Search results

1. Rydogx13

Gauges went wacky

The other day leaving work I looked at the gauges and the first thing I noticed is that the temp. was already warming up:confused: (impossible). I got to the first stop light and noticed that my speed was showing about 5mph when I was stopped.:eek: I just filled up, but the fuel gauge showed...
  2. Rydogx13

Air bag light

My Air bag light came on today. Vag-Com says; 01218 side airbag igniter passenger side n200 32-10 resistance too high intermittent I cleared the code and It was fine for a few starts, but now it's back and comes right back on after I clear it. Where should I be looking? My wife is afraid to...
  3. Rydogx13

Timing Jumping around Graph

Checked my timing today and it was in spec, but jumping between 49 & 53 on the graph. The motor was fully warmed up, but Vag-Com said it was not warm enough. Any idea what might cause this? IP bolts are tight and belt is tracking fine. No driveability issues, just decided to check it after...
  4. Rydogx13

Anyone painted interrior?

The "soft touch" coating on my interrior panels is starting to come off so I removed the center console pcs and stripped it all off. It looks much better now but got kinda scratched up. I'm tempted to try to paint it with Krylon fusion but I don't know how it will hold up. Has anyone tried this?
  5. Rydogx13

Widest tire that will fit a golf?

I recently bought a set of 16" GTI wheels for my 99.5 Golf, but the tires are shot. Using this tire size calculator it looks like the closest to stock diameter is a 205/55/16 (which is already mounted) or a 225/50/16. http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html Does anyone know if 225/50/16's will...
  6. Rydogx13

Boost Leak?

I have been getting a strange high pitched whistling sound under hard accel lately. It's not all the time, but seems to be getting worse. Sometimes it's short and sometimes it's long. It does seem to be worse under load when the car is full of people or up a big hill when I really push it to the...
  7. Rydogx13

Bellingham WA Beetle Rally

Bellingham WA Beetle Rally this Sun. Sept. 16th Keith Cox in Bellingham is organizing a beetle rally and food drive. This is where we bought our TDI and it was the best car buying experience I have ever had. He is a great, honest salesman and I would recomend him to anyone looking for a used...
  8. Rydogx13

WTB black interrior MK4 Golf

I'm looking for black interrior pieces for a 2dr Golf. I currently have tan and want to change over to black. Already have seats and rear side panels. I have front door panels from a GTI that won't work(I have manual windows), if someone needs them! -Ryan
  9. Rydogx13

Will GTI seats fit in a TDI?

I found a good deal on leather seats out of a GTI that is the same year as our TDI, which is a 2dr also. These should fit, right?:confused: How about the door panels, are they the same? -Ryan
  10. Rydogx13

Looking for seat latch for 2dr golf(pics)

Does anyone have an old seat out of a 2dr golf that I can get this latch out of? It has broken and the seat won't stay down now.:( It's the passenger side. I might be interested in a pair of newer ones in a dark color or leather if anyone has any for a good price. thanks -Ryan
  11. Rydogx13

Golf rear hatch won't unlock

The lock actuator on my rear hatch stopped working.:( Is there a fuse somewhere I can check? I can hear the relay under the dash click when I press the fob or the door switch, so I think the relay is O.K. I took the rear panel off and everything apperars O.K., nothing disconected. The only way...
  12. Rydogx13

Lots of TDI's up here!

I live here in the great NW and there are more TDI's than I can count. Can see one everyday if you look. I guess this is not normal:confused: Even with Tdi's all around I still know I'm privlidged!:cool: Don't ever take your TDI for granted, I've heard they can bite!:mad:
  13. Rydogx13

Doc-M saved my car from imminent death!

This is kind of a long story, but the only way to tell it! My car was due for it's second timing belt change, actually third (longer story), and I was contimplating doing this one myself but didn't feel 100% comfortable. So I took a shot in the dark and posted a thread looking for a Guru in my...
  14. Rydogx13

Could my timing be 180deg. out?

I checked my timing with the Vag-Com today and it said it was too advanced to be ploted on graph! In basic settings, the value in field 2(timing) said 255! Is this really bad?
  15. Rydogx13

Theoretical Glow Plug question

In theory, can a TDI at temps above 40deg, start and run without glow plugs? Say they were completely removed and capped off! Is this possible? co-worker says no! I say yes!
  16. Rydogx13

Group 004 Vag #'s way off

Got ahold of a Vag today and ran a few tests. I don't think this is normal. Our car has always cranked for a long time before it starts(5yrs) New battery fixed the prob for about 2 weeks. Group 004 on Vag-Com(start of injection) (specified) .4 BTDC (actual) 17.8 BTDC:eek: (duty cycle) 2.8...
  17. Rydogx13

New vacuum lines

Where do I buy new vacuum lines? Is there a kit, or do I just buy some tubing and cut to size?
  18. Rydogx13

No power at low rpm!

I have no power @ low rpm but it kicks in hard @ about 2300rpm in any gear. First I suspected the intake at 140,000mi. Amazingly the intake looks good! Changed the fuel filter, oil and filter, air filter and cleaned EGR and snow screen, no change. If I unplug the MAF I get low but even power...
  19. Rydogx13

Best deal on MAF?

Does anyone know the best place to buy a new MAF? Is the Piersburg really just as good as OEM? I bought my last one from the dealer and paid way too much.
  20. Rydogx13

Any Guru's in the Seattle or Bellingham area?

I'm in Bellingham and about to do a timing belt on my golf. Hoping to find someone with a little experience to look over my shoulder. Anyone have TB tools I could rent and a VagCom to check it with? My TB is very cracked and I am now afraid to drive it until it is replaced. Please help!