Search results

1. ddc

SOLD SOLD SOLD 2005 Mk4 GLS Jetta Wagon Black on Black leather 5 SPD BEW NW Indiana $1000 OBO

Buying another car tomorrow. Making crazy deal to TDIClub member... Or it gets traded in cheap... 318,xxx miles TB done Sep 2019 runs well, some rust New tires, snows and rims, summer tires and rims, vagcom, hardcover manuals Many upgrades installed, plus new and used parts to go with...
  2. ddc

2005 Mk4 Jetta Wagon GLS TDI 5 speed- Northwest Indiana

Sale cancelled
  3. ddc

FS or trade: Eibach lowering springs '05 Jetta Wagon ....Unpimp my auto

I want to return to stock height. Bought the car lowered and it does look good and rides tight. Too low for me. Anyone have stock wagon springs and wants to sell or trade?
  4. ddc

Incredible MPG

Since resealing the IP on my B4 - I've logged consistent tankfulls at 53 MPG - 95% highway use @ 65-75 MPH. Logged one 55 MPG tank running 60-65 MPH. Last tank brought 55 MPG on the highway avg 70 MPH with some excursions into 75-80 MPH when late for work. The car has 335,000 miles on it.
  5. ddc

Injection pump reseal help?

The injection pump on my 1997 Passat TDI is leaking. It needs to be resealed. Need someone to help, teach me how to or just do it for a reasonable price. I'm in Rensselaer Indiana, an hour south of Lake MI and two hours north of Indy.
  6. ddc

Trusted Leaky Inj Pump Repair Shop

I live in Jasper County Indiana, about an hour south of Lake Michigan and two hours north of Indy along I 65. Who can do or suggest a shop that can reseal my inj pump? Let it go for a while and now have a coolant leak due to diesel on coolant hose causing the rubber to rot. Please contact me...
  7. ddc

B4 Frozen - No Boost

Coldest day in a while since a recent thaw, so the usual frozen door latches and weather stripping issues ... Also, now have no boost. No CEL, just a lack of power. Could it be a frozen N75 or frozen wastegate actuator? Really too cold to do any troubleshooting. Hoping for a little warm up and...
  8. ddc

feeler - 1997 Passat TDI B4 Black with Black leather interior- NW Indiana

Looking for B4 Sedan parts car - Indiana Prefer Black car. Need parts to replace damage from recent accident at right front corner. Or maybe someone has a black right front fender, black front bumper cover and black trim around headlights \ grill?:o
  9. ddc

1997 Passat Leather

Swapped in a black leather glx interior many miles ago and aftter those many miles the drivers seat is really worn. Looking for a replacement. There is a passenger seat available, thought I could swap skins onto my drivers seat. Thinik that would work? There is a front seat skin set on ebay...
  10. ddc

temperature gauge elevated zero

With key off temp gauge needle read 240* Rose from there over toward fuel gauge with the key on. Did some searching and found the gauge re-zero procedure. Pull F21, second fuse from the right with key off. After what sounded like a small stream of compressed air escaping both when fuse...
  11. ddc

excessive rear camber cause?

Updated ... excessive rear camber cause? More information ... I have always noticed a small amount of rear camber. Lost a right rear wheel bearing a year or so ago and finally replaced the stub shaft after replacing a few bearings. So now I have found a lot of wear on my right rear tire inside...
  12. ddc

Rave for Jeff's VW Repair / Indianapolis Area

I had air conditioning and low power problems on my B4. Took it to Jeff's VW Repair in Mooresville Indiana (near Indy). Very satisfied, Jeff is knowledgeable and honest. AC was diagnosed with a bad compressor at another shop - all it needed was a recharge? Saved big money, hope it holds. Also...
  13. ddc

Thanks to Jeff's VW Repair in Mooresville, IN

Replaced the clutch in my B4. Good service at a good price.
  14. ddc

Glow Plug Story

I didn't do any research before trying to remove my glow plugs. Thought it would be like removing spark plugs. They are all very tight, tried to apply enough force to remove the 1st one and it just spins now. Like the top separated from the bottom portion that is threaded. It didnt snap...
  15. ddc

B4 Injection pump noise

While checking the glow plugs in my 97 Passat TDI, i heard a noise from the IP. I had the coolant sensor disconnected so I would have enough time to measure voltage at the GP harness. Sort of a buzzing noise from the IP, went away when the GP circuit timed out. Make sense to anyone? Is...
  16. ddc

WTB 1997 Passat ECU

Looking for a good working spare ECU for my 1997 Passat TDI. 028 906 021 FA Anyone have one of these laying around collecting dust?
  17. ddc

Troubleshooting B4 in Northwest Indiana

I posted earlier asking for help finding someone who has vagcom in the area. HERE IS THAT THREAD http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=308971 Now I am starting to dig into it, Replaced fuel filter, eventually worked out all of the bubbles visible in the fuel line. Replaced N75...
  18. ddc

Need VAGCOM Help in Northwest Indiana

My 1997 Passat TDI is running pretty crappy. Anyone in the region with vagcom?
  19. ddc

leaking themostat housing

Trying to install thermostat and o-ring from VW. Can't get it to stop dripping. I used o-ring grease to hold thermostat and o-ring in place. Leaking between thermostat housing and block. Help?
  20. ddc

No start 1997 Passat TDI

My '97 Passat failed to start yesterday. Before I get into it, Thank you to both Jason TDI and Paramedick for the over the phone advice. It was hard to start the car that morning because it was about +5 and I had not plugged in the night before. It did eventualy start. Later that afternoon I...