Search results

1. K

New Tire Suggestions?

I love the Michelins too. Too bad they're so expensive.
  2. K

Engine temperature is always low... why?

Something's not right. Sender? Thermostat? Bring it back.
  3. K

Help! Cross-Theaded Bolt into Tranny Case!

[ June 11, 2001: Message edited by: Karl Roenick ]
  4. K

Does anyone know of add-ons to the factory alarm?

Look on vwvortex. The motion sensor thing has been done.
  5. K

General question about Vag Com

mickey, Can yours capture the freeze frame data when a dtc is thrown? Is the stuff cleared when vag-com clears the codes? It is my belief that there might be a parallel universe of codes, not accessible to vag-com, but accessible to 1551, etc.
  6. K

Rear brake pad replacement?

I still have those rear mintex red box pads for $30.....
  7. K

Rear speakers don't work

Re: Rear speakers don\'t work I believe that the vag-com might be used to talk to the convenience module to narrow the problem down. Maybe.
  8. K

767 miles on last tank! GT 110 too

deeyup, I'm with you all the way on chip vs box. Much smoother.
  9. K

Passat B5 TDI Loss Of Acceleration

Brodie, I don't even have vag-com yet because the laptop I have access to only has Windows 3.1 on it. We're supposed to get some laptops for work, and I am loath to spend money on one if I don't have to. Anyway, I use Vwtool. There's one group (in vwtool anyway) that has 10 or so different...
  10. K

Problem with brakes?

Apparently they put some softer pads in the rear for a while in a misguided attempt to reduce brake squeal.
  11. K

VAG'S GEARBOXES...NEWS

Re: VAG\'S GEARBOXES...NEWS What failed on BG's when it suffered a compound fracture of the transmission and bled fluid all over the drag strip?
  12. K

help with CEL

How come I know what it means. I ain't no VW professional technician. ECT is the Engine Coolant Temperature sensor. Perhaps there is a loose wire. Remove wires, clean contacts, etc. If the sensor is bad, it is not difficult to change and is quite inexpensive (<$20). It might be hard to...
  13. K

Driving a TDI

As low as possible without lugging for best economy. Sincerely, Velvet Foot
  14. K

double post, dang it [ May 16, 2001: Message edited by: Karl Roenick ]
  15. K

It probably would have been good to know if it was over or under pressure, but I agree, N75 is cheap enough to replace. I would definately check all those hoses I mentioned. There have been reports of hoses cracking at the ecu and, I believe, at the turbo. Maybe think about, anyway, replacing...
  16. K

VAG'S GEARBOXES...NEWS

Re: VAG\'S GEARBOXES...NEWS Is this related to that stupid dual mass flywheel design?
  17. K

How the turbo is controlled on the TDI

No, Rene, I am thinking the opposite of that. No power to n75 means no vacuum to vane actuator means they are open. I don't know if I want to pull of the vacuum hose though, from my last experience with breaking things. Maybe the thread by the guy that was making the vnt turbo into a gas...
  18. K

How the turbo is controlled on the TDI

Thanks for the explanation. I had always thought that more vacuum on the vnt meant more closed, but now I'm not so sure. I thought that disconnecting the electrical leads to n75 on a VNT meant that there'd be no boost to speak of. Maybe I'll check it out tonight.
  19. K

No Start = Sticking Anti-Shudder Valve

Neither do the YellowLed Cult. (it's the best i could come up with)
  20. K

What Upgrades for Long Road Trip?

I wish they had an indash player (oem) for the NB. How well do those things work that you plug into your cassette deck (with a cassette thingy)?