Search results

1. G

A "What's it Worth" Thread

I've been thinking the same things of late. But Ted said, I would have to pay a higher price for another vehicle, or a new vehicle if I can find one. But there just isn't anything that compares to the GSW in my opinion, unless I can find, say, a CRV Hybrid which probably won't happen for an...
  2. G

A "What's it Worth" Thread

Yep, it is pretty crazy how much prices have risen, that 26k is more or equal to what it would have sold for as a new stop-sale TDI in 2017. But that is a good price in this year with mileage low like that.
  3. G

Love my GSW TDI but is it time to sell it?

We ended up buying a Pilot so I am keeping my GSW for the near future. Even just short trips for now are still more enjoyable than most alternatives. I just wish it had the MIB2 system with Android auto.
  4. G

Eww, no CVT for me either. Part of this also hinges on what my wife decides to do with her old 2006 Mazda5. Initially she did not want to drive a big vehicle but she may be coming around. I may wait to see what she decides she wants...if she wants some SUV type, I would consider the Alltrack...
  5. G

Thanks for your replies fellas. It's frustrating trying to decide what I'd buy and finding it. It seems like all used car prices are high. I may consider an Alltrack, that at least has AWD and wagons are not as in demand as SUVs nowadays. I would just wait it out but I think of I decide to...
  6. G

Oh yes, I do monitor re-gen whilst driving, and if it is happening I will usually continue to drive until it finishes. Not always am I able to do so though. They occur about every 180-200 mi. but that just loads more ash over time. I have not yet had phase 2 fix, where I would get a new DPF...
  7. G

Hello community! I haven't posted anything in a while, but I've been reading posts and trying to keep up with the TDI world. I have a dilemma, figured this is a good place to process my thoughts with like-minded people who can get where I'm coming from (my wife is not interested in car talk, as...
  8. G

Touareg for towing: 2011 with 75k miles or 2014 with 135k miles?

I Have been thinking also about the Touareg, it checks all our boxes too. I saw a lady camping a few weeks ago with a 2012 with 135k and she towed a nice size airstream up into the NM mountains with no trouble. She’s had hers for a year and hasn’t had any problems with it. That made me start...
  9. G

2015 SportWagen Issue

ZippyNH may be on to something. Was your 2015 SportWagen one that sat for a few years until VW's fix was approved and it could be sold? I recall one of which had been stored on a grass lot and it had obvious damage from critters chewing on wires. Maybe yours was like this and the damage was...
  10. G

new leftover 2015 Passat SE TDI...value?

This is a good point. Also, Unless you will really just love having a diesel, or need it for the benefits it offers to commuters, you could get a new Passat for pretty close to what this one would be discounted as, and it has much newer tech and features.
  11. G

Dead Dead Dead

That’s good news Grigg. I think a lot of us who bought new 15s last spring/summer may run into this. I was getting worried, thank you for updating us.
  12. G

Free scheduled maintence

Bobby, I also had a slightly misguided dealer response to my 10k last week. They mentioned the charge for the service and I told the, the first service is free. Hey said they ask sales about it, to see if that was part of the sale. I called back later to schedule it and the service Mgr wasn’t...
  13. G

Neat features you wouldn't have noticed...

I miss the flip-down sunglasses holder from above. Now I use that drawer for that but stashing other things under the seat is not as good.
  14. G

New to us

Congrats to you on your new purchase. I have loved my GSW for over 6 mo. We are in a similar place, our 06 Mazda5 is still going and our GSW has pretty much taken over most of the Mazda’s tasks except hauling 6 people. It had been our camping and road trip car over our 2010 TDI but this wagon...
  15. G

Regen Cycle

My input on this topic is this: I see on my 2015 regens every 230 - 300 miles, depending I guess on how much highway driving I do. The last regen was closer to 225 miles because my wife drove it for a few weeks with rarely any highway trips, only short trips to school and back with the kids...
  16. G

VW TDI goodwill package: Offers $500 Visa cards & $500 dealer credits to TDI owners

I have a related story to the re-issue of the card. I had one of these dealer only VISA cards that expired in January. I called in May to ask if they could re-issue it or extend it and they said that they could not because the goodwill program ended in April. Had I called before 4/30 they...
  17. G

Monitoring EGT

Using Torque Pro with OBDLink LX as well, all the PIDs that I had mapped to my 2010 work on the 2015 GSW. Sportwagen3, how did you get the light on the Torque display to activate? I had at one time an alarm set but that no longer trips when the temp > 1100F.
  18. G

Biodiesel as a Fuel Additive

My driving seems to include a fair portion of stop and go, but last evening I stopped with about 1 gal remaining, to fill up with diesel at a nearby truck travel centre. I thought it was B5, butit turns out that this station uses B10, according to the clerk who actually checked on this fact...
  19. G

Found a nice app to monitor DPF.

I did have one set, but it doesn't seem to trigger anymore. I have not been able to figure out why.
  20. G

Found a nice app to monitor DPF.

FWIW, when I got my GSW with the Gen3, I see that Torque Pro seems to read the same PIDs as it had on my CJAA. I also got yelled at a road trip this summer by the wife, they cannot seem to understand our need to be connected to our cars I suppose. Once setup (before the drive begins) it is no...