Search results

1. slyk

Rosstech KII-USB cable

Bump. Prefer paypal directly, but willing to list on ebay for +10% to cover those fees. To be clear -- I'm not asking for a paypal gift payment, just a regular payment and I'll eat the fees.
  2. slyk

Rosstech KII-USB cable

Correct, but the software is free to download and it will work just fine -- but if you want to register and get support, then yes, $99 applies.
  3. slyk

Rosstech KII-USB cable

Sold, thanks for looking. . Shipping from central texas. If I don't respond via PM, feel free to email [removed]
  4. slyk

Washing Engine Compartment

I washed mine to get it ready for military shipping overseas (they require the engine compartment to be extremely clean, and zero leaks are permitted which is impossible for an older TDI unless you wash the engine right before driving it there). I did NOT use a pressure washer -- I used a...
  5. slyk

FS: White 2003 Jetta Wagon TDI w/6 speed conversion in Iowa

Pending pick up — first two guys were a no-show, but this one seems like it will move forward. Edit: Car is sold...to another club member and a great guy! Seems like it went to a good home. Sad to see it go, but glad it will stay in the club.
  6. slyk

Bump -- car is still for sale! I'm a little surprised as I had two people ready to buy it a couple of weeks ago but no one has even come to look at it! Edit - pending sale
  7. slyk

2004 Jetta Wagon GLS Manual - Des Moines, Iowa

Congrats! Those who missed out can keep going on I-80 and get mine in Iowa City :P
  8. slyk

Bumping back to the top -- a club member said he'd buy it but then didn't show at the agreed time and stopped answering my calls/texts/PMs. So, back up for sale!
  9. slyk

Oh -- I didn't mean to convey that I have a large amount of knowledge about these cars relative to those on this forum! Just meant that I understood the car well, if something wrong I generally had an idea what to expect or check, and over the years have fixed a lot of different things on these...
  10. slyk

Thanks -- pretty sure I could have held out for a higher price locally, but happy that it will be going to a club member who will appreciate it more. Car is pending. Car is back up for sale due to buyer backing out. Still a little surprised that I'm selling the car and ending an a4/tdi era for...
  11. slyk

Quite a bit of interest locally, but I still have the car. Price adjustment for club members.
  12. slyk

Thanks! It's not perfect, but it's been really solid for me. It was nearly perfect when I got it...but miles and young children are hard on cars! Ha! I never got around to switching it. If you look in the parts photo, the manual brake pedal is included -- I just never got around to cutting the...
  13. slyk

Car is sold I can’t believe I’m selling this car. Selling my 2003 White/Tan TDI Wagon (GLS) with 6 speed manual conversion with full maintenance history since new. Overall this car is in great condition at ~168k miles – you won’t find many like it. I consider it a bit of a unicorn due to the...
  14. slyk

FS in Iowa: Set of 4 Monterey wheels and snow tires (5x100), well used but functional

Asking just $100 for the set. Located in Iowa City, IA. Not wanting to ship, but will if the buyer pays full shipping. All wheels have some degree of pitting, damage, or peeling, but they still work and were in balance when I pulled them off a year ago (I didn't use them this season). Michelin...
  15. slyk

Swaying/wandering from side to side on grooved concrete

That’s what I thought, so I replaced them. Didn’t help, but now I have new rear axle bushings! I think the tires are Firestone champion fuel fighter tires. I bought them in Alaska a few weeks before moving down....so I can’t really go back there. The place was American Tire & Auto, I’ll have to...
  16. slyk

Swaying/wandering from side to side on grooved concrete

My wagon has been "swaying" from side to side for a little over a year now. It's not terrible, but definitely noticeable. I've narrowed it down to it seemingly only happens on grooved concrete, and only with my all-season tires (Firestone champion I think??). I first noticed the problem a little...
  17. slyk

FS: 2004 Jetta Wagon part out Missouri

Shoot, yes -- the upper latch is broken on mine too, which is the only piece I need. For the door -- I'll think about it. I have the same color and am close enough to drive down to get it (Iowa City)...but have to decide if it's worth it to me to swap the door as mine is still working fine.