Search results

1. E

FS: 2006 Pkg 2 Jetta 5spd w/XM Central FL

This thursday I will be finding out the fate of my left wrist. I've already been diagnosed with Arthritis due to an old injury that didn't properly heal and it's possible I have some tendon damage there too. Depending or the results of the MRI I either will have to deal with this for the rest of...
  2. E

'05.5-'06.5 Jetta FAQ/DIY

Ok, I'm going to try to do this a little better than I have in the past but bear with me... Let me know what you guys want to see in here if I miss something :) How to search the forums -> http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=133579 FAQ: Timing Belt Change Interval? ->...
  3. E

So my 20k service didn't go as planned...

I swung by the dealer yesterday and picked up air, pollen, & oil filters and a drain plug (don't sell just the crush washer anymore *** :confused: ). Anywho... I get home today and run up on the ramps to change the oil. I did notice that the underbelly panel is alot easier to manage than on the...
  4. E

Have a CarFax Request? Read here first...

I know many like the sharing of CarFax information and I even had a sticky thread to consolodate the abundant requests but please know this: The distribution of CarFax reports is against the user agreement the purchaser accepts to use the service and is thus not allowed on the forums to clear us...
  5. E

I Do Not Have Carfax!

Please stop sending me requests for a Carfax... I never had the service and never will. If you actually read my Carfax thread you would know this. I am not longer replying to requests stating this because I'm tired of it.
  6. E

FS: 2004.5 Passat GLS TDI Wagon

SOLD: 2004.5 Passat GLS TDI Wagon SOLD In a shocking turn of events my folks consolodated their Tacoma and the Passat into a new Pilot and now have the Passat up for sale. It's a white/grey '04.5 GLS with the leather/wood package, ESP, etc. plus 35%/25% fornt/rear tint which is legal for FL...
  7. E

Infinity Basslink T, Cables, & XM Radio

I had an Infinity Basslink T in my Civic because the sound system in that car sucked. It's pretty nice but it won't blow out windows. It comes with the power cables I used and an XM Roady radio. First $200 + shipping gets it :)...
  8. E

2.Slow Cat

Could someone with ETKA access lookup part numbers to a cat, bolts and gaskets for replacing a cat on a 2000 Jetta 2.0? I'm assuming its a one piece deal from the manifold to the exhaust pipe... :confused: TIA :cool:
  9. E

What's with all the randomly locked threads?

I just noticed when checking my thread that it was locked... And a bunch of others seem to be locked for no reason :confused:
  10. E

It's that time of year again... Anyone want to help propse a Fest?

Hey guys and gals, I've asked this before with mixed results in the past but I am convinced that Central Florida could be a great place to host a TDIFest. There are many pros and cons with timing and location but I think the Fest would be greatly successful being so close to so many family...
  11. E

Rough starts and belt squeeks???

Has anyone had issues with rough starts? Not just long starts but really rough ones? I drove my mom's Passat today and it started up really rough which flagged me that something might not be quite right. She also has some belt squeeks... I thought these had only one belt like the A4s but was...
  12. E

Issue #1 discovered

4600 miles and issue #1 has popped up... Seems about right for me. I swapped TDIs with my folks today so they could swing by the dealer and do the 5k service before our run up to the fest. When they tried to open the hood they discovered that the release mechanism was broken. They were able to...
  13. E

Kinda car related... Just gotta vent... (long)

We were out running errands today, wrapping up at Walmart and heading home. We pulled out of the parking lot on to SR 441 right behind a Silver 1st gen Expedition that was passing the entrance. At first I thought I saw this lady driving the Expedition swerve a little erradicaly but it became...
  14. E

Removing parcel shelf...

Before I even ask on the vortex... Does anyone have some instructions on removing the parcel shelf? I've tried the shortcut way of getting the sat radio out and it's reached the point where I'll spend less time now trying to get it out the right way if I can... :( TIA
  15. E

Now I've gone and done it...

Next week I'll be the proud owner of a 2006 5spd Black/Anthracite Pkg 2 w/Sirius. My wife thinks I'm crazy to trade already but at least she didn't say no ;) My Civic is a great car and all but all the things I thought I'd be ok living without finally pushed me over the edge... Never should...
  16. E

Looking at the A5s and have a few quick Qs

Hi folks... I'm looking at buying the fifth TDI to replace my Civic which is lacking in a few luxury areas (leather heated seats, lumbar support, dual zone climate control, quieter ride, built in XM, etc.)... I took one for a spin on Saturday (I have no internet at home :mad: hence the delayed...
  17. E

Load CD... ???

Well another fopah seems to have developed on my mums the Passat... The radio is constanly making a grinding noise every couple of minutes when the weather is cooler. When you look at the radio is says LOAD CD when the noise is going on (even when turned off). Took it into the dealer and they...
  18. E

So here's the idea...

So here\'s the idea... For the last week or so I've been thinking alot about hybrid cars and am starting to research an idea I've had for quite a while. Some of the pitfalls I see for hybrids include: -Use of a gasoline engine -Use of an automotive engine -Use of electric assist or combination...
  19. E

WTB: 04/05 Passat 15" Alloy Wheel

WTB: 04/05 Passat 15\" Alloy Wheel This morning I curbed rashed my very first wheel on the car I'm selling no less... I can probably swap it with one from my mom's TDI for the sale but I need to find a replacement. Anyone have one they're looking to part with? TIA
  20. E

FS 2004.5 Passat GLS Wagon ** SOLD**

SOLD I'm contemplating selling the Passat while the market is up and leasing an appliance for a while to save a few hundred $$$s/mo (baby on the way)... I don't drive nearly as much as I used to, about 12k/yr, and my wife's vehicle (whatever she ends up with, not a VW) will be our family car...