Search results

1. TDI Believer

FS: 2010 Jetta Sportwagen TDI

Candy White/Black, DSG, Cold Weather Pkg, iPod hookup. 41K miles (all highway). We are selling because my wife had spine fusion and needs a taller vehicle with a power lift gate. We have had zero problems with this car. It just had full 40K service, incl. DSG service. We have used Stanadyne...
  2. TDI Believer

First Maintenance and Tinkering (Yawn...)

Changed the oil today after passing the 5K miles mark on the odometer. (Yeah, I know the book says 10K. I'll go to 10K intervals after 10K.) Typical easy TDI oil change. 4L out with the Pela 6000, 4L of Mobil 1 ESP in. What's up with the position of the oil filter though? A bit of a pain...
  3. TDI Believer

Impressed with what I can fit into the JSW...

This weekend we competed in some dog shows in downtown Pittsburgh (my beloved home town). Packed into the back of the JSW were two large kennels (disassembled), three suitcases, a grooming table, and two of our Belgian Shepherds. The pups had lots of room to stretch out and relax. I like that I...
  4. TDI Believer

Microbiological and Corrosivity Characterizations of Bio and Adv. Fuels

This paper might be of interest to those trying to solve the HPFP failures on the CR engines. http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA503602&Location=U2&doc=GetTRDoc.pdf
  5. TDI Believer

Driving home from Roanoke today...

Today when the wife and I were driving home from Roanoke on U.S. 460, this kid comes screaming up behind me in a white A2 Jetta. He pulls up in the left lane beside us, beeps the horn to get my attention, then mouths "nice car", gives me the thumbs up, and speeds off. Whoa...I actually felt...
  6. TDI Believer

Why is the avatar feature not available to me?

I am unable to create an avatar for my account. It has been this way for several years now. There is no selection in my user settings to create an avatar. If I edit the URL to get to the edit avatar page, I get what is shown in this screenshot - only an option for not having one. I used to be...
  7. TDI Believer

Took Delivery of Our 4th TDI Today...

Chris at Lanhorne was busy today delivering new JSWs to TDIClub members. I had the pleasure of meeting sabersix today as he took delivery of his blue one. It must be a day for roofless JSWs. Dollie and I wanted ours sans roof as we'll be carrying our four Belgian Shepherds in the back from time...
  8. TDI Believer

FS: 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT Sport Cummins

4X4 Quad Cab with long bed. This is a great truck. It's just more truck than we need. $22,500 See more pics and contact info at: http://www.valley-designs.com/truck/
  9. TDI Believer

Pics from Impexfest

10. TDI Believer

2004 Passat GLS TDI Wagon 93K $18,500

Now on Ebay. See Item #300190462646. New pics at http://www.valley-designs.com/passatpics/. Yeah, I know it's a shocker, but I get bored with cars after about four years. This garage-kept car is in excellent condition. The 93K is almost entirely highway miles. You can tell that by looking at...
  11. TDI Believer

Interesting info on motor oils...

After reading this, I would have no issues with putting a 0w30 oil in my TDIs, provided the oil meets the appropriate VW specs. Apparently the author is a well-known contributor to the Bob Is The Oil Guy site. http://63.240.161.99/motoroil/ Forgive me if this has been posted before.
  12. TDI Believer

Those little fuel filter 0-rings...

Is it possible to get those little O-rings that go on the T-connector of the fuel filter separately from the filter? I went to install a fuel filter that I had on the shelf and there were no O-rings in the box. I'd hate to have to buy a fuel filter just to get the O-rings.
  13. TDI Believer

Red A4 Jetta GL at Warrenton, VA BB&T

Today at 11:45am I saw a Red A4 Jetta GL with a club license plate frame parked at the BB&T on Rt. 29/211 in Warrenton, VA. It had car dealer stickers from Nashua, NH on it, though it had Virginia tags. It had a trailer hitch on the back. I was in the bank, but didn't ID you. I was driving my...
  14. TDI Believer

If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all...

Well...if a blown ECU wasn't bad enough...now the serpentine belt tensioner died... [Cue Music] Doom, despair, and agony on me. Deepest dark depression, excessive misery! If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. Doom, despair and agony on me! :(
  15. TDI Believer

Passat Stranded Mu in WVa Tonight...

Passat Stranded Me in WVa Tonight... .....
  16. TDI Believer

Motul 505.01 Full Synthetic 5w-40

I did my 70K oil change on the '04 Passat tonight using the new Motul 505.01 full synthetic 5w-40. I haven't seen anyone post a UOA on this stuff and was just wondering what folks think of it. Is it worth the extra $$ over the Group III stuff? I've been using the semi-syn Motul 505.01 in...
  17. TDI Believer

OK, What The Heck Is This...?

This black, felt shoelace looking thing has popped out of the front passenger door on my Passat wagon. If I pull on it, more comes out...kind of like pulling a loose thread on a sweater. :eek: What is it? What's it for? Should I just clip it off and forget about it?
  18. TDI Believer

I-66 TDIs

I drive I-66 in Virginia between Linden and Marshall every weekday. Last Friday I saw a Wheat Beige B5.5 Passat with a roof-top carrier heading westbound around 5:00pm. Probably someone passing through. I often see a Spice Red '04 Jetta TDI with the license "IB MRMOM" in the mornings. I also see...
  19. TDI Believer

I finally got the suspension done...

Last Friday I had Sharrett VW in Hagerstown, MD install a set of VIN-matched 1BE springs with a set of Koni Sport shocks and struts. Going by other's experience at Passatworld, I adjusted the Konis 1/2 turn from soft in the front and 1/4 turn from soft on the rears. The result is remarkable...
  20. TDI Believer

Updated Pics Of My B5 Wagon...

I've got a set of 1BE springs and Bilsteins ready to go on as soon as I get the time... Black satin bumper and door trim, Borbet Type E wheels with R32 center caps Red "DI", black trim, and rear aero wiper 225-50/VR16 Yokohama Avid V4s on 16x7.5" wheels, no more side markers...