Search results

1. H

Texas owners TDI List

Houston/Richmond/Rosenberg area. I still have my 2000 gl jetta, dark blue, manny tranny, factory avus wheels, recently flipped 200k, timing belt needed soon at 220k. The clutch that was in the car when purchased in 2006 @ 130K is still in the car doing well. I want a peloquin, so is a trans...
  2. H

Traveling in Mexico with a TDI? (Time sensitive)

I dont see what the problem is about mexican fuel. My 2000 jetta was "hecho en Mexico" according to the mfg's sticker on the door jamb. I believe the engines come from germany where the cars are assembled in mexico. Also, I have never heard of anyone having any kind of fuel problem in mexico...
  3. H

New to the site

Welcome to the forum. I am still around.... just been silent lately minding my own bidnit. So can I get a hookup on new keys?
  4. H

Bosch (injector pump) service in DFW?

this issue from snoopis was/is my exact problem, too. my guy has dropped the ball with the best intentions and will never touch my car again. I brought my car in with a pump leaking onto the engine webbing below the pump as shown above and getting 45mpg and fun to drive with lots of zing to...
  5. H

disable factory alarm with vagcom

i hate that relock feature. it's gonna screw me one day while I am attempting to get the kids & groceries loaded into the car
  6. H

Any gurus in Corpus Christi, TX or surrounding areas

keep searching, wwm. I am having the same issues after an injector pump replacement. my mechanic got screwed with a defective part. a 'second opinion' scan from someone else revealed that all was in order, but drives with no enthusiasm and horrible mileage...
  7. H

Are we going to have GTG soon???

thanks toeball. with the age of my car quickly creeping along, it seems that I need to become my own guru & study up some more
  8. H

Yankee just got back from Houston area....

Angleton is close enough but not too far to the beachgoer or salt water fisherman. beware that in coastal counties property owners get hit with "windstorm & hail" insurance on top of the flood ins that mortgage co's want you to have. I see it as an extra property tax. mortgage ins really...
  9. H

Are we going to have GTG soon???

that looks like a good spot there, toeball, for the houston area. will anyone be there with a vag comm? I need a timing adjustment in a bad way. I'm only getting 30 mpg after a new inj pump has been installed, where I got 45 with my lead foot beforehand. he just dont 'get it' like we do...
  10. H

We are drying up and blowing away!

this summer is 10X worse than the summer of '80. even real oldtimers have NEVER seen it this bad. that summer was a cakewalk compared to this... the breeze on the texas city dike was nice... was the first time I had been there since its closure after hurricane ike in '08...
  11. H

Unfortunate Houston Mechanic Story

if a TDI loving mechanic would set up shop around here, they could live well. I cannot fix everything that can possibly happen to my car. Is my car THAT exotic??? Why is a diesel such a problem around here? There are lots of diesel non-commercial pickup trucks (Fords&Chevys&Dodges&stuff)...
  12. H

235/75/15 Wrangler DuraTrac AT tires fit!

How has this taller 235 tire affected your final drive ratio? any twisted driveshafts? Is the clutch holding up? I am rooting for you dude, cuz the off-road options with such a tire are immense.....
  13. H

using your existing strut assy, simply add a second upper bearing to the top of your existing strut assy. acquire four M14 x fine pitch nuts & weld them to some 1-1/2" long small pipe such as some 1/2" NPT pipe making coupling/barrel nuts out of them. these screw onto the top of strut where...
  14. H

I likey lots... this is the direction I wish to go as in "baja jetta" Do your golf struts match a jetta's strut design?? If so, for front lift/clearance issues I have an idea. I installed passat springs in front which have a smaller OD to stockers. (buy them used and complete from junk car...
  15. H

So, I have my 5 speed out what should I replace?

peloquin lsd?? when it rains, the torque our tdi's produce makes for a lot of wheelspin followed by hop. never know which one till it happens on a straight flat start. I hate a car that won't go... wish I could weld it up & be done with it but extremely unadvisable on a FWD streetcar
  16. H

2011 Jetta TDI :)

that's sweet rg, congratulations. that dark blue is the same color as mine and should hold up just as well...(as mine is still "new" to me in my mind's eye but it's already yikes! egad?eons*coff#coff# a decade-ish old) Please post pics of your interior.
  17. H

Need reliable A/C shop, SE Houston area

OK I finally see my error. my bad. tikal was talking about (autoworkskemah.com) . I was talking about W's shop; and he has already chimed in above and now I finally understand his entry... its weird to be the doofball...
  18. H

DIY: 2" Lift Kit for Under $40 - EASY!

concerning what shizzler sez about strut diameter... I suspect the strut rod OD varies among different mfgs so beware... just drill out your shim to fit over your new ones & get on with it... all these ideas involve shimming springs to achieve lift and it works okay since we do not drive...
  19. H

Need reliable A/C shop, SE Houston area

tdi's are not their top thing cuz americans buy mostly gassers, so that's what they work on a lot. they are a small outfit with a capable wrench that can handle your tdi. they were recently involved with some controversy where a broken cheap part attached to an expensive part was given the...