Search results

1. Vectorer

Clock Spring Failures in 2015s

It seems that MANY of us who own 2015s are experiencing clock springs failures at about 2.5-3 years of service. My son's failed earlier this week. No warranty. This is no different from the clock spring failures of the 2012, 2013, & 2014 model years with the exception that VW is not...
  2. Vectorer

Beetle Convertible eval

MOTORWEEK will evaluate the 2013 VW Beetle Convertible during their 5/28 broadcast on Velocity Channel at 8PM ET. Should be interesting...
  3. Vectorer

FS/Michigan: 2003 JettaWagen GLS TDI 5-speed...

For Sale: Plainwell, Michigan Mrs. V’s 2003 JettaWagen GLS TDI 5-speed. Reflex Silver. Original owner. We bought it new 07/03 off the Betten lot in Grand Rapids. Last of the ALHs. 138K miles, mostly highway. · Never wrecked/hit. · Everything works. Air blows...
  4. Vectorer

Anybody want some WVO?

Fer free! Come and get it...about 15 gals. All veggie oil, mostly peanut. Let me know...
  5. Vectorer

Do Not Try This At Home!

Yesterday, whilst visiting JETTAH for the 100K TB transplant on Mrs. V's Jettawagen I, ignorantly, slammed the drivers door on his VAGCOM cable... :eek: What the hell was I thinking? Don't ask cause I don't know... Fortunately for me, Marty was too cool and Uwe must use MIL-SPEC cable which can...
  6. Vectorer

Buy Fuel @ Meijer's Lately?

Yesterday at our local Meijer's here in Plainwell, I found that their new payment procedure is to pre-pay 24/7 at the diesel pumps. Of course, these pumps are the furthest from the cash register. If one wants to top-off, this involves 2 round trips. Meijer says that drive-off have been a...
  7. Vectorer

VAGCOM in Grand Rapids?

I can't remember if anybody in Grand Rapids has VAGCOM...An old HS pal is in the middle of a TB change on his '98 Jetta and will need some help resetting his timing. I just found out that he started the job not knowing all that is required to be swapped-out. If there is an available VAGCOM in...
  8. Vectorer

ULSD in SW Lower Michigan

The BP truckstop at Exit 44 of US-131 is pumping ULSD. I spoke with one of the owners of that station last week. He said that what's coming out of his pumps right now would not past muster for ULSD due to residual LSD. They have been topping-off with ULSD since mid-July so as to eventually flush...
  9. Vectorer

Took the Plunge...

...late today. '06 Jetta TDI 5-speed, Pkg. Uno, carrier bars, silver tails, X-M, Monsters, diamond in the back, sunroof top, diggin' the scene with the gangsta' lean, woooo-oooo! Whoops...got a wee bit carried away there. No lean, not much bling, and no precious stones. Eldest son has the Bora...
  10. Vectorer

Don't you just hate it when...

Don\'t you just hate it when... ...you snap off an IP sprocket bolt while attempting to get that timing value just right after you've lost count of your attempts? Mind you, it's not a stretch bolt, but one of the newer ones. I torqued that sucker one too many times when it let go. I'm...
  11. Vectorer

B&W?

Has anybody done a B&W Jetta? My Dad had a B&W Plymouth bought new when I was a kid. As I recall, not too many passed us on the freeway. Below is my quickie rendition of what it might look like... Rad or rank?
  12. Vectorer

MotorWeek will road test...

the new Jetta Mk.V on their next show. Check your local listings.
  13. Vectorer

MotorWeek on SPEED TV...

...promises a road test of the Jetta Mk.V for the week of 4/8/05. This should be worth watching...check here for further info about your local listings.
  14. Vectorer

Kalamazoo B20 Pump! ! !

As of this morning, Ridderman & Sons Oil, those good folk who brought in the B100 tanker to the 2004 TDI-Club HondoFest, have opened a B20 pump at their BP truck stop. Steve Ridderman said last night that the plan is to operate this pump thru 'til fall to see how well it sells... Their B20...
  15. Vectorer

CBS News stories tonight...

Last night's teaser for tonight's (2/8) CBS Evening News showed 2 items of interest. First, a report about unintentional airbag deployments...showing the rear of an A4 Golf in the footage. Last, a Biodiesel story featuring Willie Nelson. That is all...
  16. Vectorer

Mobil T&SUV available in Michigan

FWIW: Yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised to, AT LAST, see Mobil Truck & SUV 5w40 at my local Wally-World here in Scenic Allegan County. The going rate is $4.77 a quart. The guy stocking the shelf in the Oil Dept. said that they will continue to stock this oil until further notice. Go get...
  17. Vectorer

PBS MotorWeek: 9/24/04

This week's edition of PBS MotorWeek (show #2404) saw Pat Goss review a new product to remove intake manifold gunk specifically for VW pre-PD TDI engines. It consisted of, what appeared to be, 2 chemical injectors and a metal auger. He stated that this is being marketed by BG Products. That...
  18. Vectorer

Anyone seen this badge?

This badge looks like it belongs to the model not available to USA buyers. It's new at Impex here.
  19. Vectorer

Rough Running - Hesitating...

A problem from a new member… 2001 Jetta 5-speed. Bought used just after 60K. Dealer service department suggests TB change so… After TB change…she’s not running like she used to. Engine stumbles/hesitates between 2200RPM and 3000RPM and pulls poorly…the snap our new member was used to is...
  20. Vectorer

The FAQ...

0 for 1...one more time. Let's agree that newbies go to the FAQ for BD info... The FAQ is embarrasingly lacking in information about TDIs burning BD. What little BD info exists on the FAQ page, which has been there unamended for years, does not help newbies with their basic BD questions...