Search results

1. rear spring 2

rear spring 2

2. rear spring 1

rear spring 1

3. M

A4 Jetta rear spring

Does someone know if the rear springs should be have a small coil at the top and bottom of the spring? I'm doing the rear bushings and when the springs popped out one side was small on the top and bottom and the other side was small on the top and big on the bottom. Thanks, Mark vs.
  4. M

Injector Flow Rate

Sorry, I didn't ask the right question. I'd like to know how much diesel flows through the stock .184 injectors with the stock fuel pump at max load. And is max load determined by how far the accelerator pedal is pressed or is it a combination of that and RPM? Thanks,
  5. M

Injector Flow Rate

Does anybody know the flow rate of .184mm injectors with a stock fuel pump? Thanks
  6. M

need help, car won't start 99.5 Jetta

so now he explained that he is going to look in the solenoid to see if he can free it up himself.
  7. M

and the relay did draw current
  8. M

yeah he jumped 12 volts straight to the solenoid relay and it did not actuate. therefore he said it was the solenoid
  9. M

k, he ran the test and it does appear to be the solenoid. Therefore, the next step is finding a replacement. Any suggestions?
  10. M

my husband now thinks it is the solenoid and he is testing it now...I looked on TDIparts.com but could not find a replacement solenoid. Does anyone know where I could get this part (assuming the test confirms that it is the solenoid)?
  11. M

my husband also wanted me to ask where the starter relay is and if there is an ignition diagram anywhere.
  12. M

5 speed.
  13. M

It isn't the battery, and we checked all the fuses. It won't do anything when we turn the key and the starter doesn't do anything. There is a glow plug harness problem that my husband hasn't fixed yet but that wouldn't cause the car to not start at all, correct? The glow plug light still comes...
  14. M

personal license plates

lol, that was a great Seinfeld episode!!!
  15. M

Quick little weekend......

the little town that you got onto 539 at is probably Bellingham (where I live) : )
  16. M

Phily (PA) to Bellingham (WA) 2942.18 miles!!!!!

lol....too funny...now I gotta get another one. :p There are a few other things I am going to try to get at a salvage yard for my car, not a big deal. ;)
  17. M

power loss 99.5 Jetta TDI manual

Well, that solved the problem. It was the "anti-shudder actuator" thing. Now the car is working great. Still gonna clean out the intake manifold of course though. yeahhhhhh mystery solved!!
  18. M

150000 miles, no CEL, unsure of "how much boosting" when it "waves" and the power kicks on, the RPMs don't go up very much (like 100 or 200 on the gauge). I am sure that the intake manifold needs cleaning which I plan on doing (just have to get the time) but would that really cause a "waving"...
  19. M

is that what that broken piece I took pictures of is called? (sorry to sound so blonde) If it is that would make sense that it might be my problem. When Mark saw that it was broken he made it line up which might be why I was ok going to work that morning but then perhaps it came apart again...
  20. M

ok, so it did it again on my way home. I would have it in 4th and at 3200rpm there would be a power loss (my foot is on the floor btw) then keeping my foot on the floor, the power waves on and off a few seconds on a few seconds off.