI on Google street view

A recent update of Google Maps street view for Ketchikan AK has a picture of my TDI in front of a friend's house. I spotted the Google rig go by LAST year, expected the photo to post, but it was just recently added. 407 Carlanna Lake Rd in Ketchikan AK is the site. Woohoo! I have seen at...
  5. AK islandr

AK to Portland OR thru Canada

In a couple weeks I am going to give my TDI some off island exercise and trace a familiar route thru B.C. Have plans to jump from this rock and land at Prince Rupert B.C., turn right at Prince George and snake thru the Fraser River gorge. I am not keen on the cost of CDN fuel so I will be...
  6. AK islandr

WTB 2003 or older Jetta TDI wagon

I have been searching West Coast listings for a 5 speed wagon. I can fly in to most major hubs (PSG, SMF, SFO, SEA, BOI, DEN, PHX, etc) to pickup a good vehicle. Prefer no whistles or bells (a GL), a clean car, with clean title and ready to drive. Thanx Aug. 18 2007. Have found my TDI, a 5...