Search results

1. katzw

Heartbeat? I don't think it means my car loves me...

My car, under undefined circumstances (ie, I have noticed no particular pattern of driving, weather, fuel, etc.) will idle with a noticeable but gentle spike in the RPMs. I stop at a traffic light, and the tac pulses between 800 and 1000 rpm. Not every day, not every time I drive, just...
  2. katzw

Trunk Rubber

For all the dog owners out there.. Has anyone tried anything to "rubberize" the trunk carpet in their VW? I love my dog very much, but the fluff is IMPOSSIBLE to get out of the back, and I'm hoping there's a way to either spray or apply a substance over the carpet in the trunk so that it's...
  3. katzw

2006 San Jose :)

Just thought I'd share a little from my trip from Vancouver, BC to San Jose, CA last year - 1400km, 1.5 tanks o' fuel. Also did San Jose to LA for 2 NIN shows, but that's just a lot of rock star photos ;) *giggles* Mount Shasta - at speed no less... a little road dust on the road trip to go...
  4. katzw

PD CEL Has me at the end of my rope...

A bit of history: In the past 2.5 months (~ 8,000km) I have had the engine light come on 4 times. The first time it was only on for a day or two, but I took it to the dealership anyways because I was due for an oil service. 1) The lady behind the counter knew nothing about what could cause it...
  5. katzw

Glow plugs/Modules & Fuel Efficiency

Hi :) When I'm new to a forum like this I don't like to start threads - I've been trying to search through others so that veterans don't see the same questions over and over and over..I have a Jetta TDI Wagon 2005.. and I have some problems. My first problem was with it smoking - huge clouds...