Search results

1. copatdir6

F/S WINTER/SNOW Tires with TPMS NY

Might be interested....have to find out if they would fit either a 2015 GSW or 2015 Jetta and make sure the TPMS works the same.
  2. copatdir6

FS: OEM Control Arms

sold, sold, sold
  3. copatdir6

Also, how to you insert images without using a URL/link? I thought we used to be able to do that?
  4. copatdir6

SOLD Does anyone have any interest/need for a set of OEM control arms with attached hardware? I can include a set of Audi TT bushings that I bought a while back but never installed. Not sure what they'd be worth but shoot me an offer (including shipping)....I'd rather see someone who can use...
  5. copatdir6

2003 Jetta Needs a New Clutch

Perfect, thanks....I don't have plans to mod the hell out of the car so I think I'll be happy with the grip. I also tow a slight bit (1000 - 1500 lbs) from time to time and the peace of mind will be well worth it. Good to know....I'll let the local mechanic know that it's there if needed but...
  6. copatdir6

OK, I added the following items as well. - Clutch Install Bolt Set for Mounts (A4) - (I'm hoping this is what I hear about the "stretch bolts")? - CRANKSHAFT SEAL (REAR, W/FLANGE) - VW OEM Part Number: 06A103171A - Clutch Release Lever - VW OEM Part Number: 02J141719C - Guide Sleeve With Seal -...
  7. copatdir6

CANCELLED Impex TDI Fest: Saturday, May 21st, 2016

Thanks for the heads-up. I called and spoke with Shaun who said he's not going to be doing any work in the garage that day. He wants to be part of the "show" and I can't blame him for that. Everyone needs a break from "the office" every now and again.
  8. copatdir6

CANCELLED Impex TDI Fest: Saturday, May 21st, 2016

I've never been to one but would love to come if you guys want to use my car as a guinea pig. I need a new clutch installed and was going to do it locally but would much rather put $$$$ in the hands of fellow TDI enthusiasts if they can use it for demo purposes at the same time. I can also...
  9. copatdir6

Steve, I added these at the time I purchased the clutch kit from idparts.com: 1 x Clutch Release Lever Ball Pin (5-Speed) 1 x Clutch Release Lever Clip (A3)(B4)(A4)(A5 BRM) What fork are you talking about? And are you referring to the Rear Mainshaft Seal (OEM VW OEM Part Number: 06A103171A)...
  10. copatdir6

Ok guys (for those that care), I decided to go with the SBC Stage 2 Daily Clutch Kit w/SMF from idparts.com (great customer service and have had nothing but good experiences with them over the years). I went with the 21lb SMF from SBC just to keep it similar to what I've been used to. The kit...
  11. copatdir6

FS 11mm pump

I'm not really studied up on my injection pumps but what cars/engines will this work in and are they OEM pumps? Brand New? Re-manufactured? Pics? Any additional information would be helpful. Thanks
  12. copatdir6

FS: OEM A/C Compressor

I know this post is old, but believe it or not, I still have this available.....anyone need it for parts? Throw me an offer (plus shipping).
  13. copatdir6

Ok, from the research and postings (thanks guys) I think I'm leaning towards the South Bend Clutch Stage 2 Daily Clutch Kit w/ a Single Mass Flywheel. I got 2 quotes (locally). 1 from a shop that deals a lot with VWs for about $650 and another general repair shop for $550. I've had other work...
  14. copatdir6

Ok, so I got a "quote" from a local shop that works on VWs and they quoted me almost $650 in labor alone. I thought that was a little high.....can anyone let me know if this is reasonable?
  15. copatdir6

Thanks for all the input guys. This is going to be something I'll need done in the next 2-3 months so I've got some time to research. Any time I have to replace parts it just gives me the excuse to put so something in that is better quality than OEM (if possible) and I want to make sure the...
  16. copatdir6

I've got a 2003 Jetta TDI with the OEM clutch that is slipping in 5th and 4th gear under heavy acceleration. It's got a little over 150k miles on it and I figure it's due for a clutch replacement. I do have RCII upgrade on the computer and I do tow with it a good number of times throughout the...
  17. copatdir6

My car gets colder at an idle, and warmer while driving?

I'll also check the coolant....but in my experience, if the reservoir bottle is anywhere low, I get a CEL almost immediately.
  18. copatdir6

My car gets colder at an idle, and warmer while driving?

I can add to this discussion as I am having almost an identical situation (and I don't mean to hi-jack the thread). My situation is, I have a 2003 Jetta TDI. Replaced the thermostat almost a year ago with another OEM one (from IDParts.com) along with the housing. The last few weeks or so, I...
  19. copatdir6

Firm Brake Pedal But No Bite.

Good to know! Thanks.... Figure a quick trip to Harbor Freight to get a box of those. They come in handy for all kinds of projects.