Search results

1. Jetta Sport wagon TDI badged.

Jetta Sport wagon TDI badged.

2. Frank TDI

2010 Jetta Hid Kit Installation Issues

HID lamp install I have been running HID replacement lights since I got my 2009 Jetta TDI wagon. On very few occasions have I had anyone flash their lights at me. They have improved my night vision greatly. That includes the sides of the road. I did make a slight adjustment to the height of the...
  3. Frank TDI

2009 Jetta Wagon Compass Issue

Compass problem Thanks for all the responses. The problem was the module being 90 degrees off. Rotated it 90 degrees and it works fine now. :D
  4. Frank TDI

back to the dealer tomorrow. Tried again to calibrate, still 90 degrees off. We will see what the dealer can do about the problem.
  5. Frank TDI

Compass problem 2009 Jetta TDI Sportwagen. When I try to calibrate the compass by driving in a circle as directed a message comes up stating that it can only be done in the stationary mode. That absolutely makes no sense. I unplugged the module and waited 15 minutes and plugged it back in with...
  6. Frank TDI

2010 TDI golf confirmed for North America

VW has to be the most mis-managed automobile company when it comes to marketing. Why would you stop making a vehicle that you CAN'T keep on the lot. Isn't that the purpose of making a product, to sell it? I'm waiting delivery of a 2009 Jetta sportwagen. I had to eliminate the Nav system. I was...
  7. Frank TDI

Wanted parts for injector pump

Thanks Contact diesel service on Portland, they sell them for not too much $. Contacted Mike and gave him the pump numbers and the part is on the way. If you need parts for injector pumps contact him at: mike@D-F-I-S.com or call 503-235-1947. Thanks again for the referral. :)
  8. Frank TDI

Wanted parts for injector pump

Looking for pressure relief valve(injector pump) 1999-2002 VW TDI. 1.9 liter.
  9. Frank TDI

How long the wait for a TDI sportwagen

I have placed an order for a Jetta TDI sportwagen, 6 spd stick, nav system. Anyone have one of these yet? Dealer does not know when I can expect delivery. Looks like there are plenty of Jettas sedans.
  10. Frank TDI

Definitive Battery Thread???

Thanks Dana . I heard that they make a really good battery and they are made here in the USA.
  11. Frank TDI

Definitive Battery Thread???

Interstate MTP-91 Looking at all the specs, the Interstate MTP-91 looks like the closest match both in size and capacity. Has anyone used this battery? I have two vehicles that need battery replacement. 1- 1997 Jetta TDI and # 2- 1999 Golf TDI. I measured the battery compartment and it looks...
  12. Frank TDI

Really stumped

JCK66, Thanks, that was very useful. Still trying to figuire the problem out. Removed the input pipe from the turbo and started the engine. The turbo DOES turn but has NO boost at all. Will try to pressureize the blue line instead of vacumm. This is a rebuilt turbo from VWparts.com . They seem...
  13. Frank TDI

Really stumped

Still does NOT explain why I have NO boost at all. Is there a way to kjeep the waste gate closed to test the turbo? I have applied 18 lbs vacumm to the blue line going to the waste gate with no results. Could a turbo go bad in just two days? Anyone one else with this problem. I'm going to put...
  14. Frank TDI

Really stumped

Replaced the turbo on my son's 1997 Jetta TDI. Removed a garrett and replace with a KKK. The original turbo had a stuck waste gate. The new turbo work for a day or two and then I have NO boost at all. Checked the N75 vacuum relay ( did a sub with a known good one) no help. I have checked for a...
  15. Frank TDI

Verdict on installing a 2.0 MAF

The gas MAF has NOT failed yet. The way you know your maf is on the way out without Vag-com is to rev the vehicle through the gears. When you get into 3rd and 4th the rpms will NOT climb like they did in 1st and 2nd. It seems to be slow in the climb to 4400. When I replaced the TDI maf with the...
  16. Frank TDI

NO horn beep on lock

Re: NO horn beep on lock MaryP, Right on the button. Removed and then re-installed the radio. Click and it was working again. When they put it back it was NOT fully seated. Thanks for the help!!!
  17. Frank TDI

NO horn beep on lock

Re: NO horn beep on lock Thanks, but you show see that a door is ajar. My wagon rear hatch is that way . When I don't give it a good slam it will not lock. I think it is the radio but will have to see my friend at the dealership. It needs 4 of those keys to remove the radio, the monsoon with...
  18. Frank TDI

NO horn beep on lock

Re: NO horn beep on lock mjbach , didn't you get an indicator on your dash panel that the trunk was not closed? When my trunk does not lock it shows up on the dash panel.
  19. Frank TDI

NO horn beep on lock

Re: NO horn beep on lock Will try the radio, it has been recently replaced with a new( software ) updated one.