Search results

1. D

new hail damaged 2015 VW Diesels for sale

There are some brand new 2015 VWs for sale in Colorado, they not only sat on the lot for a few years, but they also got severely hail damaged. We're not talking "remove with a freezing kit" dents either. Should be some very deep discounts. Larry H Miller VW, 866-696-3128 Lakewood, CO My...
  2. D

Hail damaged new 2015 diesels for sale

There are some brand new 2015 VWs for sale in Colorado, they not only sat on the lot for a few years, but they also got severely hail damaged. We're not talking "remove with a freezing kit" dents either. Should be some very deep discounts. Larry H Miller VW, 866-696-3128 Lakewood, CO My brother...
  3. D

2016, January 30 GTG at DanG144's Chapin, SC

I will be having a GTG at my house on Saturday, Jan 30, 2016. 8 am to 7 pm. Lunch around 1230, leftovers (if any) for supper at 6 pm. Light wrenching, food, lots of talking and sharing knowledge. Tuners Andrew Rodriguez will be there for Malone Tuning and selling his very good products...
  4. D

AC Problem? really overheating

Someone came by last evening with an AC problem. The AC was intermittent. The compressor would just shut off sometimes. Turned out the problem was two fold. The engine was overheating due to a bad thermostat, stuck partially shut. Despite rumors to the contrary the VW stock thermostat can...
  5. D

Air Conditioner operation without an RCV Refrigerant Control Valve

My AC system was not providing full cooling anymore, and I suspected I needed a new Refrigerant Control Valve, RCV. This valve is a simple spring loaded pressure control valve inside the Sanden SD7V16 compressor. I have changed out more than a dozen for friends and family, and it looked as if...
  6. D

GTG Chapin, SC January 25, 2014

I will be hosting a Get ToGether at my place again this January, and as usual it is the weekend before the Superbowl - in the dead of winter. It will be similar to the others, starting about 0800 and lasting until 8 pm. Lunch will be served about 1pm, with supper about 6 pm (just cooking any...
  7. D

Good AC gauge set fixes coupler problem

Folks, I now have 3 gauge sets, the first two were problematic on some VW schrader valves. They would not reliably depress the shrader valve, and so you could get false readings. The first set was from Harbor Freight, and worked fairly well, but had some problems with some schrader valves. Had...
  8. D

Engine Speed sensor G28 bad P0322, ECM memory DTC 18256, 01314, in other modules

2006 BRM DSG Jetta, 116k miles. Buckinjacket brought his car over today for some TLC. It had DTC 18256 G28 bad no signal in the engine module. 18256 in the AutoTrans module - check DTC Memory of Engine controller 01314 in ABS Brakes, Central Electrics, Instruments, Steering Assist "Engine...
  9. D

Help needed near Ft. Lauderdale

My 78 year old uncle fueled his 03 Golf TDI with gasoline. Sitting on the side of the road. Drove it until it quit. Anyone near enough willing to go empty his tank, I would owe you one. He is near Sunrise and NorthEast 16th near a Walgreen's drug store and a Shell station.
  10. D

Midlands BIOFUELS GTG in central SC, Saturday June 8 2013

BioJoe is hosting another GTG in Winnsboro, SC on Saturday, June 8, 2013, at his place of business, Midlands Biofuels. This is located in downtown Winnsboro, SC. Location: Main Street Winnsboro, SC beside Shell Gas Station and across the street from the Dodge Dealership. Plant Address: 310...
  11. D

Persistent Overboost Solved

2004 BEW Jetta, 230k miles, stage 1 tune. Car had persistently but erratically gone in to overboost limp mode, often under mild acceleration at low engine speeds, and would almost always overboost at full pedal even at moderate speeds. This problem was very slowly (over months) getting more...
  12. D

BEW tiptronic IQ values

I am looking for IQ values on BEW engines (2004 and early 2005 Jetta's) (2004-2006 Golf's and New Beetle's). A friend has one that is running with an IQ of about 12 mg/stroke at idle when warm. This seems excessive to me, even for an automatic, but I have little experience with them. So if...
  13. D

GTG Chapin, SC Jan 26, 2013

There will be a TDI GTG at my house near Chapin, SC on Jan 26, 2013. 8 am to 8pm. Directions are on one tab of the Google spreadsheet. I would just as soon not have my name phone numbers address, etc posted directly on the web. Please list any work you need to get done on the spreadsheet as...
  14. D

Hampton Roads area assistance

Can someone provide some basic assistance to a serviceman in the Hampton Roads, VA area? Not for me, for someone I know. I will only be in contact the rest of today (9/12/2012). Dan
  15. D

GTG Winnsboro SC Saturday July 14

At least two tuners will be there, Jeff Robertson of Rocketchip, and Newzboys - a Malone tune distributor. Post in the thread if you need a tune. Where: http://midlandsbiofuels.com/index.php?page=contact-information Location: Main Street Winnsboro, SC beside Shell Gas Station and across the...
  16. D

No communication with Power Steering module after DMF replacement

After replacing the DMF in a DSG yesterday, we had problems with the power steering not recovering properly. Can anyone think of something that we could have done during the DSG replacement that could cause this? The battery was disconnected for 8 hours or so. No charger was put on it, no...
  17. D

Stuck in 29 Palms, TB issues (at least)

I am posting this for EKSTER, a new member in trouble. He started having trouble in 29 Palms, CA. We got down to loose timing belt, can move more than 1.5". It is so loose that he can turn his TB tensioner pulley by hand and tell that the bearings in it are shot. He heard a clanking...
  18. D

Improved fuel filtration water separation Water in Fuel alarm for PD and Common Rail

2 Micron Caterpillar fuel filters went on my cars as soon as I bought them. But I wanted a water separator and water in fuel alarm. I recently added some fuel filters to my 2005 Jetta BEW PD, as a test bed for ultimate installation on my 2010 (well my wife's 2010) Jetta Sedan CJAA. I ran...
  19. D

GTG January 28,2012 Chapin, SC

The winter GTG will be Saturday, January 28th 2012 at my house in Chapin, SC. 8 am to 8 pm. A Pig will be prepared and presented by Engineerorange. Side dishes will be provided. Bring chips, snacks, drinks and deserts, please. Jeff Robertson of Rocketchip will be present for tunes. If you...
  20. D

Fuel System Failure

A friend called me and told me his V6 Touareg is at a VW dealer in the Coastal SC area. He suffered flashing glow plug light, reduced power. It was towed to the dealer. They are saying he needs a whole new fuel system, tank, lines, pumps, injectors...sound familiar? It is not yet clear who...