Search results

1. M

Available 2010 VW Golf TDI @ VW of Langhorne

Ok, thanks. I guess maybe some members here are more used to this procedure. The cars I've bought in the past didn't have this procedure. You could custom order the exact car you want and it was built and shipped to your dealer, end of story. Nothing was done at the port unless it was a...
  2. M

I'm trying to clarify if that can be done at the customer's request. I can go ahead and assume that's what it means but when I'm dropping 25K, maybe I just want to be extra sure, OK? We are talking about a car company that doesn't let customers custom order a car and have it shipped to the...
  3. M

So you have the option to add or delete those options if you buy the car before it leaves the port?
  4. M

Who decides which cars get this?
  5. M

What is the Golf Protection kit installed @ port for $420?
  6. M

Golf MK VI which is more cost effective 2.5L or TDI?

Thanks for the input. I'm glad that at least the EGR issue is worked out. I don't have the time to be DIY'er and cleaning the intake manifold certainly eats into the savings in fuel.
  7. M

You make some good points and give a lot to consider, thanks.
  8. M

First I just want to thank you so much for such a comprehensive answer! I read this and I can't help but feel a bit angry at VW. People are buying these TDI's for economy and longevity and to have to worry about lifter and cam wear so early on an engine that is supposed to "run forever" seems a...
  9. M

The whole point of me getting the TDI would be to have an economical commuter car, so if I'm saving money at the pump that's great but if I'm giving it back out on intake cleanings and timing belt changes, it makes me wonder if it really pays off in the end vs. the 2.5L or a Civic, or similar...
  10. M

Lots of good info in this thread. Does the engine in the Mk VI Golf have that intake clogging problem from the EGR?
  11. M

^^ thanks for the replies. How much more is the maintenance of the TDI vs. the 2.5L?
  12. M

How does the tax credit work, is it a deduction to reduce your taxable income or is that actually $1300 in your pocket the next time you do taxes?
  13. M

Basically I'm looking for a commuter car that I can rack up the miles on as cheaply as possible while still having some reliability and still feel like I'm driving a real car. I was considering other cars such as the Ford Fiesta, Honda Fit or Civic but the cost of those cars when you opt for...
  14. M

That's a good point I didn't consider, you really have to baby the gasser to get better mpg's whereas with the diesel you can exercise the engine without worrying about the mpg's as much. Why do you say the TDI would be more expensive to maintain over the long run? I figured that would be...
  15. M

True, so you would get some of that money back if you sold the car. Exactly how much is harder to figure out though, it depends on so many factors.
  16. M

2.5L = $18,595 w/heated seats (2 door) mpg = 22/30 TDI = $23,329 w/heated seats (2 door) mpg = 30/41 TDI = $4,734 > 2.5L I drive 20,000 miles/year 2.5L = 20,000 @ 27 mpg = 740.74 gal@ $3.00/gal = $2,222.22/year TDI = 20,000 @ 38 mpg = 526.32 gal@ $3.25/gal = $1,710.54/year Fuel...
  17. M

FS: 99.5 Jetta TDI 5-speed

I'm guessing you didn't have the clutch changed then, was that the previous owner? Do you know at what mileage? A clutch job for this car can cost about 20% of your asking price so it's a factor in my decision. I used to have an 01 TDI but I can't remember, is the timing belt change done...
  18. M

FS: 99.5 Jetta TDI 5-speed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow
  19. M

$1500 UNDER dealer invoice @ VW of Langhorne for May!

Chris, Are you going to be doing any similar offerings for the new 2010 Golf TDI? Thanks.