Search results

1. doonboggle

2006 Diesel mileage ? ? ?

Trying ... . . . Right now these days, am trying to be connected with Runonbeer. Sent message ... and hoping it will be answered soon. He is a little bit below of Austin, but have his map section to be connected. HOPPING ........... Chuck
  2. doonboggle

2006 Diesel mileage ? ? ?

Have had my 06 TDI Jetta .. diesel ... and have never changed anything. But it seems that if I go mileage in the 60-+ speed ... I average get 35-40 ... rather than what is often mentioned ... 48-52 . In some of the past mentioned, at times the above mileage has been 'bragged' about ...
  3. doonboggle

Diesel fuel addition for better MPG ??

Am interested in what folks are using these days, rather than an engine unit replaced, but rather addition to the fuel. Had our 06 Jetta TDI at a shop recently, and the fellow suggested to look for items. Thanks
  4. doonboggle

Help===help===help===2006 jetta diesel

Finally something I can brag about..... ....today I had the Jetta trucked to a (relative close) shop here in the Austin Area. I tried to memory all that I was interested before having my attack, and can't remember what VW 'talked' about regarding mileage of 90 to 100 thousand. If you recall...
  5. doonboggle

Status... Well, today was A-OK somewhat. Missed God Church ... but thanked him now and then for him from garage ... and some of you as well ... giving clues as well. Now have the garage section cleaned ... about 60 percent of where Jetta gets parked totally covered with 'new' VW engine oil...
  6. doonboggle

Big problem now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Spike; will try to respond inside with CAPITAL WRITING; rest at end Sure wish I had seen that last part early first today; do now, after seeing it, vaguely remember it in 2007+- usage. Now for the latest 'crap' item.... After getting both items open, and left...
  7. doonboggle

Background: I recently early this year had a stroke; I am going on 74 presently. From that, I lost much of my memories of everything; building a house, pampering my Jetta ... and Rabbit Pickup ... and other problems. But, being in fixed income, I ... and wife ... have to try to do things that...
  8. doonboggle

How long should a timing belt last?

I did try him at the beginning of my proecess, but due to my stroke, and lose of words-description-etc., he was not able to give it to me. Then ... of all times ... at that point was a time I had to visit the doctor again; so he did not hear for a few days. Finally I was able to try again...
  9. doonboggle

Mileage question THANKS to all of you that responded to my posting. As I mentioned, had a recent stroke that causes one to re-think an "HOW-TO" response, so let me ask a simple, and probably stupid ... but a clarification ... does the change of the timing belt correct the earlier MPG loss...
  10. doonboggle

TDI timer belt replacement ?? My 03-06 Jetta, diesel, has 45,000 miles on it; we bought it in 2006. As retired folks, our usage is not as much as younger folks. But, as folks tender to mention, I will the same ... a bit. The mpg when bought was often in the 50-55 mpg. Now, it is common to...
  11. doonboggle

2006 Jetta (Diesel) service question

'03 - - 06'; on door post.
  12. doonboggle

I am northeast of Austin on 290, Elgin territory, and try to not go into Austin...if possible. But if the location is not in a LARGE traffic area that with my TomTom I could find, I'd sure make an attempt. I have several times visited a shop in north section, for my '81 Rabbit pickup; but...
  13. doonboggle

WELL ... Mr. "runonbeet" responds and says that I do not need to have all that I have felt to be proper....considering my lack of comment upcare over the years. In other words, he indicated that my 90K mileage, where VW strongly mentions as needing replacement, need to not be done...wherein I...
  14. doonboggle

This is my hope Mike; to find someone who knows VW Diesel, 2006, and my getting the items needed. I have lots of tools ... but not much memory; unfortunately. THANKS ! ! ! ! ! !
  15. doonboggle

Private message sent...Austin....here from Elgin.
  16. doonboggle

We have a (wonderful) 2006 diesel Jetta that we bought from a fellow in 2006, just shortly after he bought and then changed mind. At the time, as I recall, mileage was not over 500 miles. Wife & I are in our 70's, and the Jetta has been our most wonderful, and loved, car. My question has to...
  17. doonboggle

1981 Diesel rabbit pickup issue with steering access

All or part???? Thanks Todd; but is it necessary to take the whole package ... from steering wheel down to the u-joint at the bottom?
  18. doonboggle

Diesel Purge procedure

OK ... I did the purge process with one can a few ago, on a TDI that is not yet at 40K miles ... following the details prescribed herein ... and got nothing to indicate it was needed. Checked the flow of the fluid ... A-OK ... and engine ran for almost 30 minutes ... and the filter came out...
  19. doonboggle

Thanks Waldon; was wondering if you are still kicking around. If I boo-bood; please forgive. Read this ... "... the theme of VW Diesels, this message area is for discussion of other VW Group Diesels" ... and thought it to be appropriate. PS: Since having you assist me about 5-6 years ago in...
  20. doonboggle

I have an 81 VW Rabbit (diesel) that has an issue with the lower steering pieces. According to others on another VWVortex discussion, a piece that is related somewhat to the needle bearing and needle bearing race area, in the lower section of the column, is kaput....along with 'possible' damage...