Search results

1. Joe TDI

18x8 Rims & Tires 5x112 bolt pattern less than 1K miles Neversink, NY(12765)

SOLD!! Thanks for looking!! Bremmer Kraft BR09 18x8 rims 5x112 bolt pattern with Kumho Ecsta all season tires...Black with Brushed lip.. Rims/Tires have less than 1000 miles.....no scuffs, no scratches. I had them on my 2013 MK6 Jetta for this summer only.
  2. Joe TDI

FS: MK4 rims, wheels, tires (aftermarket & stock) NY 12788

Drag 17X7's SOLD! VR6 wheels w/ 8 tires SOLD! Thanks for looking!
  3. Joe TDI

2004 Jetta GL TDI FOR SALE

I have for sale a (5spd Tiptronic Automatic) Platinum Gray 2004 Jetta GL TDI (BEW PD) with 213K miles. Asking $5K OBO… The good: - Full timing belt kit Replaced at 200K miles - Steering rack Replaced at 200K miles - Camshaft/black lifters Replaced at 200K miles - KP39 turbo...
  4. Joe TDI

Some MK4 parts FS

COMPLETE driver side front and rear doors (tinted glass, rain guards, wiring, grey interior) EXTERIOR INTERIOR Driver side fender (black, should be re-painted) Grey glove box (complete) Knuckle (1) Subframe Front swaybar Make me an offer on any of it... I am just trying to get...
  5. Joe TDI

FS: NEW Integrated Engineering Connecting Rods

I have for sale a set of brand new Integrated Engineering Connecting Rods for 1.9 ALH TDI. This is for the full set of 4 rods, arp bolts, and lubricant. Rods are SOLD... thanks for looking!
  6. Joe TDI

214HP TDI Jetta TOTALED. RIP

Totaled my baby today.... my pride and joy.... I was going down the highway at about 40mph when it started hailing/sleeting violently, covering the road with a film of slush.... before I could get a chance to slow down, the ass end went out and I slammed into the guide rail. The car ended up...
  7. Joe TDI

2003 Jetta TDI in Diesel Power blog!

http://blogs.dieselpowermag.com/6678967/diesel-car-reviews/tdi-19l-220hp-and-400-lb-ft-to-the-wheels/index.html
  8. Joe TDI

KP39 in BEW spikes to 25psi...

I have a RC1+ tune and it runs 20-21psi sustained @ WOT but when I first get on it, it spikes to 25psi and then settles to 20-21psi. I am going to get a boost valve to see if I can get it to not spike past 21psi. Anyone else have this turbo spike like that? Is it normal or am I on borrowed...
  9. Joe TDI

Finally have my PD on the road

2004 Jetta GL TDI w/167K miles.... this will be my daily driving/work commute/winter/crappy weather car.... It already has RC1+ tuning, straight pipe exhaust, ventectomy, 5spd swap (used to be tiptronic), SBC stage 3 clutch... In the future: boost gauge, 20% window tint, panzer skid plate...
  10. Joe TDI

Who can figure out my Tiptronic problem?

On my 04 PD, The 5spd automatic tiptronic tranny is screwing up. It seems like when the weather and the car is warm, the tranny just fails and all gears are neutral even reverse.... If the weather is cold out, I can drive the car to Boston and back no problem but the other day when it was in the...
  11. Joe TDI

NY/NJ/PA Crew: Drive to NEDD8 with us!

OK.... Jason (TDIJetta99) and myself would like to assemble a crew of TDI's to drive up to New England Dyno Day 8 together.....Don't drive all the way to Boston alone.... Roll with us! We're gonna have a blast! Meeting times and locations will be added and updated to this first post within the...
  12. Joe TDI

***! Airbags deployed randomly while driving!

I was just driving down the road and heard the loudest pop in my right ear along with a flash of light.... It was like someone lit an M80 in my ear.... All the interior lights came on and the car shut down.... I look over to my right and all the side curtain airbags are hanging there.... How...
  13. Joe TDI

Follow my 2003 ALH Project!

Tonight, Jason (TDIJetta99) and myself will start the many installations on my 2003 Jetta.... Here's all the parts going in over the next week: - VNT 17/22 Hybrid Turbo & new oil feed line - 3" Old Man Intake pipe - PD150 Intake Manifold w/2.5" race pipe - PD in tank Lift Pump - 3 Bar MAP...
  14. Joe TDI

Youngsville, NY to Toronto, ON and back on 1 tank of diesel..

Hey all.... This Friday, 3/27/09, I will be attempting an 820 mile round trip journey from Youngsville, NY to Toronto and back on 1 tank of diesel fuel.... I figure if I go around 67mph on the interstates, accelerate lightly, make sure my tires have enough pressure in them, and shift at...
  15. Joe TDI

Assembling Waterfest Crew... Who's in?

Ok, I am trying to assemble a crew to drive down to the Waterfest 14 show at Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ on Sunday July 20th. Arrival to the event at 9am is the plan. I have a few people already interested but now I'd like to get an idea of who is really going to roll with us.... We will...
  16. Joe TDI

Biodiesel becoming mainstream.

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=434474&topart=hybrids "Modern diesel engines are highly fuel-efficient, much quieter and peppier than you might think. An example is the Volkswagen Jetta TDI." So there you are in the Toyota showroom, staring down a shiny Prius in...
  17. Joe TDI

Tdi Bov

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzhADMFfJSE A lot of people in Europe seem to be doing this to their TDI's. I am well aware that a BOV has no place on a TDI because diesels have no throttle plate so why do people do it?
  18. Joe TDI

System Too Lean?

The MIL came on today so I brought it to the local auto parts store to read the code... The code said (SYSTEM TOO LEAN) and also (CATALYST EFFICIENCY BELOW THRESHOLD). Have I not de-restricted my exaust enough for RocketChip Stage 3 and Sprint 520's??? I just have a mufflerectomy, but should I...