Search results

1. N519AT

PSA: Fuel Line Connectors

Just wanted to make a quick PSA... I was replacing my fuel hoses in the engine bay on my Mk4 yesterday, and I broke one of the 90 degree fuel line connectors where the rigid fuel lines connect to the hoses that go to the filter (behind the coolant expansion tank). VW wants you to replace all...
  2. N519AT

Boost Limited to 15 psi - Heavy Smoke over 3,000 RPM

THANK YOU!! I read your message this morning and realized that a clogged catalytic converter would make perfect sense. I bought the car from the original owner (little old lady) with 195,000 on it. The cat was probably closed to clogged when I got it, and when I got the tune running more smoke...
  3. N519AT

Bump this up to the top again.. I tried some more things with no success. First, I replaced the 90 degree hose to the race pipe off of the intake manifold as well as the adapter hose to the smaller pipe going to the SMIC. No change. So everything between the turbo outlet and the intake...
  4. N519AT

A quick update. I found some oily residue that was around the port for my boost gauge. I took off the boost gauge port from the intake (EGR deleted) and I reapplied teflon tape and screwed it back in. No dice on that. I also took time to verify that I'm getting vacuum >25 hg being applyed to...
  5. N519AT

So I had some time tonight so I swapped the MAF on the car with a spare one that I have. No change with the behavior above of the car. One other thing to note.. when the car gets above 3,000 RPM or so where the requested boost pulls away from the actual, a metal vibration can be heard inside...
  6. N519AT

Alright, went out and did some normal driving and logged it on the VCDS graph. Note: pretty sure due to the Kerma tune, MAF requested is always 850 mg/str In this image, I'm logging RPM (Red) MAF Requested (green), MAF Actual (Yellow), Boost Requested (Pink), Boost Actual (blue). The 3 spikes...
  7. N519AT

I'll take a look at that. I recently replaced the MAF with a new unit about 15 months and 12,000 miles ago. Also forgot to add, the car has a 3 bar MAP installed. Checked VCDS today after a test drive to get the car nice and hot. No fault codes. Timing was retarded but within spec. Idle IQ...
  8. N519AT

I'm looking for a bit of help. I've got a 2003 Jetta Wagon. ALH, 5 speed transmission. It's got a VNT-17, .205 Injector nozzles that were professionally balanced & pop tested, PD150 Intake manifold, PD150 Turbo Intake & Airbox. It's got a tune from Kerma for all of the mods. When I first got...
  9. N519AT

What did you do to your MKIV today?

I’m about to do this to my wagon. Any tips or was there as specific DIY you followed? I’m doing a set of H&R lowering springs, bilstein shocks/struts all around, bump stops, rear bushings and replacing a tie rod (replaced the other one a few months back).
  10. N519AT

Scammer Alert

I went ahead and removed his address and DL photo. I agree, I’ve always had good luck buying things through forums. Never had an issue until his guy. Seems like he’s only attacking want to buy (WTB) ads. My clue to this scam was that he wouldn’t work with me on a payment method. When I sell...
  11. N519AT

FS: Volkswagen Monterey Wheels

Sorry I just saw this. I have two of the wheels left.
  12. N519AT

Scammer Alert

Not sure what forum to put this in, but recently I made a post in the Private TDI Items For Sale section looking for some fenders and a front bumper cover: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=502511 I received a PM from tdiwizzy7 (http://forums.tdiclub.com/member.php?u=565898) on...
  13. N519AT

Full FIS Cluster Swap

Got it. Sounds like vag Tacho is a must. Any other tips for install and full functionability?
  14. N519AT

Full FIS Cluster Swap

I have a 2003 Jetta Wagon and I've started doing some research on doing a FIS cluster swap with part number 1J5920946C This seems like a pretty cool mod for relatively cheap. My questions are do I need to have the new cluster's SKC pin in order to program it to my vehicle? I have my current SKC...
  15. N519AT

FS: Mk4 Jetta Right Fender (Blue)

bump - still for sale. Believe it came off of a 2002.
  16. N519AT

WTB: Front Fenders, Bumper Cover

Looking for rust free fenders and a bumper cover for a 2003 Jetta. Needs to be indigo blue pearl on the color. I'm located in the northeast (Northern VA), but I'm willing to travel to pick up a good, rust free set of fenders and bumper cover. Some slight scratches due to age is acceptable but...
  17. N519AT

Bump - still for sale
  18. N519AT

Partout: 2004.5 Jetta Wagon __ Western MA

Any chance you could grab the paint code from the spare tire well to determine the color of blue? Looking for both front fenders and the front bumper cover in indigo blue.
  19. N519AT

Picked up this fender from a salvage yard not too long ago, but the color didn't match my car. I don't know exactly what OEM color blue this fender is, but it's not indigo blue (which is what I need). No rust or anything in the usual spots and it actually cleaned up pretty well. Local pickup...