Search results

1. Vectorer

Best year Passat TDI to purchase & skinny on extended warranty on Buy Back Work Done

We sold Mrs. V's 2012 Sportwagen and my 2015 Passat SE back to VWOA during Dieselgate. After a couple of years of driving a 2013 Fender Beetle 6M chipped out to 261hp, last June I found a 2015 Passat SEL TDI Premium CPO car with low miles and I couldn't refuse. No regrets. One of my sons...
  2. Vectorer

Clock Spring Failures in 2015s

Good news...VWOA replaced the clock spring, gratis, as per the Dieselgate settlement w/USDOJ. Thanks for the response. :D
  3. Vectorer

Clock Spring Failures in 2015s

It seems that MANY of us who own 2015s are experiencing clock springs failures at about 2.5-3 years of service. My son's failed earlier this week. No warranty. This is no different from the clock spring failures of the 2012, 2013, & 2014 model years with the exception that VW is not...
  4. Vectorer

How long after buyback closing is a bank loan paid off?

Is there a notable difference in time from turn-in until remittance for those with clean titles when compared to those with liens to clear? A pal turned in his TDI locally last Thursday (1/26) at 1500L. Clean title; no note. EFT completed early this morn (1/30).
  5. Vectorer

No more Diesel for US from VW

One can only hope that VWAG's long term reaction to this debacle does not resemble that of General Motors after their 350cu diesel disaster from decades ago. VW's engineering is sound in comparison to when GM slapped diesel heads on a gasser and declared, "Voila! It's a diesel!". It wasn't...
  6. Vectorer

90 day clock dosen't start yet

All of the "required documents" for both of our TDIs were submitted on 9/29. They are still "under review". Mrs. V and I are keeping both. The complete maintenance histories of both are well known to us as I purchased both TDIs new. Only 50K & 17K miles on the clocks, respectively. Both...
  7. Vectorer

VW TDI goodwill package: Offers $500 Visa cards & $500 dealer credits to TDI owners

Request made on 11/13. Both packages arrived yesterday morn (12/8). I'm dreaming of a Green Christmas...and a NOx-ious New Year! ;)
  8. Vectorer

Beetle Convertible eval

MOTORWEEK will evaluate the 2013 VW Beetle Convertible during their 5/28 broadcast on Velocity Channel at 8PM ET. Should be interesting...
  9. Vectorer

Feeler for this summer's Mid-Michigan GTG - July 27th

Pedro: All you do is show up at a GTG. If you need work done on yours, it should be coordinated in advance. At Marty's, workspace is at a premium with the amount cars that usually show up. The hat is passed to help support Marty & Sandy's always excellent effort. Bringing a dish to pass...
  10. Vectorer

Any Club Members in W. Michigan?

Congrats, Kirk. Good luck with the move... Such a wonderful time of year to do that. lol Could be worse...when Deb & I moved here from Duluth (this is for you, Lew!) on 1/29/85 as our convoy pulled out of town the bank thermometer was showing -29F...in the shade! North Plainwell here near...
  11. Vectorer

TDD In-Depth Review of VW Beetle Convertible TDI

Good catch, Marcus. Thanks for putting it up. This model is sooooooo tempting. Some retro paint options would be cool. Probably, have to go custom for that. And they said, years ago, that VW would never market a TDI ragtop in NA. HA! Bring it on!
  12. Vectorer

New Volkswagen Beetle Convertible opens up

How 'bout some nice SPY-PICS of the New-New Ragtop? Dunno if these are posted elsewhere. http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/02/2013-volkswagen-beetle-convertible-fully-revealed-in-spy-photos.html http://garagecar.blogspot.com/2011/11/volkswagen-beetle-convertible-2013-spy.html...
  13. Vectorer

Mid Michigan GTG -- June 23rd -- Fowlerville, MI 48836

3 cheers for S & M! Wait a sec...that didn't come out right. Once again, another great GTG with weather that will never be better. Thank you, Sandy & Marty, for your Michigan hospitality and for tolerating all of us one more time. p.s...did anybody get a pic of Lodo? I'm attempting a...
  14. Vectorer

FS/Michigan: 2003 JettaWagen GLS TDI 5-speed...

Looks like we have a deal with a forum member here. Thanks all, for looking. V
  15. Vectorer

Here ya go... Here is the dent on top of the left pax door windowsill. This is the only rust on the vehicle. A bubble started above the left front fender. One recent paintchip about half the size of a raisin. Injection timing (taken 5/5/12) Top of the...
  16. Vectorer

Working on it. On duty today...
  17. Vectorer

For Sale: Plainwell, Michigan Mrs. V’s 2003 JettaWagen GLS TDI 5-speed. Reflex Silver. Original owner. We bought it new 07/03 off the Betten lot in Grand Rapids. Last of the ALHs. 138K miles, mostly highway. · Never wrecked/hit. · Everything works. Air blows...
  18. Vectorer

Audi TT Diesel?

>Five and half years later and still waiting for one of these. Couldn't wait any longer. Bought one last summer from R90SKirk's nephew. Sweet ride!
  19. Vectorer

06 Jetta Intermittent "road" noise

All of your wheel bolts torqued? Good place to start eliminating possibilities.
  20. Vectorer

Anybody want some WVO?

Fer free! Come and get it...about 15 gals. All veggie oil, mostly peanut. Let me know...