Search results

1. doonboggle

2006 Diesel mileage ? ? ?

Have had my 06 TDI Jetta .. diesel ... and have never changed anything. But it seems that if I go mileage in the 60-+ speed ... I average get 35-40 ... rather than what is often mentioned ... 48-52 . In some of the past mentioned, at times the above mileage has been 'bragged' about ...
  2. doonboggle

Diesel fuel addition for better MPG ??

Am interested in what folks are using these days, rather than an engine unit replaced, but rather addition to the fuel. Had our 06 Jetta TDI at a shop recently, and the fellow suggested to look for items. Thanks
  3. doonboggle

Help===help===help===2006 jetta diesel

Background: I recently early this year had a stroke; I am going on 74 presently. From that, I lost much of my memories of everything; building a house, pampering my Jetta ... and Rabbit Pickup ... and other problems. But, being in fixed income, I ... and wife ... have to try to do things that...
  4. doonboggle

2006 Jetta (Diesel) service question

We have a (wonderful) 2006 diesel Jetta that we bought from a fellow in 2006, just shortly after he bought and then changed mind. At the time, as I recall, mileage was not over 500 miles. Wife & I are in our 70's, and the Jetta has been our most wonderful, and loved, car. My question has to...
  5. doonboggle

1981 Diesel rabbit pickup issue with steering access

I have an 81 VW Rabbit (diesel) that has an issue with the lower steering pieces. According to others on another VWVortex discussion, a piece that is related somewhat to the needle bearing and needle bearing race area, in the lower section of the column, is kaput....along with 'possible' damage...
  6. doonboggle

Mexico connections...

If anyone has, or know of, a Mexican or 2 located in Mexica that I can contact regarding needed parts for my Rabbit ... I'd appreciate it. Chuck
  7. doonboggle

Best diesel battery for 06 Jetta TDI

My 06 Jetta is showing signs of battery problem. I have put it through 2 cycles of desulfat, and it still does not seem to be ready for another 3-4 years as anticipated. So, I am now interested in replacing the factory version with a reliable ... long life ... good warranty ... and especially...
  8. doonboggle

Crankcase breather gasket 1.6 diesel

Not able to find the crankcase gasket for my 81 diesel 1.6 rabbit. Does anyone know the part number ... or under what section of ETKA it would be. Have looked at all ... I think ... on ETKA and not successful yet. Thanks
  9. doonboggle

020 5-speed trany leak; anyone know of 'guru' shop near Austin, Tx.

My 81 rabbit pickup 5-speed trany has started leaking at the end under the engine lately; presume it to be possibly a worn-out seal that has not been replaced 'whoever' knows; I am the 3rd owner ... and have not had this problem up until now. I am not able to do this due to a fused spine, so...
  10. doonboggle

2006 TDI air filter change

For first air filter replacement, came across something that I need guidance on. With the factory filter removed, there is a layer of mesh glued to the 'bottom'. I had bought several replacements (C34109) some years ago for inventory, and in taking one of them out to install, there is nothing...
  11. doonboggle

By pass unit-Amazoil EABP-90 filter

I've got a by-pass unit installed a few years ago, with the Amsoil EABP-90 filter, and now have 33k miles on the 06 Jetta. It was installed when the mileage was 10k, so have processed about 23k thru the filters ... both Amsoil and factory type. I am concerned about the duration so am...
  12. doonboggle

Driver electrical seat control ???

Anyone have this?? Got in the 06 Jetta this morning and pushed the button to reset the seat to my settings. NOTHING!!!! #s 2 & 3 are active ... but #1 is DEAD it seems. ANy one have this problem?? TIA
  13. doonboggle

Anyone with ETKA; HELP

We have a 2006 Jetta, USA, 4-door unit. Recently a rock hit the driver side outside mirror, the clear wrap-around plastic part the turn signal lite is behind, is shattered and needs to be replaced. I have ETKA, but the references, and the sections of parts, etc. ... just do now show this part...
  14. doonboggle

2006 Automatic 6-gear tranny oil change??

My 06 Jetta TDI is nearing the 40k limit, and am looking for oil R&R process. Found Pete's discussion on other models ... with GREAT process ... but not able to find method for my version. Can someone guide me, if it is available that is, to the R&R process for the 06 Automatic (6-gear)? TIA
  15. doonboggle

Dash display has gone -- ???

Several days ago the dashboard display of my 2006 TDI dropped off. What is showing now is a confusing statement about resetting it in a stopped position. But when I try, it does not accomplish anything. It does, when on the move, show the basics ... speed, fuel content, radiator temp., etc...
  16. doonboggle

GURU search for Austin, Tx. (Travis county)

Relocating to Austin, Texas (Travis county), and am looking for local guru shop to service-repair-etc. our 06 Jetta TDI and 81 Rabbit pickup. Had a wonderful shop in Reno ... and hope to find one here. Will not use stealership if at all possible. Had nothing but nightmares with the one in...
  17. doonboggle

Value of owning VAGCOM ? ?

After now having 2 'education' discussions with repair shops regarding my providing a VAGCOM fault list, it appears that I know little about the value of my VAGCOM. So I have a question. What is the value of owning a VAGCOM, when the dealer, or shop that has the analysis set-up, does not accept...
  18. doonboggle

Coolant fan coming on with car parked in garage

Few minutes ago the radiator coolant fan activated itself while the 06 Jetta was parked in garage for the last 6 hours. The only way I could get it to stop was to (one-by-one) pull fuses. Just wondering if anyone has had a similiar happening? The only thing I can come up with is water being...
  19. doonboggle

Need working email address for VW.com

I am trying to send an email thru the home site email link, and it indicates the process does not work. Have tried using both IExplorer and FireFox; get same response. Does anyone have a working email address I can use to submit my 'complaint' ... prefer Customer Care? Thanks
  20. doonboggle

What would you do ? ? ?

Took my 2006 Jetta today to the Reno, Nevada dealer ... Lithia ... for what I thought would be a simple warranty issue. The Jetta has just over 20K miles on it ... don't drive it that much ... and was initially registered in June 2006. Up front will admit that I am not that versed in the...