Search results

1. M

Warranty under question with Vet box

This situation is unbelievable. My husband is a large animal veterinarian and has several trucks in his business with Bowie Vet units on the back. The truck in question right now is a Dodge Ram 3500 with Cummings diesel engine. The truck is having an issue with the heat/air fan and one of...
  2. M

Info on a used 2006 Jetta

I know it's a long shot, but just wondering if anyone in the Baltimore area knows anything about this car? My brother-in-law is interested. TIA :D...
  3. M

Wierd Electrical Gremlin with Sunroof

This has happened to me about three times now. Scares the daylights out of me. For no reason, at no warning, my sunroof will open on it's own. I have no other electrical problems that I know of and no coolant wicking into my wiring, that I can tell. Any ideas?
  4. M

Gardentender---Rest In Peace

I just got word that Gardentender (John Cox) from Dallas, TX and a long time TDIClub member, passed away yesterday from a battle with cancer. His humor and wit was always enjoyed on this site and he never let it go, even at the end. His last wish was that any memorials be exchanged for care...
  5. M

Resonance(noise) at 1800 RPM

I have a strange resonance at 1800 RPMs specifically. I'm wondering if it could be related to the turbo because it sounds like an exhaust noise of some sort. The noise started right after getting car back from having my right passenger axle replaced because of a bad CV joint. The guy that did...
  6. M

Moving Threads

I'm really finding it hard to follow threads with them being moved so much, especially out of General VW Discussion. What's the big deal if someone posts a question "did they pay too much", or the "VW dealer test drove my car", etc? If you're going to move it can you at least tell us where to...
  7. M

BP in Raleigh Area Ending Biodiesel Sales

Was sad to see that a Raleigh area BP station which was among the first to start selling BioD, is ending sales after the current tank is gone. I was in town and specifically stopped there because I knew they sold Bio. Didn't see any sign for it and asked the clerk. She didn't know why, but...
  8. M

Changing Degrees and minutes to fractions

I have the info for correct wheel alignment for my 2002 Jetta, but the specs are in degrees and minutes. Does anyone know how to convert those spects to inches for doing a manual measurement? TIA
  9. M

Black Paint---are Uni and Schwarz the Same

I just got some black paint to touch up an area on my bumper and it says it is Schwarz Black. Is that the same as Uni Black? (perhaps schwarz is German for black?).
  10. M

B20 Pump in Salisbury, NC

Just found out about a B20 pump that opened up last fall in Salisbury, NC. Through a state grant Penn Mart offers B20 at the same price as regular diesel. (actually, it was a few cents less!). http://www.biodiesel.org/buyingbiodiesel/retailfuelingsites/showstate.asp?st=NC I think there is...
  11. M

Frosted, Icy Windshield

OK, I know this may be a stupid question for someone that's had her car for three years now, but this just occured to me last night as I had to leave work at midnight for the first time with a icy windshield. My car is always parked in my garage in the mornings, so I have never had to scrape...
  12. M

Ran Over a Large Rock! Damage?????

Hubby and I were on our way back from a nice Valentine's Day dinner tonight. Drove the back roads on the way home. BAM! Ran over a large rock or piece of wood. I thought it was a dead critter and I would clear it, but obviously it wasn't and I didn't! We looked under the car when we...
  13. M

Question for 2003 Monsoon Radio Owners

Does the word "Monsoon" come up on the 2003's HU when you turn the radio on? I had my 2002 Monsoon HU replaced last month because it died several times. The new 2003 unit sounds crappy and no longer says "Monsoon" when I turn it on. Someone told me it no longer does in the new 2003...
  14. M

Update on 2002 Monsoon "Dead Radio Syndrome"

Update on 2002 Monsoon \"Dead Radio Syndrome\" OK, back to give an update on this issue. My radio died again today. I took it into the dealer (did NOT pull the fuse) and asked them to find the TSB(91-02-01). After a little hedging they agreed. After investigating the codes, the dealer did give...
  15. M

White Jetta at new office building in Matthews, NC

I've been seeing a white Jetta TDI at a new office building near me in Matthews, NC. Anybody here?
  16. M

Interesting Thread on VWoA from Vortex

Interesting thread that gave me some insite to the workings of VWoA. In particular, read Jamie's post (vwvortex1) halfway down the page. http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=663139
  17. M

FPPF Fuel Power

After reading the long thread on fuel additives, I decided to look for Primrose or FPPF additive. I have been using Stanadyne, but after all the reading, I have to agree with George and Ted and others on this one. Anyway, found FPPF Fuel Power at local truckstop and got it home before I...
  18. M

Winter Diesel

Does anyone know if there is a cutoff for southern states that use/don't use winter diesel? I just filled up a few weeks ago here in NC and have a noticeable drop in mileage (47 to 44). I am guessing it is because of winterized fuel, but not sure. I can easily get fuel in SC if it's not...
  19. M

HELP! golf front emblem can't detach

Re: HELP! golf front emblem can\'t detach <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's hiding with the little pink pin from the HU cassette that many have lost doing the wiring switch!
  20. M

Am I Imagining This?

Don't know exactly how to describe this strange event that just started happening(or that I just noticed). It is somewhat of a humming vibration that I "feel/hear/notice" in the front end and I think on the driver's side. It has a distinct rythm of about 120/minute and I only notice it at...