Search results

1. 0

New to 2015 Passat. CEL came on just now. No scan tool & supposed to drive 6 hours early AM

Hello TDIClub. Been away about 7 years. Got a ‘15 Passat about 3 weeks ago. Everything been great. Went to run errand a little bit ago & CEL came on. Supposed to leave at 5:30 tomorrow AM. No way to scan it yet & wondering would you take it or drive other car. No issues driving it just...
  2. 0

Can't get outer CV off axle!

I picked a couple of used axle shafts up. Already did passenger side and it wasn't bad but I'm trying to get the outer end off to clean, pack and replace the boot and it won't budge. I've got it in my vise and have pounded till I had to take a break. Any suggestions or tips are appreciated!
  3. 0

Roof rack question

Would a roof rack from an '07 Rabbit fit an '04 Jetta? The one I'm looking at is OEM, but doesn't have a key lock. I really know nothing of them so I'm a bit confused because I thought all the VW ones had key locks. Thx!
  4. 0

Chasing axle threads

I have another thread about CV joints, etc. but this question is specific. Anybody have an opinion on chasing banged up threads on an axle? And if so, where to find tools and what size and pitch the threads are? 04 jetta w/ 09A trans. My story is I got some used axles I was going to swap...
  5. 0

Can you swap inner CV's of the 'Tripod' style?

OK, Been searching a lot and not finding much. My Jetta is an '04 with the 09A Autobox. Axles are the type with conventional CV joint on the outer ones and the 'tripod' type inner joints. I have not found anything that says for certain if these type can be switched from side to side like the...
  6. 0

WTB: Reflex silver hood and driver door

Let me know what you have. Willing to drive a few hours from Wheeling, WV to pick it up.
  7. 0

BEW Head - no Injectors

Complete BEW head without injectors. Head is for rebuild as it had approx 235k on it when it's fool owner (that would be me) killed it by putting off timing belt change. Exh valves did get hit by the pistons. It has been cleaned and is together other than injectors were removed. Make a...
  8. 0

changing tire size question

I have done some reading and wanted to confirm my thinking. I am thinking about putting 195/60R15 in place of the standard 195/65/R15 on my 2004 Jetta. Why...the price is right:) Anyhow, I am thinking that this will throw the odometer off by 3%. Do you guys agree? Thx!
  9. 0

Radiator support interchange

Anybody know if rad support from other model/yr will work in an '04 Jetta GLS TDI? I get the impression they have different part numbers and it seems that the wagons are different and the support is different depending on engine. I did find an aftermarket on a site that called for the same part...
  10. 0

Anything special about Dodge journey front brakes?

I told my sister-in-law I would do her brakes and got thinking I have never done brakes on a Dodge. Is there anything out of the ordinary? I appreciate the help!
  11. 0

WTB: Jetta hood, driver door and fender

Hoping to find these panels painted reflex silver (code LA7W) within driving distance of Wheeling, WV in the northern panhandle of the state.
  12. 0

01M trans & maybe PD injectors in clearance center

I was just checking the VW clearance center and noticed a couple of listings for auto trans that have an 01M prefix if anybody is interested. I think the price was $850. I also noticed something listed as 'pump' that may be PD unit injectors for around $100 if I remember right. Don't hold me to...
  13. 0

Help on possible body work

Car has deer damage. Hood, fender, bumper and door need replaced. Here is my question...if I want to do labor myself can I do that and just have panels painted? Do these get painted on or off the car? Will they match?
  14. 0

Tuning for a BEW with auto trans

I did some searching and couldn't really find anything on tuning an automatic BEW. Why do I want to do this: mild power increase, EGR delete and to cause the ASV to operate only at shut down. So, can the trans handle like a stage 1 or 1.5? Is what I'm talking about practical? Car is stock with...
  15. 0

WTB: PD TB tools

Need tools to do the TB on my BEW. If u have some u want to sell, shoot me a PM.
  16. 0

Rebuild a/c?

Has anybody successfully rebuilt an a/c compressor? Car is a 98 GMC jimmy and the failure is just a leak at compressor. I recharged it and added dye and it worked for 4 weeks. When it stopped working I found dye at the area where parts of the compressor go together.
  17. 0

Necessary to extract fuel when removing tandem pump?

I'm trying to search. Auto parts store is closed for the day. I need tandem pump off tonight since I have help coming to lift the head tomorrow. Does it matter if I drain it?
  18. 0

How to support BEW to remove head and do TB?

Hi gang, lost some teeth on my TB and I'm working on tearing it down. I know I read about this before here but searching didn't help me out. How do I support my engine for this job without any special tools? Thanks!
  19. 0

BEW died on wheel bearing test drive!?!

Just as the title says...got done with wheel bearing job and took it for a run to see how everything felt. Went prob 2 mi and was headed uphill when it felt almost like it went in limp mode. I drove about another 1000 feet and pulled over to turn around. When I let off the accelerator it died. I...
  20. 0

GLI headlights best price?

I hit a deer and wasn't ok with $187 for 1 salvage headlight so I started looking into some repro e-codes but I'm a little concerned with quality. I like the black bezels. So here's my question...where can I find the genuine article Hella lights at the best prices? I'm ok with the NA beam spec...