Search results

1. K

Long Life Headlight Bulbs?

I've seen reference to a VW part number for a long life H1. Do they exist in aftermarket or at all?
  2. K

Use Boost Gauge for Economy

I bet if you keep boost down when taking off, economy will improve. Keeping it under a target, say 6 psi (Upsoluted), or better, and harder to achieve 4 psi, might result in better mileage. It can be like a game to. A slow game, but a game nonetheless.
  3. K

fuel and air intake temps: were are they taken?

air intake temp is after the intercooler fuel temp, i think, is somewhere within the injection pump.
  4. K

Changing the Manual Transmission Fluid

Is it possible to change this without a lift? You have to get under the car and it has to be level? Thanks
  5. K

Mintex Red Box Rear Pads

Fits my 00 NB + a bunch others, I'm sure. Not needed. Never installed. $30. + shipping.
  6. K

Rear Seatbelt Stuck on A4 Jetta

The seatbelt mechanism that is within the rear seat is stuck. I cannot raise the rear seat now. Any suggestions? Thanks.
  7. K

Freeze Frame Data

Freeze frame data are the parameters recorded by the ECM at the moment a DTC is thrown. Uwe says it's not accessible with vag-com. VW recommends using it in Tech Tips. They THINK on the Vag-Com list that clearing codes also clears freeze frame data. Has mickey or Gary, or anyone else been...
  8. K

How About Enabling HTML?

I was going to put in a table the other day and couldn't because html is now disabled. Surely that background midi of The Boss' "Born to Run" I put in on one of HowardZ' old threads wasn't the reason? I never realized it was a problem.
  9. K

Engine Noise and Fuel Quality

My engine seems to run a teeny bit quieter with this last batch of cheapo fuel. It seems to have just as much power. Does 'better' fuel make more noise or less?
  10. K

Data Logging

Andrew at VWVORTEX has been using VAG-COM of late for data logging and then graphing the results. He has written some about it here: http://forums.vwvortex.com/vwbb/Forum27/HTML/004312.html
  11. K

Aftermarket Coolant Gauge-Weird Behavior

Ok, I know that the factory coolant gauges stay always at 190F, but this is for my aftermarket VDO gauge. Driving on the highway, about 65 mph, amb. temp 75 F, oil temp 200F + a little, the coolant temp gauge drops down in temp maybe 20 degrees F. If I put the car in neutral, or come to a stop...
  12. K

VAG-COM Does Data Logging

The lastest alpha version does data logging. It enables such graphs as in this thread: http://forums.vwvortex.com/vwbb/Forum27/HTML/004212.html This means you can graph any info the ecu acquires. This capability is quite awesome, imho. (Unfortunately, lack of win95 laptop limits me to...
  13. K

TURBO: The Weak Link?

Sure seems that way lately.
  14. K

Too Good to Last.....VW's TSB Site is Gone

Too Good to Last.....VW\'s TSB Site is Gone I knew it was too good to last. VW must not have liked its customers coming in with TSB printouts. Probably better if the customer doesn't know, eh. Another feather in VW's customer service. http://tech.vw.com/
  15. K

Electrical characterization of VW temp sender

Awesome. Keep up the good work.
  16. K

What's The Purpose of this Forum Anyway?

What\'s The Purpose of this Forum Anyway? I don't see any topic that shouldn't really be filed in one of the existing ones. I could see grouping some of Steve's 101 topics into a big FAQ, I would think. Just more clicks, imho.
  17. K

Username and Password in Cookie?

Admittedly I don't know much about this, but looking at the cookie text file, it seems the username and password is in it, in plain text? Is this normal and/or good?
  18. K

Where's the NB Section?

Where\'s the NB Section? If Passats are on the main page, why not the other models?
  19. K

Where's the NB Section?

Where\'s the NB Section? If Passats are on the main page, why not the other models?
  20. K

Forum Software

I'm thinking it would be a good idea for work. You know, start dialogues, classifieds, etc. After looking around a while, I found some cool forum software from Snitz Forums, http://forum.snitz.com/ . It looks like Fred's, is asp-based, and runs on NT, PWS, and Chilli-asp. And it's freeware...