Search results

1. Y

Drove with oil light on for a couple miles.

My Girlfriend cracked the oil pan on our 2002 Jetta TDI, she noted when the light came on, but felt compelled to drive the last 3 miles or so home. I changed the pan, and replaced the oil. It might just be my paranoia, but it seems there is a slightly more pronounced ticking than usual. Is there...
  2. Y

h20 power continued

Is there really a need to close a thread people are still using just because you dont like the subject matter? If what you're saying is true why do super efficient hybrid systems use small motors to generate electricity and run electric motors. There is far more loss in that than using your...
  3. Y

Timing belt questions.

I just finished installing my new timing belt last night. I got the kit from metalman parts. Here are my questions. I didnt replace the camshaft seal, I gave up on the video and followed the pdf before the video got to that point, I've got the motor mount and lower timing belt covers installed...
  4. Y

How to fit a 2000 Jetta cd changer into a 2002

I Just got a 2002 Jetta TDI, we have a 2000 gas powered Jetta, and I thought it would be easy enough to scavenge the cd changer off the old one, but the plug doesent line up. Do they make a converter kit or am I going to have to splice into the harness :eek:?