Search results

1. N

Turbo issues, now think it is vacuum related.

Well my VNT was not moving when I started the car... Thought well I'll clean the turbo with EasyOff like the guys are doing... No good. Broke down and bought a might vac (should have done this earlier). VNT works fine with vacuum applied... Ok buy a vacuum gauge, attach to turbo lead, NO VACUUM...
  2. N

Need 2001 Jetta TDI assistance Conroe to Houston (April 2010)

I have a 2001 with right at 300,000 miles on it. It is my commuter and it is about to die... In the last few weeks it has gone from hitting limp mode about once every 2 weeks (restart on the fly fixes this) to beyond limp mode all the time. The last two days I have been crawling down the...
  3. N

Limp mode when cold outside after warming up.

I've had my 2001 Jetta TDI now for about 9 months. I have an issue that the car will go into limp mode after driving for about 20 minutes. This seems to happen much more frequently when it is cold outside (40 degrees is cold for us in Texas). If I turn the engine off and back on, it kicks the...
  4. N

Interesting diesel article in 'Motor Magazine'

Here is a link to a PDF of Motor Magazine. It has some good reading about new and upcoming diesel tech. http://www.qmags.com/2FE1171B168087D7111581D3E131430052FF143687.htm Mike
  5. N

Houston Newbie here

I bought a 2001 Jetta TDI with 224,000 miles about 2 weeks ago. I have been using this site to investigate issues that I have and now I think I have some good pointed questions. I get a check engine light about 10-15 seconds after starting the car. I had terrible power intermittently and...